October 17, 2019, 10:07:59 PM

Author Topic: The ITK Thread: January Edition (Back With a Vengeance!)  (Read 331586 times)

January 07, 2013, 11:50:09 PM
Reply #360

marky v

Brave shout by TBU?

Sent from Überwald via the clacks

maybe they smell a defeat, thats the only time i've seen them tweet

January 07, 2013, 11:58:17 PM
Reply #361

marky v

Not happy with this unless Lescott also joins us. Then this is a good deal.

Moyes doesn't rate him this season and even the fans have lost faith in him added to his high wage it's understandable,

Coleman is near fit so we have our RB and Jags/Distin first choice CB's, plus moyes gets to freshen the squad up

January 08, 2013, 12:02:02 AM
Reply #362

Maestro Haze

Lescott won't go out on loan, his agent has said he's happy to fight for his place at Man City.
Anyway if we do get Forren what's the point in getting another CB, Lescott's wages would be an issue as well.

January 08, 2013, 12:04:16 AM
Reply #363

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If Heitinga being sold pays for a replacement and another player (either on loan or perm) then it's a good deal (obviously if the replacement is better than him).

January 08, 2013, 12:05:12 AM
Reply #364

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
If Heitinga being sold pays for a replacement and another player (either on loan or perm) then it's a good deal (obviously if the replacement is better than him).

The better than him is the issue but i have faith in moyes

Sent via carrier pigeon
Simply simply lovely

January 08, 2013, 12:11:27 AM
Reply #365

Outworlder47

Lescott won't agree to come unless he's guaranteed first-choice. That won't happen unless Distin moves on--Harry's been sniffing, apparently. I don't think replacing 2/3 of your CBs in one January window is a great idea. Keep the Jagielka/Distin partnership, and Forren is supposedly good enough to fill in if needed. Would much rather spend the money on another new player, rather than contributing to the wages of one we likely can't sign long term anyway.

January 08, 2013, 12:11:35 AM
Reply #366

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The better than him is the issue but i have faith in moyes

Sent via carrier pigeon

Yeah there's always a risk when you're selling someone with Heitinga's experience and quality (when he's playing well!) but as you say Moyes is good at this.

Also if we're not offering Heitinga a new deal (or he wouldn't sign one) he'd have to be moved on in the summer anyway.

When you've not got any money sometimes you have to move things as they come up.

January 08, 2013, 12:19:25 AM
Reply #367

marky v

Lescott won't agree to come unless he's guaranteed first-choice. That won't happen unless Distin moves on--Harry's been sniffing, apparently. I don't think replacing 2/3 of your CBs in one January window is a great idea. Keep the Jagielka/Distin partnership, and Forren is supposedly good enough to fill in if needed. Would much rather spend the money on another new player, rather than contributing to the wages of one we likely can't sign long term anyway.

I don't think we'd make any effort to get Lescott unless we intend on making him first choice, even if Man City covered a percentage of his wage that would be an expensive loan deal for us

January 08, 2013, 12:21:49 AM
Reply #368

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah there's always a risk when you're selling someone with Heitinga's experience and quality (when he's playing well!) but as you say Moyes is good at this.

Also if we're not offering Heitinga a new deal (or he wouldn't sign one) he'd have to be moved on in the summer anyway.

When you've not got any money sometimes you have to move things as they come up.

I agree no contract offer forthcoming so its for the best. Lets hope whoever signs is as good or better than a fully functioning heitinga

Sent via carrier pigeon
Simply simply lovely

January 08, 2013, 12:22:19 AM
Reply #369

marky v

Lescott won't go out on loan, his agent has said he's happy to fight for his place at Man City.
Anyway if we do get Forren what's the point in getting another CB, Lescott's wages would be an issue as well.

Lescotts agent is playing the game to make sure his player gets exactly what he wants, Lescott would jump at a loan to a good club in the top 6 for reasons such as wanting to play, in the shop window for a permanent transfer and England caps

January 08, 2013, 01:16:16 AM
Reply #370

buededw1

sorry if this has been asked, but has anyone ever seen Forren play???? lot of people seem happy he may sign, i just wondered how good he was.

January 08, 2013, 01:45:30 AM
Reply #371

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Conn just tweeted he has been told forren deal is done :) but he has also been told forren is as slow as death :-[

Sent via carrier pigeon
Simply simply lovely

January 08, 2013, 01:56:38 AM
Reply #372

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Conn just tweeted he has been told forren deal is done :) but he has also been told forren is as slow as death :-[

Sent via carrier pigeon

Heitinga is no Speedy Gonzales...
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 08, 2013, 02:01:04 AM
Reply #373

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Heitinga is no Speedy Gonzales...

True. One of the reasons we were getting rid i assumed

Sent via carrier pigeon
Simply simply lovely

January 08, 2013, 02:56:37 AM
Reply #374

wepull

If Heitinga goes he will be our 3rd choice CB and might end up playing a lot of games in case of a single injury. Are we sure that he will be as good as or better than Heitinga and will make immediate impact. I am not sure we can afford the risk of him not being up to the pace and that is why I would like someone like Lescott to be there in also bearing in mind that Distin is getting older and we might be needing one more CB in the near future.