What will be the result

Win
28 (45.2%)
Draw
31 (50%)
Loss
3 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: Stoke v Everton  (Read 33237 times)

December 16, 2012, 03:45:37 AM
Reply #510

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Have you ever headbutted anyone in your life? There's no fucking way he could've broken the cheekbone of anyone like that.

Don't be ridiculous, this is sport.

But I challenge you to find a single case when a retaliatory headbutt after an hour-long provocation that results in no actual injury ended in a prison sentence.

Well most players don't headbutt each other. Duncan did, met prison, iirc McStay wasnt injured as such.

Stop being silly, Fellaini's challenge was fucking awful.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 03:46:27 AM by NomadskiEFC »
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

December 16, 2012, 03:56:31 AM
Reply #511

Major Clanger

Well most players don't headbutt each other. Duncan did, met prison, iirc McStay wasnt injured as such.

The charge against Ferguson was an absolutely ridiculous one. It's pretty much the only example of a footballer being jailed for anything done on the pitch, ever.

However, even under these extraordinary and frankly, laughable circumstances he was only given a prison sentence because of his previous convictions and the fact that he was on probation.

So stop being a fucking pussy and save your indignation for the truly horrendous crimes, like Suarez against Mirallas, like Roy Keane on Haaland, Nolan on Anichebe and so on.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

December 16, 2012, 05:57:10 AM
Reply #512

evertonjoe

Does the punch in the face fall into the category of serious foul?

R.A.P Music

December 16, 2012, 06:12:22 AM
Reply #513

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
This is the worst sporting foul I've ever seen.

The Last Boy Scout (Opening scene - football shoot-up)
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 16, 2012, 06:47:22 AM
Reply #514

.Rimbo.

I'm not doing either.

With Fellaini what pisses me off is the mock shock and uproar (not from our fans mostly), as if he had done something truly dreadful. He didn't. He didn't try to break someone's leg, he didn't try to stamp on a knee, kick out from behind or something truly despicable. He was stupid and deserves a three game ban but pretending that he's the Yorkshire ripper gets on my tits.

And with Howard, I simply pointed out how pointless it is to say "we would've won but for Howard". He saved our hides twice and fucked it up once, that's all we know, everything else is conjecture.

Not really because if they would've scored one of those chances it would've completely changed the flow of the game i.e. it wouldn't have been a kick-off for us, but rather a throw-in/corner/nothing for us and it would've changed the complete mentality of each and every player on the pitch...if we're talking conjecture.

Howard's shite. Osman's shite. The end.

December 16, 2012, 06:49:18 AM
Reply #515

Major Clanger

Not really because if they would've scored one of those chances it would've completely changed the flow of the game i.e. it wouldn't have been a kick-off for us, but rather a throw-in/corner/nothing for us and it would've changed the complete mentality of each and every player on the pitch...if we're talking conjecture.

Did he or did he not save us twice when the defence should've done better? He did. Everything else is just pointless "what if" fantasising.

December 16, 2012, 06:52:23 AM
Reply #516

.Rimbo.

Did he or did he not save us twice when the defence should've done better? He did. Everything else is just pointless "what if" fantasising.

You were the one who presented this as fact, that he saved us. Had they scored maybe our mentality would've changed and, likewise, theirs and hence we may have won the game 3-2, 4-3 whatever. It's hard to say. Merely saying that your presentation isn't really fact either, is it? Who knows?

All I know is that a Premier League standard goalkeeper should be saving Jones' header every day of the week, twice on Sundays.

December 16, 2012, 06:56:50 AM
Reply #517

Major Clanger

You were the one who presented this as fact, that he saved us. Had they scored maybe our mentality would've changed and, likewise, theirs and hence we may have won the game 3-2, 4-3 whatever. It's hard to say. Merely saying that your presentation isn't really fact either, is it? Who knows?

All I know is that a Premier League standard goalkeeper should be saving Jones' header every day of the week, twice on Sundays.

Once again you're fantasising, Rimbs. He saved us twice and fucked it up once, these are the facts. I'm talking about what was. You're the one talking about what could've been. Hell, you even said that had he let one in, we could've won. I mean, come on, don't be ridiculous.

Show me one Premier League goalkeeper who never once had a rough patch. Reine? Nope. Cech? Nope. Hart? Nope. The rest aren't even worth mentioning. It's a blip that he has to deal with, that's all.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 06:57:58 AM by Major Clanger »

December 16, 2012, 07:06:16 AM
Reply #518

.Rimbo.

Once again you're fantasising, Rimbs. He saved us twice and fucked it up once, these are the facts. I'm talking about what was. You're the one talking about what could've been. Hell, you even said that had he let one in, we could've won. I mean, come on, don't be ridiculous.

Show me one Premier League goalkeeper who never once had a rough patch. Reine? Nope. Cech? Nope. Hart? Nope. The rest aren't even worth mentioning. It's a blip that he has to deal with, that's all.

It's an 18-month blip now, fella!

December 16, 2012, 07:10:17 AM
Reply #519

Gash

Global Moderator

It's turning into a worryingly long blip. It's probably the same kind of blip that made SAF sell him?

December 16, 2012, 02:31:16 PM
Reply #520

Rodenplav64

Tim Howard just needs longer studs and we would have won .

December 16, 2012, 03:01:30 PM
Reply #521

Rodenplav64

Unbelievable. People may disagree with my observations and others like you might not take them seriously, but I am quite sincere and serious when expressing them. Your observations, on the other hand, of Osman's performance today and throughout the season, cannot be taken seriously. He has been terrible. That sitter that he missed has epitomised his season

Your vindictiveness bordering on a one man hate campaign can't be taken seriously either .