What will be the result

Win
28 (45.2%)
Draw
31 (50%)
Loss
3 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: Stoke v Everton  (Read 33315 times)

December 10, 2012, 08:43:19 PM
Read 33315 times

Shogun

Administrator
We know what to expect when we go to the Brittania, it's not going to be pretty and we will probably besides off with referees again this weekend. I'd like to see Fellaini dropped deeper but I can't see it happening. I'd be happy with a draw and realistically I think that is what we will get.

Also, they're unbeaten at home since February.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 08:43:42 PM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 10, 2012, 08:51:17 PM
Reply #1

Stuartbarlowscurlyhead

1-1
Jela

ps...why are so many people calling for Felli to be dropped deeper!!?!?! He is playing the football of his life..and you want to move him away from the goals......
Your all fuckin mad!?!?!?  :headbang:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 08:51:32 PM by Stuartbarlowscurlyhead »
I havent seen a goal quite like that in a merseyside derby for years! The Evertonians are on the pitch!

December 10, 2012, 08:54:15 PM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
1-1
Jela

ps...why are so many people calling for Felli to be dropped deeper!!?!?! He is playing the football of his life..and you want to move him away from the goals......
Your all fuckin mad!?!?!?  :headbang:
Because two CB always have him in their pocket (see West Brom game)
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 10, 2012, 08:56:28 PM
Reply #3

cantoffee

I hate Stoke, they are the worst. Watch every single corner Huth or Shawcross will have Fellaini wrapped up and they won't get called for it once.

I would love to demolish them and Pulis for being no more than a gang of thugs, but this is one of those games where I think a 1-1 is almost a sure thing.

December 10, 2012, 08:58:28 PM
Reply #4

keiko

2-0 fellaini.

December 10, 2012, 09:25:55 PM
Reply #5

School of Science

I to think Felli should be played deeper against Soke,against Stoke we have to be stronger more powerfull in midfield.Fellaini,like Shogun says is not as effective against a team with two massive,yarddog cb's.Against them you will need more craft and speed,which is why if fit I would pair Miralles and Jelavic together.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

December 10, 2012, 09:27:00 PM
Reply #6

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Nah swerve changing our tactics for Stoke, go there play our own game and we will win.

December 10, 2012, 09:27:34 PM
Reply #7

Fellainis Hairdresser

Not the game to be playing a lot of high balls

keep it on the deck and i think we'll get a result

2-1 jela, fellaini
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

December 10, 2012, 10:37:21 PM
Reply #8

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I think there might be a decent point here that Fellaini effectiveness up top has dipped when played against a couple of big CBs. We might be better using him deeper for this game.

December 10, 2012, 10:40:16 PM
Reply #9

DannyR

Stoke, it's going to be grim, very grim.

We shouldn't change, carry on as we are!
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

December 10, 2012, 10:51:58 PM
Reply #10

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Really hope we dont play the long ball game to suit them. They'll do us if we play to their strengths. We are an infinitely better footballing side than them lets beat them that way.

One of the toughest sides to win at though Stoke. They usually take points off the top sides at home

Im gonna be optimistic and say we will win but Im expecting a draw
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 10, 2012, 10:56:42 PM
Reply #11

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The conundrum here is that the midfield is often by passed in games like this.

If Felli is deeper he's going to have to play as a dm to combat the lump forward otherwise he's not going to be involved enough.

He's obviously going to have less impact against a pair of CBs whose strength is in the air.

The problem for us is that if he doesn't play up front and due to their pressing of the ball we're forced into less considered passes that Jelavic and whoever just get flattened by the defenders meaning that we're rarely getting into positions high up the pitch.

You know that Felli will still win plenty of ball even if he's not dominating as he might do against less imposing defences.

I can see both arguments but I'd lean towards keeping him up top as we are playing well even if we've not won as many as we could/should have.

It could be one to change as the game develops though.

December 10, 2012, 10:59:46 PM
Reply #12

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Hmm...Vellios up top with Jelavic and Fellaini next to Gibson?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 11:00:43 PM by blueToffee »

December 10, 2012, 11:03:03 PM
Reply #13

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber

Id say that would play into their hands as it will just be an aerial battle that they will probably win.

I wonder if we could ask the ref if we can play no overhead heights?
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 10, 2012, 11:03:11 PM
Reply #14

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Vellios' start against Stoke last year wouldn't give me any confidence that he'd offer anywhere near the same stuff as Felli.

Plus Felli does drop into midfield when required. Even if one of Vellios or Jelavic were asked to do that it'd be unnatural and therefore wouldn't be the same either.