November 23, 2017, 02:24:54 AM

Author Topic: Newcastle v Everton  (Read 32332 times)

January 03, 2013, 02:56:33 PM
Reply #615

david smallman

A hard fought victory last night we looked tired second half but we showed great spirit.
Bainsey,Distin,and Pienaar were superb.
Heitinga was poor again and the best thing i can say about Naismith is right wing is not for him

January 03, 2013, 03:36:55 PM
Reply #616

Macca77

We need Hibbert back asap, get Jags back into the middle and get rid of Heitinga

January 03, 2013, 04:01:08 PM
Reply #617

Rodenplav64

Excellent win and some really good passing play at times . Gem of a free kick ( to take advantage of a very soft award ) , brilliant awareness and footwork from Jelavic to beat Colocini and set up Vic . Heitinga was woeful and another howler from Howard ( redeemed by some excellent reflex saves ) despite his customary hesitation at crosses . Naismith , I am sorry but I just don't get what he offers at all as his lack of pace means he looks out of place all over the pitch . So good to beat Newcastle at their place though ........................... 8 year contract my arse .

January 03, 2013, 04:06:46 PM
Reply #618

Stuartbarlowscurlyhead

OK so the end justifies the means, fair enuff, but was anyone else roaring at Fell and Vic to go for it when we had the ball on their 18 yard line with 6 mins of injury time still to play?
I havent seen a goal quite like that in a merseyside derby for years! The Evertonians are on the pitch!

January 03, 2013, 04:09:58 PM
Reply #619

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Yes as I had that as my prediction  score
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 03, 2013, 04:10:51 PM
Reply #620

MmmBlueRamirez

There's been comments recently that you can't criticise players on here, that's definately not the case, of course players can be criticised. But it's interesting that people are now starting to comment on the level of shite that ends up on here.

It's been discussed recently amongst the moderators as the matchday threads have become a bit poor over the last few weeks, culminating in the Chelsea thread being archived way earlier than it should have as it just turned into a complete farce. There's not really much we can do at the moment but it does become very tiresome when it's the same people posting the same thing every week. Criticism's fine, but when it's all you hear from the same people, without giving credit at any point it all gets bit boring to read week in week out.

For me, I really don't enjoy the matchday threads at the moment, they used to have a good balance of opinions on here, now it's the same negative thing every week, good result or bad result, from the same people.

Gash. It's easy to stamp out. Just fire a couple of mod bombs at the main protagonists threatening account suspension. A bit like handing out yellow cards for persistent niggling fouls in football.

Sent from Überwald via the clacks
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 03, 2013, 04:17:01 PM
Reply #621

Fellainis Hairdresser

yes because i had a tenner on 3-1 at 20/1
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

January 03, 2013, 04:24:17 PM
Reply #622

Stuartbarlowscurlyhead

poor ol oviedo didnt know what to do !!!
I havent seen a goal quite like that in a merseyside derby for years! The Evertonians are on the pitch!

January 03, 2013, 04:30:05 PM
Reply #623

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair Baines didn't make.it easy as he was in two minds. Personally I think Vic should have buried it as he was the onrushing player
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 03, 2013, 04:31:13 PM
Reply #624

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair Baines didn't make.it easy as he was in two minds. Personally I think Vic should have buried it as he was the onrushing player

don't you dare diss Vic you scumbag
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 03, 2013, 04:34:22 PM
Reply #625

dekko

I agree, we had some chances there to score the 3rd and nobody seemed to care to score. Baines and Oviedo were the only ones that did anything.

January 03, 2013, 04:37:10 PM
Reply #626

ilikebrunettes

probably, but i wont let it ruin my thursday
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough