September 18, 2019, 02:51:05 AM

Author Topic: The ITK Thread: January Edition (Back With a Vengeance!)  (Read 329303 times)

January 14, 2013, 10:56:25 PM
Reply #750

McCall

According to the norwegian press Vegard Forren is on his way to Merseyside to have a medical and to negotiate his personal contract as Molde has accepted an offer from...wait for it...THE RS  :headbang:

http://www.tv2.no/sport/fotball/liverpoolbud-paa-forren-akseptert-3965190.html
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:57:49 PM by McCall »
Can´t wait for the next game!

January 14, 2013, 11:06:35 PM
Reply #751

steve81

According to the norwegian press Vegard Forren is on his way to Merseyside to have a medical and to negotiate his personal contract as Molde has accepted an offer from...wait for it...THE RS  :headbang:

they like scandinavians do the redshite and have money we dont

January 14, 2013, 11:07:13 PM
Reply #752

Thornton_19

According to the norwegian press Vegard Forren is on his way to Merseyside to have a medical and to negotiate his personal contract as Molde has accepted an offer from...wait for it...THE RS  :headbang:

Doubt it's true. They have enough young CB's there at the moment.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:07:48 PM by Thornton_19 »

January 14, 2013, 11:14:06 PM
Reply #753

Shogun

Administrator
they're look to loan Coates out though.

January 14, 2013, 11:15:36 PM
Reply #754

steve81

i think forwards and central midfield is more pressing for us

January 14, 2013, 11:24:51 PM
Reply #755

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah I agree with this. Also good defenders tend to be easier to find than good attackers, Id sooner wait til the summer and sign a different defender then and us go for an attacking player now as Jela is out of form and Mirallas looks like he will be retiring this season due to his legs falling off
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 14, 2013, 11:40:25 PM
Reply #756

blue slug

You may well be right, MBM.

The way the whole transfer circus seems to revolve around Sky's Jime White, and the last 5 or 6 hours of the last day, why not just condense it to the last day of the first week. That way, it's nice & quick, Jim White gets his usual 15 minutes of fame, and everybody has three extra weeks of knowing exactly where they stand.

Spot on Les. I was watching Sky yesterday and they even had an advert where they refered to Jim White as our own Mr Transfer Window.

IMO a player should you be able to transfer at anytime just like any normal employee does within reason

January 14, 2013, 11:55:58 PM
Reply #757

Les Trebilcock

IMO a player should you be able to transfer at anytime just like any normal employee does within reason

I totally agree, and so does Steve Coppell ;

Steve Coppell, former manager of Reading in England's Premier League, and others have called for the transfer window to be scrapped in favour of the previous system, where deals could be struck throughout the season until the closing weeks. Coppell said that the transfer window breeds panic and encourages "scurrilous" transfer activity.
You can take that to the bank.

January 15, 2013, 12:00:30 AM
Reply #758

Haile GAZrselassie

Have to disagree to a certain extent im afraid.

Saturday was the first time in 16 matches we'd kept a clean sheet. We'd also scored in 18 of our league games till then.

If we can keep more clean sheets we would improve our chances of CL footy by a huge amount imo.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

January 15, 2013, 12:05:35 AM
Reply #759

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Reports that Vegard Forren is signing for #LFC tomorrow are premature. Defender is training with Reds for a few days with view to a move.

After all that ha

Sent via carrier pigeon
Simply simply lovely

January 15, 2013, 12:09:18 AM
Reply #760

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Have to disagree to a certain extent im afraid.

Saturday was the first time in 16 matches we'd kept a clean sheet. We'd also scored in 18 of our league games till then.

If we can keep more clean sheets we would improve our chances of CL footy by a huge amount imo.

It's hard to say though whether clean sheets are due to defenders or the system in front of them. If we played two holding players we'd keep more clean sheets but score less.

Although, yes there have been individual errors/poor performances.

Equally in terms of goals scored, we've missed loads of chances. Another forward type player might convert a few more meaning that if we do concede it's less relevant as we're already 2,3 nil up.

Basically we could do with reinforcements in any area of the pitch!

January 15, 2013, 12:35:13 AM
Reply #761

Heisenberg

The one player who we have properly been linked with now going to them, couldn't make it up.
Its boring being an everton fan

January 15, 2013, 12:42:16 AM
Reply #762

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

I totally agree, and so does Steve Coppell ;

Steve Coppell, former manager of Reading in England's Premier League, and others have called for the transfer window to be scrapped in favour of the previous system, where deals could be struck throughout the season until the closing weeks. Coppell said that the transfer window breeds panic and encourages "scurrilous" transfer activity.

I agree. In fact I would say that the current system is technically illegal because players cannot move to new employment as they see fit.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

January 15, 2013, 12:43:19 AM
Reply #763

Azz

Oh well it's not a problem since Distin will be signing a new contract soon.

January 15, 2013, 12:59:22 AM
Reply #764

Gary Iceman

Didnt we scout agger before the dark side jumped in and bought him, and now forren also..
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.