result

Win
27 (49.1%)
Draw
17 (30.9%)
Lose
11 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: West Ham v Everton  (Read 32442 times)

December 17, 2012, 11:50:41 PM
Reply #15

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
So....

Howard

Coleman   Jags   Distin   Baines

Naismith   Gibson Osman Pienaar

Barkley

Jelavic?

Naismith and Barkley can interchange and maybe even Osman?

Could also be Hitzlsperger in with Osman or Naismith pushed forward and Barkley still on the bench (my least favourite option).  I fancy us for this but I always do and tend to be wrong.  8-0 to West Ham.

December 17, 2012, 11:52:34 PM
Reply #16

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
So....

Howard

Coleman   Jags   Distin   Baines

Naismith   Gibson Osman Pienaar

Barkley

Jelavic?

Naismith and Barkley can interchange and maybe even Osman?

Could also be Hitzlsperger in with Osman or Naismith pushed forward and Barkley still on the bench (my least favourite option).  I fancy us for this but I always do and tend to be wrong.  8-0 to West Ham.

Would be my team, just give Barkley a free role, the lad likes a good walk about

December 17, 2012, 11:53:30 PM
Reply #17

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Would be my team, just give Barkley a free role, the lad likes a good walk about

Yeah and I am not sure he has the discipline yet to do the defensive work the right side/middle requires

December 18, 2012, 12:02:17 AM
Reply #18

cantoffee

I think that will be the team Silas, perhaps see Der Hammer in instead of Barkley with Osman pushed up, but I can`t see it otherwise.

I know some are worried about Heitinga coming into midfield but I don`t see it happening. He wasn`t being put in there earlier this year so I doubt he will be know. Yes he was starting at CB but Moyes could easily have moved him into CM and put Distin into the back if he wanted to.

December 18, 2012, 12:04:28 AM
Reply #19

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I think that will be the team Silas, perhaps see Der Hammer in instead of Barkley with Osman pushed up, but I can`t see it otherwise.

I know some are worried about Heitinga coming into midfield but I don`t see it happening. He wasn`t being put in there earlier this year so I doubt he will be know. Yes he was starting at CB but Moyes could easily have moved him into CM and put Distin into the back if he wanted to.

Yeah I think Heitinga is done in midfield except as an absolute last resort.  I can see the logic of Hitzlsperger coming in but the slowness of that midfield already worries me.

December 18, 2012, 12:37:42 AM
Reply #20

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I think Heitinga is done in midfield except as an absolute last resort.  I can see the logic of Hitzlsperger coming in but the slowness of that midfield already worries me.

Yeah the pace would worry me.

Although you need to be professionally switched on against Alardyce's teams so I could see going with Hitz for that logic.

December 18, 2012, 12:46:09 AM
Reply #21

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Gonna need fucking neck surgery after watching Stoke and West Ham within a week

December 18, 2012, 01:08:25 AM
Reply #22

cantoffee

Our team is very small without Fellaini, can definitely see them scoring from a set-piece or hoof.

Of our 10 outfield players I think only Distin and Jelavic will be over 6 feet, Barkley as well if he starts.

December 18, 2012, 01:41:04 AM
Reply #23

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Our team is very small without Fellaini, can definitely see them scoring from a set-piece or hoof.

Of our 10 outfield players I think only Distin and Jelavic will be over 6 feet, Barkley as well if he starts.

This could well come into it too.

December 18, 2012, 04:52:08 AM
Reply #24

Fellainis Hairdresser

Be dissappointed if barkley doesn't start but i think oviedo will come in
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

December 18, 2012, 07:23:17 AM
Reply #25

marky v

As its an away game i'd like Hitzlsperger to start with Osman further forward, Barkley can get a game in against Wigan were we'll be more on the front foot, but i think we need a more solid Centre Mid away from home

December 18, 2012, 02:30:43 PM
Reply #26

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Point taken, but if you look long-term I think we have taken more points off West ham than any other team

yeah we have had some good wins against them, and I dont remember being beaten by them too many times to be fair
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 18, 2012, 03:07:56 PM
Reply #27

Fellainis Hairdresser

haven't lost at their gaff since 2007
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

December 18, 2012, 05:38:31 PM
Reply #28

Fynci

Can't see Barkley starting at all. I expect Heitinga to be put in the centre, and Osman pushed up further.
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

December 18, 2012, 05:43:56 PM
Reply #29

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Can't see Barkley starting at all. I expect Heitinga to be put in the centre, and Osman pushed up further.

He'd go for Hitz though surely?

As has been said we could have played Heitinga there before but have gone for Hitz.

Although if we wanted a bit more nous in terms of defending set pieces there would be some logic for Heitinga.