October 21, 2019, 12:25:37 PM

Author Topic: The ITK Thread: January Edition (Back With a Vengeance!)  (Read 331827 times)

January 09, 2013, 09:02:38 PM
Reply #495

evertonjoe

R.A.P Music

January 09, 2013, 09:03:38 PM
Reply #496

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 09, 2013, 09:03:59 PM
Reply #497

Ridge

Yeah I think that's a classic opinion of someone who doesn't see the player in question that often; if only from not understanding what type of player Gibson actually is.

Which was actually one of the first things I said about Parker.  :snigger:

I think discipline is often mistaken for limitations, especially in England. I think it's somewhat in our nature that we are gung ho and the holding defensive midfielder role is a simple job and not that helpful, unless it is combined with long passes or a decent long shot. It took Makelele a long time before he was appreciated, more recently Leiva was long considered shit by all and sundry.

But someone like Parker would be far more highly regarded and thought of, in La Liga or Serie A.

I've seen a fair bit of Bridcutt, he was superb when I watched him against Newcastle recently. He would certainly be worth consideration, I'd guess Brighton would want upwards of £5m.

January 09, 2013, 09:05:10 PM
Reply #498

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 09, 2013, 09:06:07 PM
Reply #499

Azz

January 09, 2013, 09:09:28 PM
Reply #500

Shogun

Administrator

January 09, 2013, 09:10:47 PM
Reply #501

Ridge

I see, everyone else is posting nonsensical cobblers while I'm trying to make a serious point. What has the world come to.  :wag:

January 09, 2013, 09:11:59 PM
Reply #502

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 09, 2013, 09:20:26 PM
Reply #503

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Just reported on Communist News Network (CNN) that Everton have put a bid in for a player well under 32, who plays at a really low level, but they believe could be the next Freddie Adu. Multiple sources quoted.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

January 09, 2013, 10:53:24 PM
Reply #504

Outworlder47

A couple new names:

Virgil Van Dijk, Dutch U-21 centre-half playing for Groningen.. Tall lad at 6'4", Youtube suggests he's got a decent right foot from distance/set pieces. 5 goals and 4 assists in 43 league appearances is a pretty decent return for his position. Other than that, I know nothing about him other than Sky suggests we're interested as a potential Heitinga replacement. Maybe if the Forren deal falls through?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8387543/Everton-said-to-be-keen-on-Groningen-defender-Virgil-van-Dijk

And from Twitter, Dortmund winger Kevin Großkreutz. Can't imagine that there's anything to this, although he's out of contract in 18 months' time and a bit out of form, with only 1 goal so far this season after 8 in each of the past two. Add that to the fact that he plays mostly on the left where we have Pienaar (and Oviedo), and I can't see this being anything significant.

BackPage. ‏@BackPage

Dortmund winger Kevin Grosskreutz is being offered to Premier League clubs such as Everton, Liverpool & Manchester United. #EFC #LFC #MUFC

January 09, 2013, 11:21:25 PM
Reply #505

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Grosskreutz is a great player and I can't imagine he wouldn't go to a higher profile club than us to be honest.

January 10, 2013, 12:31:24 AM
Reply #506

School of Science

Really warming up this itk thread Verm,were all arguing how much our players are worth,before we sell them ;)

Can we rename it " The ITK Thread January Edition ( Back With a Whimper)" :eh:
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 10, 2013, 12:46:34 AM
Reply #507

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Wow this threat has gone completely off tangent.

It has felt like a threat in here at times
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 10, 2013, 04:14:37 AM
Reply #508

Bacarelle

A couple new names:

Virgil Van Dijk, Dutch U-21 centre-half playing for Groningen.. Tall lad at 6'4", Youtube suggests he's got a decent right foot from distance/set pieces. 5 goals and 4 assists in 43 league appearances is a pretty decent return for his position. Other than that, I know nothing about him other than Sky suggests we're interested as a potential Heitinga replacement. Maybe if the Forren deal falls through?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8387543/Everton-said-to-be-keen-on-Groningen-defender-Virgil-van-Dijk

And from Twitter, Dortmund winger Kevin Großkreutz. Can't imagine that there's anything to this, although he's out of contract in 18 months' time and a bit out of form, with only 1 goal so far this season after 8 in each of the past two. Add that to the fact that he plays mostly on the left where we have Pienaar (and Oviedo), and I can't see this being anything significant.

BackPage. ‏@BackPage

Dortmund winger Kevin Grosskreutz is being offered to Premier League clubs such as Everton, Liverpool & Manchester United. #EFC #LFC #MUFC

Thanks for the sensible on-topic posting, even if nothing comes of the rumours !
The elephant is a pretty bird
It flits from bough to bough
It makes its nest in a rhubarb tree
And whistles like a cow

January 10, 2013, 04:26:01 AM
Reply #509

ilikebrunettes

Grosskreutz is a born and bread Dortmund fan.. And very important to them.

Absolute nonsense
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough