November 18, 2017, 07:16:23 AM

Author Topic: Fellaini is the best midfielder  (Read 8476 times)

December 27, 2009, 12:27:15 AM
Read 8476 times

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
"I think in Marouane Fellaini is probably the best midfielder in the country at the moment. He was exceptional today and his goal was reward for the way he played today."

A quote from Moyes today. And while I wouldn't use those exact words I think he has been pivotal in us getting anything from games at the moment. Not sure if people are coming around on him get but I'm becomming a big admirer of what he brings to the team. He might be our next tallisman ala Cahill.

Also I really think we need to play Yak more, we looked far more likely to score with him on. Saha is great but he is a little lightweight up on his own. Shame we are about to lose him to the ACN.

And finally while I am no Hibbert hater I reaaaallly qant to see Coleman get a game. Maybe against Burnley? We need more down the right.

deCoubertin

December 27, 2009, 12:28:57 AM
Reply #1

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
HE is passionate too and really wants to win. Really is a true blue.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 27, 2009, 12:32:46 AM
Reply #2

bigl1cks

Superb again today.
anything but long ball!

December 27, 2009, 12:36:19 AM
Reply #3

Endless, Nameless

Should I add a facepalm to this thread as well?

Don't get me wrong, he played well in the second half, like a true-blue indeed. But also like a true-blue, he's not the best at anything useful.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 27, 2009, 12:46:10 AM
Reply #4

chang

But also like a true-blue, he's not the best at anything useful.

Don't understand that Callum ...... are you not a "true blue" ?

December 27, 2009, 12:57:21 AM
Reply #5

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
He is playing well at the moment, and the fact that he's got some consistency with it as well is the best thing about it for me.  We saw the odd flash previously, but now he's put something like 5 games on the trot where he's looked the part, and that's very encouraging.

Obviously he's not the best midfielder in the country, but Moyes is just probably trying to give his confidence a boost and there's nothing wrong with that.

December 27, 2009, 01:00:49 AM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Should I add a facepalm to this thread as well?

Don't get me wrong, he played well in the second half, like a true-blue indeed. But also like a true-blue, he's not the best at anything useful.

Disagree, he is useful in keeping the ball, passing it well and keeping possession. He keeps it simple and gives us a base to attack from. He's been one of the few successes of this season of late.

Sure, every player should be capable of doing these things, but frankly, it seems they are not.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 27, 2009, 01:07:54 AM
Reply #7

Endless, Nameless

Haha, I'd like to think I'm a true-blue like. And yes, recently he has been one of the best players we've had, but that's just because he's been playing ok. Mediocrity in a sea of shit sometimes looks like excellence.

But I like Felli, I do. Bily could learn a few things, like how to put a bit of effort in. He does need to shave the afro though, it's a bit like Catherine Tate at the moment. It was a bit funny at first but now it just isn't, and it insists on popping up everywhere... Ok maybe it isn't like Catherine Tate, but you get my point, right?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 01:12:05 AM by CallumF73 »

December 27, 2009, 01:10:10 AM
Reply #8

dekko

Superb again today.

I agree.

Where is CPleigh and Vermillion to talk shit about him now?????

December 27, 2009, 01:32:48 AM
Reply #9

Chris

Administrator
He's been a monster all season. I really didn't get some of the hate he gets from some people. He can be the best.

December 27, 2009, 01:34:08 AM
Reply #10

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
He is playing well but obviously not the best midfielder in the country. Moyes is just happy his 15M is starting to pay off. Must of been worried for a while.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 27, 2009, 01:34:25 AM
Reply #11

Thom

Administrator
Haha, I'd like to think I'm a true-blue like. And yes, recently he has been one of the best players we've had, but that's just because he's been playing ok. Mediocrity in a sea of shit sometimes looks like excellence.

But I like Felli, I do. Bily could learn a few things, like how to put a bit of effort in. He does need to shave the afro though, it's a bit like Catherine Tate at the moment. It was a bit funny at first but now it just isn't, and it insists on popping up everywhere... Ok maybe it isn't like Catherine Tate, but you get my point, right?

Disagree completely. He's been head and shoulders (pun not intended) above everything in our last three games regardless of how poor results have been.

December 27, 2009, 01:41:45 AM
Reply #12

Haile GAZrselassie

he's doing well at the minute.

he's never going to be the box to box midfielder moyes was hoping for (and that's what he was bought as, dont anyone try and tell me otherwise) as he just doesn't have the mobility for it.

his role at the minute is keeping it tidy in the middle of the park and as good as he has been at doing that, for 15m he ought to be capable of much more.

needs to step his game up still but will be interesting to see where he fits in when we have a full squad to choose from.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

December 27, 2009, 01:45:16 AM
Reply #13

Endless, Nameless

Disagree completely. He's been head and shoulders (pun not intended) above everything in our last three games regardless of how poor results have been.

Maybe I've just lost sight of what constitutes a good performance recently, when I keep thinking we're playing well and yet getting shit results. I think I've also got it in my head that he's making loads of horrible fouls, but I've just remembered that the refs love to pull him up for anything. I do think he would get booked and pulled up less if he had a less conspicuous hairstyle though.

December 27, 2009, 02:24:39 AM
Reply #14

Rhys

he's doing well at the minute.

he's never going to be the box to box midfielder moyes was hoping for (and that's what he was bought as, dont anyone try and tell me otherwise) as he just doesn't have the mobility for it.

his role at the minute is keeping it tidy in the middle of the park and as good as he has been at doing that, for 15m he ought to be capable of much more.

needs to step his game up still but will be interesting to see where he fits in when we have a full squad to choose from.

Needs to step his game?

That is exactly what he has done over the last 2 months and i havent seen a centre midfielder play at such a consistently high level over the last 2 months as him in the league. He has been outstanding. He has looked miles above anything we have, he is making Cahill look average and he (along with Pienaar) is carrying the rest of the team.

I dont agree that he cant be a box to box midfielder because that is what he does. He hasnt had to do it all game but we have to allow him to dominate all over the pitch because he is a monster. That's Jones, Terry, Drogba and Crouch over the last few weeks that he has brushed aside constantly in aerial battles all over the pitch. He doesnt waste possession these days, he doesnt lose a battle, he wins everything in the air, he wins set pieces at both ends and he is always available to get the ball. People like Mikel, Lampard just couldnt handle him physically. It wasnt even as though he had to try, he is so physically superior to them that he can knock them off the ball and keep hold of it at the same time. Once today he towered above Jones then not only reacted first he brought the second ball down and played a nice pass out wide. He is developing as a player and getting used to how he has to play in this league.

I liked him from the start and sure I am biased towards him, but right now he is up there with the best and if he is well on the way to being one of the best midfielders in the league. Has he looked a 15m player recently? Without a shadow of a doubt in my opinion. I am sure he will have tough spells ahead but in those tough spells surely people who think he is awful, a 3m championship player should look at this spell and see what we could have on our hands when he is fully developed in 3 years time and playing in a team that is actually playing well as opposed to a team where 2 players are trying to do everything.