September 23, 2019, 05:57:50 PM

Author Topic: The ITK Thread: January Edition (Back With a Vengeance!)  (Read 330031 times)

January 05, 2013, 12:18:41 AM
Reply #180

MexicanToffee

Don't know what makes you think Distin is thinking of retiring. He has been in great form and physically looks like he has easily a few more years left in him.
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”

January 05, 2013, 12:20:05 AM
Reply #181

cantoffee

Distin will definitely play another season barring injury and I think it will be with us unless we cannot afford his wages.

January 05, 2013, 12:34:03 AM
Reply #182

CarlosAlberto

I have come to accept Everton not having a pot to piss in, but when I see teams that are around our level, such as Spurs, strengthening their squads, it really makes my blood boil thinking of our useless money grabbing cunts of a board.

We are *this close* to cracking the top 4 and even that won't shake the fuckers up.

January 05, 2013, 01:01:21 AM
Reply #183

Azz

I have come to accept Everton not having a pot to piss in, but when I see teams that are around our level, such as Spurs, strengthening their squads, it really makes my blood boil thinking of our useless money grabbing cunts of a board.

We are *this close* to cracking the top 4 and even that won't shake the fuckers up.

It's going to properly fuck me off this season I think.  Previous seasons we've talked about how other teams around us have spent cash and improved got into Europe etc... but last and this seasons it's literally us needing a few £m and getting ahead of these teams.

January 05, 2013, 01:04:58 AM
Reply #184

Fynci

It's still early days, and there's only been a couple of 'big' deals so far. I do think we will strengthen, whether that is by loaning or buying players I'm not sure.

January 05, 2013, 01:36:18 AM
Reply #185

christiffa25

That gap that moyes spoke about start of last season that had opened up between us and spurs an the teams below catching us is real danger of happening again threw the next 12 months if we don't add again.

We caught back up and strengthened last jan an in the summer but if we don't go again we will fall behind again... Aswell as loose our manager in the process.

Bill comments in the accounts about how we put trust in him....I don't!!
He may be responsible for getting us moyes but he will also be responsible for us loosing him!!

January 05, 2013, 01:51:41 AM
Reply #186

steve81

That gap that moyes spoke about start of last season that had opened up between us and spurs an the teams below catching us is real danger of happening again threw the next 12 months if we don't add again.

We caught back up and strengthened last jan an in the summer but if we don't go again we will fall behind again... Aswell as loose our manager in the process.

Bill comments in the accounts about how we put trust in him....I don't!!
He may be responsible for getting us moyes but he will also be responsible for us loosing him!!
here here

January 05, 2013, 02:04:39 AM
Reply #187

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
If getting Lescott back shores our unusually leaky defense I'm all for it.
Even if we just got him and Vadis it could make a real difference for the second half of the season.
(Zoolander)

January 05, 2013, 02:05:46 AM
Reply #188

Maestro Haze

It's still early days, and there's only been a couple of 'big' deals so far. I do think we will strengthen, whether that is by loaning or buying players I'm not sure.

Agree, but I would of thought we would of got this Odjidja-Ofoe deal sorted, we need the extra numbers.
Hopefully by the time the Swansea game comes around we'll have something.

January 05, 2013, 02:09:52 AM
Reply #189

steve81

Agree, but I would of thought we would of got this Odjidja-Ofoe deal sorted, we need the extra numbers.
Hopefully by the time the Swansea game comes around we'll have something.
yeah surely we could have a similar arrangement to that in the summer where we agreed terms so it shoudl be sorted quick if we are interested

January 05, 2013, 02:23:06 AM
Reply #190

Bacarelle

Don't know what makes you think Distin is thinking of retiring. He has been in great form and physically looks like he has easily a few more years left in him.

Distin cannot be allowed to retire.
In my opinion he has been the star performer in the Everton defence and is unequalled in terms of pace and effort let alone his height and physique.
Even though I like Jagielka, Distin and Baines are our best defenders by far !
The elephant is a pretty bird
It flits from bough to bough
It makes its nest in a rhubarb tree
And whistles like a cow

January 05, 2013, 03:07:29 AM
Reply #191

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Distin is in better condition than anyone else in our squad. He will be playing past 40
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 05, 2013, 03:10:03 AM
Reply #192

Maestro Haze

yeah surely we could have a similar arrangement to that in the summer where we agreed terms so it shoudl be sorted quick if we are interested

It's just annoying more than anything else. I'm not expecting anything special this window, but with the all the messing around we did at the last minute in the summer to get this guy I would of thought it would of been sorted out by now.
There are a load of rumors that it will be sorted out in the next few days, but it probably won't be sorted out until the end of the month.
This is Everton after all.

January 05, 2013, 03:14:39 AM
Reply #193

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I seem to remember Brugges saying that a completely new deal would have to be struck with us to bring him here
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 05, 2013, 04:29:26 AM
Reply #194

taffytoffee

#EFC supporters may wish to read up on Wissam Ben Yedder. That's from 'ze horzes mouth', well Meïssa N'diaye anyway

Some BPL agent on twitter coming out with this