September 24, 2018, 07:15:50 AM

Author Topic: The ITK Thread: January Edition (Back With a Vengeance!)  (Read 288724 times)

January 09, 2013, 07:13:42 PM
Reply #30

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
i asked some spurs fan what they thought about buying baines and fellini, and the parker debate. i actually got no abuse and they had some good answers.

"Interesting thought of a Baines/Bale wing. I don't know if it would be as good as it seems prima facie. Baines excels becausee 1. He is great technically and good athletically and 2. Pienaar meshes very well with his play. Baines is the more direct player who bursts past Pienaar while Pienaar is more indirect. He cuts inside or holds the ball up for Baines to rub past. Bale and Baines may actually get in eachothers way as they both are direct players. I think Baines would have to change his game if he comes here to BAE's style which is to receive and then either find Bale quickly on the ground or wait and loop a ball into him. You do not see much of BAE running past Bales until we have held it around the box for awhile and require BAE's overlap to get to the byline. I don't think Bale should change his game nor should he as he is one of the only players in the world with the talent to pull it off.

Parker is good, would be an upgrade on Gibson but not on Fellaini or Osman although he doesn't fall in their player types either. I think with Parker you get a good D-mid who will work extremely hard, stay positionally disciplined, and be a leader of men. He offers a little more than the typical DM though as he is decent with the ball at his feet. He is capable of a decisive pass on occasion and will keep it simple in midfield, not losing the ball. He can be the metronome in midfield if you need him to direct the attack but he is rather less effective at this role and should try and find someone who is better suited to that responsibility. Has an alright long shot even if we haven't seen it at Spurs yet. Hope he stays and pretty confident he will. None of these rumors seem serious."

"Parker stay! Baines yes! Fellaini no! Dembele and Sandro!"

"Id hate to see Scotty go but hes not going to get back into the first team any time soon so I wouldnt begrudge him a swangsong - im sure youd love the cover he gives your back 4 - you may even keep a clean sheet.

Would love Baines - BAE is a good player, Baines wouldnt be a massive improvement at left back but our set peice play is still pretty week so hed bring that extra dimension that I think would make him worth the 15m we'd have to stump up.

Fellanis a cracking player - would be great cover for Dembele/ Sandro and would get into the first team in his own right at the moment just behind Defoe - his bossing of the spot just behind the striker has been amazing to watch this season. The one problem is that we had our fingers burnt with Pienaar a little - great for you under Moyes and in your system but average for us - so I doubt Levy would stump up the cash"

thats a few of the replys.

lot of the lads seemed to really rate baines however thought fellini wouldn't get into there team.

No way is Prker an upgrade on Gibson

January 09, 2013, 07:39:29 PM
Reply #31

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Words fail me. That's a shit shout, even by your low standards.

You may not agree but to say its a shit shout is a bit grim

There's a reason why Carrick has spent most of his carerr at Man United winning trophies, and Parker spent most of his either on the bench or in a relegation battle.

In any other country Carrick would be the one holding the midfield, not Parker

January 09, 2013, 08:09:03 PM
Reply #32

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Not really. Twice the player Parker is? When did Carrick win his FWA award? Or any personal accolades for that matter? Carrick is vastly overrated by people who marvel at the fact he can pass the ball sideways and backwards regularly for a team that dominates possesion every week.

Only in Englan could a player like Scott Parker win the FWA award. Yet Carrick is the over-rated one  lolol

Whats wrong with passing sideways or backwards? Its better than giving the ball away which is something I see Parker do on a regular basis. Carrick does much more than pass sideways or backwards anyway so that point is invalid

January 09, 2013, 08:19:46 PM
Reply #33

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Invalid because you say so? Yawn - isn't that the standard response?

There have been some real donkey's picking up the FWA is recent years, and let's be fair, it's not like the PL had many decent players playing in it for the FWA to pick from.

Invalid because the stats prove he does a lot more.

You're right on the second part, which is why Parker winning it dosent really mean anything

January 09, 2013, 08:57:23 PM
Reply #34

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

January 09, 2013, 08:59:01 PM
Reply #35

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

January 09, 2013, 09:05:10 PM
Reply #36

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

January 09, 2013, 09:11:59 PM
Reply #37

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

January 10, 2013, 07:53:04 PM
Reply #38

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

January 10, 2013, 09:13:21 PM
Reply #39

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

January 10, 2013, 09:28:29 PM
Reply #40

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

January 10, 2013, 10:13:31 PM
Reply #41

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Why all of a sudden? We really wanted him a few months ago.

it was a panic signing

January 11, 2013, 01:50:59 AM
Reply #42

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

January 11, 2013, 03:02:16 AM
Reply #43

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
you've been warned about shite like this by another moderator

any more of this type of post, or your "yawn" nonsense and you'll be banned

ohhh fuck off

Making out am the only one who does it, get over it

January 11, 2013, 03:10:11 AM
Reply #44

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Suddenly things might get a little more interesting on here tonight...

the thread was going off topic, plus i thought people would get my attempt at a poor joke due to the fuss that got caused the other day