October 15, 2019, 04:39:56 PM

Author Topic: The ITK Thread: January Edition (Back With a Vengeance!)  (Read 331375 times)

January 30, 2013, 04:25:37 PM
Reply #45

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't we offer 3.6m up front for M'Vila? So there must be a fairly healthy initial payment?

Just watching Sky, it's not as if we're trying to reduce the price. We're still willing to pay the full fee, we just want to pay it differently which I think is perfectly acceptable if there are some issues with his knees.

I think they are concerned we will Steve Simonsen them!let him play 49 games and then sell him so they miss out on the extra 5mil!

also they are trying to sign players with this money, will make a bit of a difference if the initial payment is a million or 2 lighter who they can sign
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 30, 2013, 04:32:18 PM
Reply #46

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah they have targets ready to sign, if we reduce our offer it sounds like they can't sign them. 

I dont think either of us are willing to budge so I think if its not done before tonights game then we will move on to someone else.

Hope it doesnt affect the crowd if we dont sign him tonight. The crowd had a massive lift when we signed Jelavic before the City game last year
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 30, 2013, 04:49:27 PM
Reply #47

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
If they're desperate to sign a couple of players, then they need to go and re negotiate with those clubs. There's quite possibly a whole chain on transfers waiting to fall in to place.

therel be a whole mob of twente fans saying 'FFS Kenwright!wheres the Fer money bill?'

January 31, 2013, 07:01:31 AM
Reply #48

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
If we sign Negredo I'm gonna be shaking some white coconuts off the love tree

January 31, 2013, 03:53:59 PM
Reply #49

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I saw an interview with Allardyce in the summer where he was asked if a striker was his priority.

He said it was but that they, as with most other clubs, can't afford to turn down quality players in other positions if they become available.

That must apply to us; therefore i'd presume that we have a list of players and that once the quality ones in a certain position are gone then we go to the next best player regardless of position.

does that mean if we cant get Negredo we might get Butland?The countries second best goalkeeper and definitely available!

January 31, 2013, 07:38:52 PM
Reply #50

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Hope we dont put all our eggs in the negredo basket!

be very surprised if we go any higher than 9mil. They arent gonna lower their valuation just for the hell of it!

January 31, 2013, 07:50:16 PM
Reply #51

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
It makes sense for us and Fer not sure what Twente get out of it initially.

Possibly a fairly decent loan fee?

If he plays well for us in the prem there may be more interest and the possibility for them to drive up the price in the summer

January 31, 2013, 07:53:35 PM
Reply #52

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
plus do they want to keep hold of an unhappy player?

he has said he wanted to move to us and that hes gutted hes facing Utrecht with Twente rather than Villa for Everton

not that im expecting this to happen!

January 31, 2013, 07:58:51 PM
Reply #53

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I'd hope a loan to buy option would have a fixed fee. Isn't that what we had with Yobo?

we cant agree on how that fee be paid though!If he gets through 20 games at us, Twente might be in a stronger position

January 31, 2013, 10:03:39 PM
Reply #54

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
What a time for twitter to go down!

what the hell will LCAB and john merro be doing!

January 31, 2013, 10:11:22 PM
Reply #55

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
cant help but think we invested too much time in Negredo. the initial valuations were so far apart that it was pointless persisting. Lets hope back up targets are being spoken to right at this moment!

February 01, 2013, 12:37:21 AM
Reply #56

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Surely we are at least working on something. Fellaini confirmation didnt come til the next day so itl probably go right to the wire. Would be a great boost if we could just get one good midfield or attacking option in

BK needs to sort something, would hate to look back and think we missed out on 4th this season when something could have been done to strengthen us

February 01, 2013, 01:14:46 AM
Reply #57

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Cant be as bad as last year when they tried to sing we sign who we want? I had nightmares after that

imagine if you could sign who you want and you chose Charlie Adam and Michael Owen!

February 01, 2013, 03:59:19 AM
Reply #58

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Still got an hour to re-submit that original Fer bid!

also is Drenthe still without a club?maybe we could get him back tomorrow!

February 01, 2013, 05:10:40 AM
Reply #59

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Doesn't Barkley return from loan tomorrow?

Gibbo and Mirallas just back as well and they've barely played so hopefully they can at least add a bit of freshness.  Trying not to use the 'like a new signing' cliche but it does apply to these two I think if we can keep them fit.  2 players who are in everyone's strongest Everton 11 who have missed big chunks of this season

Really really really hope we go back in for Leroy Fer in the summer