October 16, 2019, 12:29:14 PM

Author Topic: The ITK Thread: January Edition (Back With a Vengeance!)  (Read 331426 times)

January 09, 2013, 06:46:20 AM
Reply #450

Azz

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/619437973?-11192:825

Italian right winger,the Daily Mirror,probably a load of shite.

Sky Italia reported it earlier on today.  They say Genoa and Inter are also interested. But us and Fulham have spoken to his agent.

January 09, 2013, 06:54:40 AM
Reply #451

The Analog Kid

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/619437973?-11192:825

Italian right winger,the Daily Mirror,probably a load of shite.

For a minute there when I read "Italian Right Winger" I thought we had made a bid for a politician.

Silly me.

January 09, 2013, 07:03:12 AM
Reply #452

Thornton_19

January 09, 2013, 09:29:37 AM
Reply #453

buededw1

In the last decade he is the only player to win the FWA footballer of the year, while playing for a club that didn't finish in the top 4, let alone getting it while playing for a club that got relegated. He was also selected by fellow professionals in the PFA team of the year last season.

I think in some ways the accolades have probably made some think he's an over rated donkey, as he rarely tries too much flash stuff. Football is more than being able to spray 60 yard balls or skin 3 people and he works smart, as well as hard. It's one thing to say to someone to do the simple things well, but very few players manage to do anywhere near the level he does consistently.

No one has said he is world class, but in terms of English defensive midfielders, it's hard to name many better. Having said all that, I wouldn't be that excited about getting him as he is on a decreasing curve with age, plus his wages. But the idea that is 'limited' or just average with a good work ethic are not accurate.

this!!!

January 09, 2013, 12:32:28 PM
Reply #454

Trowel

I dreamt we signed Danny Graham. Does that make me ITK? Perhaps more TDC (Technicolour Dream Coat)...
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

January 09, 2013, 01:38:52 PM
Reply #455

goodtouchforabigman

Are you still talking about Scott Parker?? I think he is a totally different player to Steven, nowhere near the skill and flair, it's a bit like comparing Messi to Lee Carsley, and I loved Carsley by the way. If anything I would liken Parker to a poor mans Peter Reid without the aggression. Or a not very rich man's Lee Carsley.

He got noticed and was the absoloute business for a year or so. Absoloute shit hot till all the hype seemed to ruin him. He's back from injury.  now. We have to wait and see, I think? really. A Trevor Steven if I ever saw one.

January 09, 2013, 02:02:53 PM
Reply #456

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Sky Italia reported it earlier on today.  They say Genoa and Inter are also interested. But us and Fulham have spoken to his agent.

Fulham are becoming the new Newcastle

Sent via carrier pigeon
Simply simply lovely

January 09, 2013, 02:21:38 PM
Reply #457

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Carrick is twice the player

possibly the most over rated player in the league. The suggestion in the summer (not from yourself) that England would have won the Euros with him in the squad is laughable

Pirlo is 100 times the player Carrick is, which would make your opinion on Parker very low indeed if you agree!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 09, 2013, 02:42:59 PM
Reply #458

MmmblueBernard

I dreamt we signed Danny Graham. Does that make me ITK? Perhaps more TDC (Technicolour Dream Coat)...

The big question is did you've wake up with you pjs or sheets stuck to your groin?

Sent from Überwald via the clacks
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 09, 2013, 03:31:42 PM
Reply #459

ForzaItalia

Carrick is twice the player

Words fail me. That's a shit shout, even by your low standards.
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

January 09, 2013, 04:18:34 PM
Reply #460

Trowel

The big question is did you've wake up with you pjs or sheets stuck to your groin?

My Phil Neville duvet :love:
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

January 09, 2013, 05:14:53 PM
Reply #461

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

He got noticed and was the absoloute business for a year or so. Absoloute shit hot till all the hype seemed to ruin him. He's back from injury.  now. We have to wait and see, I think? really. A Trevor Steven if I ever saw one.

Except Steven was class for years.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

January 09, 2013, 05:29:25 PM
Reply #462

MmmblueBernard

Except Steven was class for years.

Parker has been class wherever he's played. He was unfortunate at Chelsea to be vying with makelele, lampard, thiago and essien for a place.

January 09, 2013, 05:35:41 PM
Reply #463

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Parker has been class wherever he's played. He was unfortunate at Chelsea to be vying with makelele, lampard, thiago and essien for a place.

That wasn't unfortunate, that was a bad error of judgement.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

January 09, 2013, 05:42:29 PM
Reply #464

MmmblueBernard

That wasn't unfortunate, that was a bad error of judgement.
Maybe but if someone offered you more money to work for the best company in your field would you turn it down (no pun intended as I know your currently a work shy shirker :) )