October 21, 2019, 09:27:23 AM

Author Topic: The ITK Thread: January Edition (Back With a Vengeance!)  (Read 331808 times)

January 05, 2013, 07:35:05 PM
Reply #225

Shogun

Administrator

January 05, 2013, 07:37:44 PM
Reply #226

Bally

Administrator
Terry Antonis?

Sent from Überwald via the clacks
Dont know yet guys soon as he gets back to me will let you know, he sent it yesterday so he was probably twatted  lol

I gather it isn't Terry Antonis?

Sent from Jekubs cave in the quarry
It's the roll I way

January 05, 2013, 08:21:20 PM
Reply #227

Bally

Administrator
When Lyonsy told us about him, he was 15, was that in May Bally?  Or was it in November 2011?  I have a feeling it was.

Mick Lyons had been coaching him and filling his head with Everton, and the lad was basically better than Cahill was at that age and only had eyes for us thanks to Mick's brainwashing!
Yeah it was a over a year ago like it was in the county

Sent from Jekubs cave in the quarry
It's the roll I way

January 05, 2013, 09:07:24 PM
Reply #228

ally2

Hides from the ball? He's recognised as an excellent passer of the ball yet you label him as being one who hides from the ball.

If he could actually get about the pitch with more mobility than a battleship he'd be an incredible player.

Just saying when I've seen him he doesn't offer himself  for the ball, just walks into a position where he can't receive the ball. And we all know he is comically slow. Actually embarrassing for someone of his age and being a professional sportsman that he is that slow.  Either way he's not the way forward.

January 05, 2013, 09:15:42 PM
Reply #229

Outworlder47

Terry Antonis?

Sent from Überwald via the clacks

Could be, I suppose, with all the chatterings over the years about him. He was due to be or of contract this summer, but just signed a2 year extension before Christmas.  Only 18, and apparently is of Greek descent so a work permit might not be necessary. Hasn't really featured much at all this season, though.

The one player from the A-League right now that stands out to me is New Zealand winger Marco Rojas. 10 goals and 5 assists in 14 games for Melbourne Victory. Plays primarily on the left, though, so not a "need" position at this point. He's got 13 full caps.

January 05, 2013, 09:16:18 PM
Reply #230

Azz

« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 09:17:18 PM by Azz »

January 05, 2013, 09:16:19 PM
Reply #231

dunkster

That's like paying 1 player 2 lots of wages though.
Alternate their wages as well.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

January 05, 2013, 10:31:57 PM
Reply #232

Haile GAZrselassie

Just saying when I've seen him he doesn't offer himself  for the ball, just walks into a position where he can't receive the ball. And we all know he is comically slow. Actually embarrassing for someone of his age and being a professional sportsman that he is that slow.  Either way he's not the way forward.

Hiding from the ball is the last thing he does. Maybe his pace hinders him in keeping up with any swift counter attacks but when you need a player to help you close a game out through possession football he's an excellent choice.

We could have done with a player like that on a number of occassions this year, none moreso than against Newcastle other night when our inability to keep the ball for the last 5 minutes was embarassing.

When Felli goes, for a replacement for him for next to nothing Huddlestone would not be the worst choice Moyes could make if he then wanted to spunk the rest of it on a proper top class striker.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

January 05, 2013, 11:54:27 PM
Reply #233

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Hiding from the ball is the last thing he does. Maybe his pace hinders him in keeping up with any swift counter attacks but when you need a player to help you close a game out through possession football he's an excellent choice.

We could have done with a player like that on a number of occassions this year, none moreso than against Newcastle other night when our inability to keep the ball for the last 5 minutes was embarassing.

When Felli goes, for a replacement for him for next to nothing Huddlestone would not be the worst choice Moyes could make if he then wanted to spunk the rest of it on a proper top class striker.

I'd like to see some stats on him. tackles etc.

I know he can pass a ball, but I also get a but of a Jack Roswell vibe from him. I think with a bit of fire up his arse he could be a top, top player. but whenever I' 've seen him he's looked talented, but lacking a bit of stomach.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 06, 2013, 12:07:37 AM
Reply #234

Thornton_19

I'd like to see some stats on him. tackles etc.

I know he can pass a ball, but I also get a but of a l Jack Roswell vibe from him. I think with a bit of fire up his arse he could be a top, top player. but whenever I' 've seen him he's looked talented, but lacking a bit of stomach.

Didn't know he Alienated his team mates!

January 06, 2013, 12:13:55 AM
Reply #235

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Didn't know he Alienated his team mates!

he doesn't get in the area (51) that often either
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 06, 2013, 01:04:23 AM
Reply #236

Fynci

This is gold! Either that, or this Sunderland fan knows something we don't.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 01:05:01 AM by Fynci »

January 06, 2013, 01:15:04 AM
Reply #237

Fynci

Manchester City defender Joleon Lescott has insisted he has no intention of leaving the Premier League champions during the January transfer window.

Lescott has fallen out of favour at City this season, although he did play the full 90 minutes of the 3-0 FA Cup third round victory over Watford at the Etihad Stadium.

QPR, Aston Villa and Lescott's former club Everton have all been linked with a move for the 30-year-old England international.

However, the player's spokesman has released a statement making it clear his client wants to remain with City.

"Joleon Lescott has ruled out the possibility of any loan move during the January transfer window," said the statement.

"Despite speculation linking him with several Premier League clubs, Joleon has no desire to leave Manchester City."

January 06, 2013, 01:23:19 AM
Reply #238

Haile GAZrselassie

There ya go then.

Basically addmitting he'd rather get splinters in his arse for 120k a week than actually play regular football.

Fuck him, prick.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

January 06, 2013, 01:34:30 AM
Reply #239

Fellainis Hairdresser

Transfer speculation is the shittest thing ever
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!