November 23, 2017, 06:15:11 AM

Author Topic: Fellaini is the best midfielder  (Read 8522 times)

December 27, 2009, 05:08:34 AM
Reply #30

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Hey Baron. We or should I say I missed your ratings thread post game. Was too lazy to do one myself
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

deCoubertin

December 27, 2009, 05:36:10 AM
Reply #31

efcforlife

he's been o.k in recent weeks but the problem is the rest of the team have been shit..

the last time I checked we were not winning games and our form wasnt that good..

when the sqauds fit and hopefully playing better football is the time to test him, last season he fucked our style of play up imo.

Ill get murdered for this but I actually think he has a lot to do with how poor weve been, we changed to suit his style and it hasnt worked.

December 27, 2009, 05:37:49 AM
Reply #32

Endless, Nameless

Fellaini is our best player thus far this season apart from Howard.  I know that isn't saying that much but his all round game is great right now.  I loved the guy anyway but he is proving himself every game.

*Ahem* SAHA. LOUIS SAHA

Without him we'd be probably be looking up at 6 more teams than we are now. And Pienaar as well. But recently, I think Felli has been good. He was shite at the start, but obviously he had that infection. I'm just glad he seems to be proving his worth. I sometimes forget that he is like 21-22 because he looks like a 40-something, serial rapist.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 27, 2009, 05:40:48 AM
Reply #33

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
he's been o.k in recent weeks but the problem is the rest of the team have been shit..

the last time I checked we were not winning games and our form wasnt that good..

when the sqauds fit and hopefully playing better football is the time to test him, last season he fucked our style of play up imo.

Ill get murdered for this but I actually think he has a lot to do with how poor weve been, we changed to suit his style and it hasnt worked.

Are you ok? We didn't change anything of our style to suit him. He played behind the striker last season because we had no strikers. Playing midfield now because he is a midfielder. We playing the same the last 2 games as we have done for quite a while.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 27, 2009, 05:48:23 AM
Reply #34

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

Simple question then - do you think if Fellaini had been playing off a striker and Cahill was playing centre mid that we'd not have been so shit recently?

Because that would be a massive assumption based on no evidence that I've seen to be honest.  Fellaini is now back in the centre mid position that people said he wasn't good enough for and is excelling.  Cahill is back in his favoured advance midfield position and is still struggling to find any sort of form.  So quite how you think the team is struggling because of Fellaini is beyond me.

December 27, 2009, 06:27:00 AM
Reply #35

DannyR

fellaini is looking alot better now. i think he will show why he is worth 15 million!
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

December 27, 2009, 09:00:09 AM
Reply #36

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Hey Baron. We or should I say I missed your ratings thread post game. Was too lazy to do one myself

Apologies for that mate, nice to see someone missed them ;)  Blargins subbed the game before.  In Florida on hols so on stupid times.  Having to catch up with games via the beeb!  Normal service will be resumed in a week! 

December 27, 2009, 09:02:56 AM
Reply #37

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
*Ahem* SAHA. LOUIS SAHA

Without him we'd be probably be looking up at 6 more teams than we are now. And Pienaar as well. But recently, I think Felli has been good. He was shite at the start, but obviously he had that infection. I'm just glad he seems to be proving his worth. I sometimes forget that he is like 21-22 because he looks like a 40-something, serial rapist.

Pienaar has had a good spell but Fella has shown more over 90 for me (not arguing that Pienaar is the better footballer).  Saha has kept us afloat with goals but it is Fellaini putting the shift in for me all over, so he would get the nod ahead of him right now.  He is nicking balls, playing the right passes and actually winning his headers this season. 

December 27, 2009, 09:37:26 AM
Reply #38

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
HE is passionate too and really wants to win.

This. I love the way he goes Fucking mental when he scores and looks like he's gonna self harm when he misses a chance he should of scored. Realy does look as if he is getting in the swing of things and enjoying his football. He seems to of adjusted to the pace of the Prem quite well now and I think we will see improve alot more and has realise how to use his strength and build to a advantage at last(like his recent knack of winning nearly everything in the air). The signs are finally pointing toward thet we have a quality player on our hands.

December 27, 2009, 01:56:51 PM
Reply #39

huck

Loving the guy at the moment. It shows why so many people get on his back though because I still have it clear in my memory the performances before he started showing form and compared to recent he was dreadful. Big fan of his hope he keeps the current form up.
Le Berry

December 27, 2009, 04:13:21 PM
Reply #40

MmmBlueRamirez

Are you cpleigh in disguise because you both clearly know fuck all about football.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 27, 2009, 04:19:27 PM
Reply #41

fast lane

Didn't see the match yesterday, but he has shown a marked improvement lately.
But when it comes to criticizing him, people have to start mentioning his hair.
This is pathetic, get over it.
His hairstyle is irrelevant to how he plays on the pitch.
Let's hope he keeps it up.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 27, 2009, 05:28:38 PM
Reply #42

Haile GAZrselassie

pmsl at some of you.

yes he's doing well at present. but let's not go wetting ourselves just yet eh. he does still make stupid fouls, he does still give the ball away on occasion and he does still switch off more often than what is acceptable.

improving? without question! anything like a 15m pound player? not for me!

admittedly i only watched it on the telly last night but he was nothing above average to me yesterday, and he was badly at fault for what proved to be two dropped points last week against brum.

Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

December 27, 2009, 06:06:52 PM
Reply #43

berano

I've liked him from the start, but his current form is why we bought him from liege. People slag him on here for silly mistakes, who doesn't make them at the moment. He isn't judged fairly,  He should be first name on the sheet and the team built around him.

December 27, 2009, 06:35:21 PM
Reply #44

Endless, Nameless

Pienaar has had a good spell but Fella has shown more over 90 for me (not arguing that Pienaar is the better footballer).  Saha has kept us afloat with goals but it is Fellaini putting the shift in for me all over, so he would get the nod ahead of him right now.  He is nicking balls, playing the right passes and actually winning his headers this season. 

If he did these:
1) Cut his hair
2) Worked on his tackling, so he gave less fouls (he's not that bad, he's just got a rep, but he could still cut out the ocassional unnecessary fouls in his game)

then I'd be a lot happier with him. I am excited to see what kind of a player we have on our hands over the next few seasons though.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.