February 22, 2020, 01:29:38 PM

Author Topic: The ITK Thread: January Edition (Back With a Vengeance!)  (Read 338674 times)

January 26, 2013, 12:11:14 AM
Reply #1395

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Radz, AJ and Bent ran the channels.

Nearly every other striker we've had under Moyes has faced shouts of them being lazy so I don't see how this idea that Moyes just wants people who run the channels.

January 26, 2013, 12:14:35 AM
Reply #1396

billbones80

I'm not saying that's all he wants, but he wants forward players to work back and Winge will not be that kind of workhorse. Anyway moot point he's going to QPR, We're getting a Kevin Doyle type signing or some loan signing we've never heard of on deadline day:  :bonk:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 12:15:06 AM by billbones80 »

January 26, 2013, 02:48:52 AM
Reply #1397

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 26, 2013, 05:02:25 AM
Reply #1398

krakkokain

According to the bbc Everton were Mvillas first choice in England unfortunately Rubin blew us out of the water with the fee and wages.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21180592

In a way its encouraging that we have 6 odd million to spend on players.
Im not sure if a defensive midfielder is Moyes number one priority for the window or he just rated Mvilla very highly. If it is a dm he is looking for its a shame we missed out on Sissoko and even frimpong. Capoue is still available however.

January 26, 2013, 05:05:26 AM
Reply #1399

Gash

Global Moderator
According to the bbc Everton were Mvillas first choice in England unfortunately Rubin blew us out of the water with the fee and wages.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21180592

In a way its encouraging that we have 6 odd million to spend on players.
Im not sure if a defensive midfielder is Moyes number one priority for the window or he just rated Mvilla very highly. If it is a dm he is looking for its a shame we missed out on Sissoko and even frimpong. Capoue is still available however.

Yup, it's all been covered in here.  :thumbsup:

January 26, 2013, 05:14:48 AM
Reply #1400

Fynci

I predict that when this thread gets to page 103 we will have signed someone.

I'll have a bet it will be an unknown 15 year old from the Scottish Second Division.

January 26, 2013, 05:56:51 AM
Reply #1401

Thornton_19

I'll have a bet it will be an unknown 15 year old from the Scottish Second Division.

Like the sound of him! Bet he is amazing....deserves a run out against Bolton tomorrow i think!

January 26, 2013, 01:08:10 PM
Reply #1402

christiffa25

Still not concerned... If the right players are available at the right money i'm still sure we will bring in 2/3 players. It was always going to be the tail end of the window before we realisticaly could do anything and that's when players become available and the deals start to happen.

January 26, 2013, 01:44:10 PM
Reply #1403

nomorechang

RIP
Moyes was quoted saying that 'we always shop on Christmas Eve in these windows' ... Last minute, as in last Jan when we signed Jelavic and Pienaar very late .
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

January 26, 2013, 02:47:49 PM
Reply #1404

Rhys

Moyes was quoted saying that 'we always shop on Christmas Eve in these windows' ... Last minute, as in last Jan when we signed Jelavic and Pienaar very late .

He also said he can't see anything happening. Last year we had sold bily which allowed us to bring jela and pienaar in. This year we've havent sold anyone so aren't likely to spend anything. He will mean we might get a loan late on if clubs give up hope on selling them this window and accept a loan deal.

January 26, 2013, 02:57:39 PM
Reply #1405

plumber

He also said he can't see anything happening. Last year we had sold bily which allowed us to bring jela and pienaar in. This year we've havent sold anyone so aren't likely to spend anything. He will mean we might get a loan late on if clubs give up hope on selling them this window and accept a loan deal.

Nice to see some common sense in this wacky thread.

January 26, 2013, 03:14:28 PM
Reply #1406

Waltzer

I think there's also an element that where we have little money it benefits us to keep our cards close to our chest and do the deals last minute. It doesn't take other clubs much to blow us out of the water in terms of finances so leaving it until the last minute stops that competitive process as much and stops others joining in on securing our targets. Admittedly we may miss one or two targets but I expect we get better value for money doing it?

January 26, 2013, 03:29:24 PM
Reply #1407

Juanito

"By the time youíd done all that you might find there arenít that many but Iíve got a wry smile. Why? You can wait and find out!"

Moyes on the transfer window

January 26, 2013, 03:54:43 PM
Reply #1408

School of Science

"By the time youíd done all that you might find there arenít that many but Iíve got a wry smile. Why? You can wait and find out!"

Moyes on the transfer window

Where / when did he say this?
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15