October 24, 2019, 11:05:35 AM

Author Topic: The ITK Thread: January Edition (Back With a Vengeance!)  (Read 332049 times)

January 06, 2013, 06:44:05 AM
Reply #255

Heisenberg

Really cant see him wanting to take the massive pay cut, nor can i see moyes allowing him to be paid alot more than our other players.
After that arsenal performance he gave it shown that he doesnt give a fuck about us and would probably leave once QPR came and offered him 120k a week. Would rather take a gamble on a younger foreign defender than butternut squash headed 30 year old alien
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 06:45:40 AM by Heisenberg »

January 06, 2013, 09:32:41 AM
Reply #256

.Rimbo.

Honestly, no, l wouldnt beg to leave.

But all the money in the world cant satisfy you if your not doing what it is that every footballer is supposed to want and that's play 90 minutes of football once a week.

A lot of players actively seek a move away somewhere when they're no longer in the managers plans. One's with ambitions other than to get stinking rich do anyway.

Joleon it seems is happy just to take the poke regardless.

l genuinely dont think he will move on either.

I knew it wouldn't take long for Evertonians to turn their back on him and for him to be a prick again. Let's be honest, this debate does come up quite a lot these days; the whole "What's the difference between 50k and 90k a week in terms of quality of life?" vs. "Footballers don't have a long career to earn as much as possible" argument.

I hated Joleon when he left and he set us back a few years. There are Evertonians today who still believe that his move ripped the fabric out of our team, highlighted us as a selling club and that we've never recovered from his departure. Our defensive record would speak for itself in that regard. Consecutive clean sheets were seen as standard for an 18-month period with the partnership of himself and Jagielka, now we'd be lucky to keep one never mind string multiple together! I will always begrudge him for his decision 3 years ago but would welcome him back given the current climate.

However, can you really argue with his move? You could argue Kolo Toure's drug ban resurrected his fledgling City career but he's still in contention for an England call-up whenever the squad's picked, he's earning much more at City and he has Premier League title and FA Cup medal to his name. He's playing less at the moment with the arrival of Nastasic but is still needed as cover. If City get cover in, I still think he could be moved on.

John Merro and Fourth Official, both of whom Verms featured as ITKs last time around, still believe the deal to be on the table and not dead in the water.

jd ‏@jdbluenose
“@FourthOfficial_: @jdbluenose nah it wasn’t, believe what you want however”. I believe u, is ofoe still have a chance of coming to efc?

4h Fourth Official ‏@FourthOfficial_
@jdbluenose spurs also said Pienaar wouldn't be going anywhere, its generally what managers and players do, Ofeo big chance still!

4h Craig Rimmer ‏@Rimbo90
@FourthOfficial_ @jdbluenose Do your sources indicate Lescott still on the table, Fourthy?

2h Fourth Official ‏@FourthOfficial_
@Rimbo90 @jdbluenose yeah!

John Merro ‏@johnmerro1
@jm76efc Lead to believe Lescott is in the bag, it's just a matter of time this month.City need to replace him first. Been told he can go.

3h Craig Rimmer ‏@Rimbo90
@johnmerro1 @jm76efc That doesn't seem to be the case now...

3h John Merro ‏@johnmerro1
@Rimbo90 @jm76efc Ignore press release saying he is not going out on loan made on January 5th. Wait and see where he is Feb 1st.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 09:34:01 AM by .Rimbo. »

January 06, 2013, 03:17:28 PM
Reply #257

Bally

Administrator
The wonderful world of Twitter is at it again

"@UK_TransferNews: Vegard Forren will officially sign for Everton this week as the player has agreed personal terms with the club. #EFC"

Sent from Jekubs cave in the quarry
It's the roll I way

January 06, 2013, 03:21:15 PM
Reply #258

Haile GAZrselassie

I knew it wouldn't take long for Evertonians to turn their back on him and for him to be a prick again. Let's be honest, this debate does come up quite a lot these days; the whole "What's the difference between 50k and 90k a week in terms of quality of life?" vs. "Footballers don't have a long career to earn as much as possible" argument.

I hated Joleon when he left and he set us back a few years. There are Evertonians today who still believe that his move ripped the fabric out of our team, highlighted us as a selling club and that we've never recovered from his departure. Our defensive record would speak for itself in that regard. Consecutive clean sheets were seen as standard for an 18-month period with the partnership of himself and Jagielka, now we'd be lucky to keep one never mind string multiple together! I will always begrudge him for his decision 3 years ago but would welcome him back given the current climate.

However, can you really argue with his move? You could argue Kolo Toure's drug ban resurrected his fledgling City career but he's still in contention for an England call-up whenever the squad's picked, he's earning much more at City and he has Premier League title and FA Cup medal to his name. He's playing less at the moment with the arrival of Nastasic but is still needed as cover. If City get cover in, I still think he could be moved on.

John Merro and Fourth Official, both of whom Verms featured as ITKs last time around, still believe the deal to be on the table and not dead in the water.

Do l blame him for wanting to move when City came calling? No far from it. As far as he's concerned it's mission accomplished and he can feel vindicated for making the move if not how he went about to engineer it.

Do l think he's a money grabbing shithouse who will dig his heels in NOT to move if it means him taking a pay cut of around 40k a week, yes!
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

January 06, 2013, 04:29:12 PM
Reply #259

Fynci

http://efcfeelinblue.com/everton-in-for-spurs-duo/

"Everton Manager David Moyes is being linked with a move for Spurs duo Tom Huddlestone and Jake Livermore."

January 06, 2013, 04:32:55 PM
Reply #260

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Livermore shows promise, can't see spurs wanting rid

Sent from Lancre, in Nanny Ogg's singing, "The hedgehog can't be buggered at all."

January 06, 2013, 04:39:54 PM
Reply #261

BrotherEstapol

Update for what I put up before, the little cunt Rick rolled me, what a fucking bellend, he will receive shit in the post , the cunt. Ha ha ha

What a cunt, I'll go egg his house for you if you like! :P

The one player from the A-League right now that stands out to me is New Zealand winger Marco Rojas. 10 goals and 5 assists in 14 games for Melbourne Victory. Plays primarily on the left, though, so not a "need" position at this point. He's got 13 full caps.
Telling, me! This kid a gun!

Would not be be surprised if he went to Europe soon on his form.
I'd be stoked if we got him here!

January 06, 2013, 05:38:59 PM
Reply #262

Amata

Fourth Official‏@FourthOfficial_

@hoopmob Yeah hes close to signing a new contract, think he will have been given assurances and advance from next seasons TV deal!

Obviously talking about Moyes
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

January 06, 2013, 05:46:11 PM
Reply #263

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah unless he wants time out the game no doubt Moyes is signing

Sent from Lancre, in Nanny Ogg's singing, "The hedgehog can't be buggered at all."

January 06, 2013, 05:50:39 PM
Reply #264

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
bit embarrassed about our lampard bid.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 06, 2013, 05:59:30 PM
Reply #265

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Lampard could have done a job for us. And it would have stopped the bugger scoring against us too.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

January 06, 2013, 06:01:24 PM
Reply #266

Bally

Administrator
Can anyone point me to the official bid for lampard please I can't see it anywhere .

It's the roll I way

January 06, 2013, 06:08:39 PM
Reply #267

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Can anyone point me to the official bid for lampard please I can't see it anywhere .

well put. should have put - the idea of a lampard bid.

please don't take my awards away.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 06, 2013, 06:13:07 PM
Reply #268

Trowel

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2257924/Everton-4m-bid-Vegard-Forren.html

Everton are believed to have had a £4million bid for Norway defender Vegard Forren accepted by his club Molde.
Fulham reportedly made an offer for the 24-year-old on Thursday and Molde boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirmed Forren was set to leave the club.

But, according to The Sun, Everton have now rivalled Fulham’s bid and are in pole position to wrap up Forren’s signature this week.

Taken with a cellar of salt.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

January 06, 2013, 06:15:42 PM
Reply #269

Trowel

Soccer Sauce @soccer_sauce
Everton have reportedly made official enquiry with #WBA about availability of Peter Odemwingie #EFC

But, from a far more credible source:

Everton try to convince Pedro Leon to accept Premier League move. #EFC #RMCF #GET

Everton must persuade Pedro Leon to accept a move to the Premier League if they are to complete the transfer of the former Spain under-21 international. Though Real Madrid are understood to have agreed a fee of around £6million for the right winger, Leon is reluctant to end a loan spell at the Spanish capital's third club, Getafe.

http://sulia.com/duncancastles/
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news