November 19, 2018, 07:31:03 AM

Author Topic: The ITK Thread: January Edition (Back With a Vengeance!)  (Read 298506 times)

January 01, 2013, 03:04:25 PM
Read 298506 times

marky v

Seeing.as Mancini has said there will be no outgoings due to injuries I think we can rule out t

Gamesmanship so he can have funds to spend, he wants to buy you can tell at every press conference he does, he's now complaining about his squad size (the biggest in the league), he just wants assurances if he lets anyone go he can buy a replacement.

January 03, 2013, 01:52:49 PM
Reply #1

marky v

January 04, 2013, 03:42:31 PM
Reply #2

marky v

I think Distin is a fantastic defender but if it's true theres offers of 1.5m on the table from Sunderland/QPR then to have a replacement in Forren for approx 3m then its a great deal, we need to keep rotating the age down with senior players also i could imagine a vast reduction in wage (possibly quality too) i know most (all) would prefer Heitinga out the door first

January 07, 2013, 05:03:07 PM
Reply #3

marky v

don't see the reason heitinga withdrawn to save him being cup tied

January 07, 2013, 11:50:09 PM
Reply #4

marky v

Brave shout by TBU?

Sent from Überwald via the clacks

maybe they smell a defeat, thats the only time i've seen them tweet

January 07, 2013, 11:58:17 PM
Reply #5

marky v

Not happy with this unless Lescott also joins us. Then this is a good deal.

Moyes doesn't rate him this season and even the fans have lost faith in him added to his high wage it's understandable,

Coleman is near fit so we have our RB and Jags/Distin first choice CB's, plus moyes gets to freshen the squad up

January 08, 2013, 12:19:25 AM
Reply #6

marky v

Lescott won't agree to come unless he's guaranteed first-choice. That won't happen unless Distin moves on--Harry's been sniffing, apparently. I don't think replacing 2/3 of your CBs in one January window is a great idea. Keep the Jagielka/Distin partnership, and Forren is supposedly good enough to fill in if needed. Would much rather spend the money on another new player, rather than contributing to the wages of one we likely can't sign long term anyway.

I don't think we'd make any effort to get Lescott unless we intend on making him first choice, even if Man City covered a percentage of his wage that would be an expensive loan deal for us

January 08, 2013, 12:22:19 AM
Reply #7

marky v

Lescott won't go out on loan, his agent has said he's happy to fight for his place at Man City.
Anyway if we do get Forren what's the point in getting another CB, Lescott's wages would be an issue as well.

Lescotts agent is playing the game to make sure his player gets exactly what he wants, Lescott would jump at a loan to a good club in the top 6 for reasons such as wanting to play, in the shop window for a permanent transfer and England caps

January 10, 2013, 10:31:34 PM
Reply #8

marky v

I can't understand why the Ofoe deal hasn't happened yet?

We are waiting for deadline day again, the Chief Exec has the tranfer window confused with ebay

January 14, 2013, 04:36:31 AM
Reply #9

marky v

Really thought we'd get someone in early,  not a superstar or anything, but someone. Sure we'll get reinforcements before deadline,  but I'd have thought (given our positionin the league ), that we'd be proactive for once.

I thought the same, even though we're skint I expected a loan in early to help through the tough period someone like Cahill, I still believe a loan will come in I just expected it earlier

January 14, 2013, 10:21:31 PM
Reply #10

marky v

TBH Les I think they should scrap it all together.

agreed apparently it was to help the smaller clubs, i don't see how it changed anything other than knowing you have a player till at least a certain day?

January 23, 2013, 05:06:17 AM
Reply #11

marky v

he must be thinking of that lad now at QPR Mbia!

January 28, 2013, 08:57:50 PM
Reply #12

marky v

I expect it was kept quiet as mvilla was first choice just glad we've been making contingency plans, if everything works out well done Everton and a good sign to our ambitions

January 31, 2013, 09:19:13 PM
Reply #13

marky v

Unless that Stones lad turns up I'm not expecting anything from us