November 20, 2017, 05:32:34 PM

Author Topic: Fellaini is the best midfielder  (Read 8503 times)

December 27, 2009, 02:25:41 AM
Reply #15

montanatoffeefan

He is playing well at the moment, and the fact that he's got some consistency with it as well is the best thing about it for me.  We saw the odd flash previously, but now he's put something like 5 games on the trot where he's looked the part, and that's very encouraging.

Obviously he's not the best midfielder in the country, but Moyes is just probably trying to give his confidence a boost and there's nothing wrong with that.

Pretty much this. Fell's been pretty good for us of late which a lot of people mistake for pretty great because he's been pretty bad for much of his time here. If Moyes' assessment was anything but a bollocks confidence booster, I would join the "Sack Moyes" mob certain that our manager had lost his fucking mind.

"Best midfielder in the country." Was Moyes in the airspace above Luxemborg when he made that comment?
Everton forever.

deCoubertin

December 27, 2009, 03:13:08 AM
Reply #16

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
his comment was best midfielder in the country at the moment. that means he is playing the best in that position out of anyone else. in other words he is on form.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 27, 2009, 03:13:29 AM
Reply #17

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
He isn't the next Cahill as Fellaini can actually play football.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 27, 2009, 03:17:51 AM
Reply #18

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
You right vermillion, Cahill is dire when not scoring. Offers the team nothing.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 27, 2009, 03:30:18 AM
Reply #19

Pienaar's 6th dreadlock from the right

You right vermillion, Cahill is dire when not scoring. Offers the team nothing.
I agree he should be played more as a super sub. Against tottenham he scores late on.. what else did he do?

December 27, 2009, 03:31:55 AM
Reply #20

Pienaar's 6th dreadlock from the right

I agree he should be played more as a super sub. Against tottenham he scores late on.. what else did he do?
He still hasn't done much of it this season anyway.

December 27, 2009, 03:47:25 AM
Reply #21

edbootle

He had a pretty good game today. Lot better than what he turned out in the past anyway.Saying he's the best in the country is a bit daft though. lolol.
Cahill offers nothing at the moment. :headbang:
:cheers:

December 27, 2009, 04:10:12 AM
Reply #22

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
coming from a sofa watching fan!! haha dont make me laugh!!

December 27, 2009, 04:22:09 AM
Reply #23

Gash

Global Moderator
Playing his best football so far for us. Played a lovely inch perfect pass in the second half. The goal was what he deserved for his performance. He's starting to appear all over the pitch, and put in some top notch performances, and on a consistant basis. I just feel sorry for the guy when he has a bad day and all the biffs come back out the woodwork again.

Also as said above, Cahill is woefull at the moment, and has been for most of the season. I'm begining to wonder if he fears an injury before the world cup and is holding back a bit at the moment. As he has been way short of his commited best recently.

December 27, 2009, 04:31:59 AM
Reply #24

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Playing his best football so far for us. Played a lovely inch perfect pass in the second half. The goal was what he deserved for his performance. He's starting to appear all over the pitch, and put in some top notch performances, and on a consistant basis.

must have missed that on his stream

December 27, 2009, 04:41:55 AM
Reply #25

MmmBlueRamirez

he's doing well at the minute.

he's never going to be the box to box midfielder moyes was hoping for (and that's what he was bought as, dont anyone try and tell me otherwise) as he just doesn't have the mobility for it.

his role at the minute is keeping it tidy in the middle of the park and as good as he has been at doing that, for 15m he ought to be capable of much more.

needs to step his game up still but will be interesting to see where he fits in when we have a full squad to choose from.

He is now undroppable on current form. Cahill will have to make way when we get our inured players back.

He is becoming the epitomie of the box to box midfielder. Moyes and the coaching team need to be commended for ironing some out the niggles in his game that held him back and pushing him forward to be the player I always thought he would be. Now he has his full fitness after his early season helath issues he is alost fully up to the pace of the premier league.

Does that link to that post from ages ago where we discussed fellaini still work? Would be good to revisit it
(for my own smugness)
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 27, 2009, 04:52:12 AM
Reply #26

BlueWool

If you couldn't see he his potential then and you are still denying he is a good player now then frankly you've no idea what you're talking about. People still whining on about the 15m need to compare him to a similar buy like Anderson and remember the price we got for Andy Johnson.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 04:54:04 AM by BlueWool »

December 27, 2009, 04:54:46 AM
Reply #27

cantoffee

I can only see him getting better once arteta gets back, they'll complement each other so well. That central midfield pairing will rival the best in the league.

December 27, 2009, 04:56:40 AM
Reply #28

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I can only see him getting better once arteta gets back, they'll complement each other so well. That central midfield pairing will rival the best in the league.

Let's hope you mean the Premier League  :whistle:
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 27, 2009, 05:06:14 AM
Reply #29

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Fellaini is our best player thus far this season apart from Howard.  I know that isn't saying that much but his all round game is great right now.  I loved the guy anyway but he is proving himself every game.