November 19, 2017, 01:44:07 AM

Author Topic: Southampton vs Everton  (Read 32480 times)

January 15, 2013, 10:07:43 AM
Read 32480 times

American Evertonian

Didn't seen a match day thread started yet so thought I would get it going for us.

I see it ending 2-0 to us.

But onto the reason I was looking for this thread. Here is our official appointment for the match

http://www.premierleague.com/content/premierleague/en-gb/referees/profile.html/neil-swarbrick

Don't truly have an opinion on ole Neil but it is better than Webb, Clattenburg (sp?), or Atkinson...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:09:41 PM by Gash »
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

January 15, 2013, 11:13:38 AM
Reply #1

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
be a tough game being a night match i recon. Home fans be more fired up.

but hoping 2-1 to us
I have to return some videotapes.

January 15, 2013, 11:16:08 AM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
Didn't seen a match day thread started yet so thought I would get it going for us.

I see it ending 2-0 to us.

But onto the reason I was looking for this thread. Here is our official appointment for the match

http://www.premierleague.com/content/premierleague/en-gb/referees/profile.html/neil-swarbrick

Don't truly have an opinion on ole Neil but it is better than Webb, Clattenburg (sp?), or Atkinson...
You've made a typo in the title.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/swarbrick/profil/schiedsrichter_650.html
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 15, 2013, 02:33:00 PM
Reply #3

MmmBlueRamirez

South Amp Tom

Sounds like a redneck skiffle band.

Sent from Überwald via the clacks
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 15, 2013, 02:34:12 PM
Reply #4

Alanvideo

We are special ,we are Everton.

January 15, 2013, 03:14:34 PM
Reply #5

sharpattack

I thought last week's game was a chance to show we were a force to be reckoned with considering the opposition and the opposition our rivals were facing. Arguably we had the easiest task. We blew it. So it comes to this match and it really is a crucial fixture. Win it, and we are back on course, draw it, and we are on course for Top 6, lose it, and it's all over for CL. Some might argue that's a bit dramatic but these are the games that show how resilient you are
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

January 15, 2013, 03:24:27 PM
Reply #6

Gary Iceman

Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

January 15, 2013, 08:43:11 PM
Reply #7

evertonarntwe

another draw
sick of this dull boring negative prick now, horrible days yesterday and he comes out with this shit, ginger cunt needs to stop thinking he will be the next united manager

January 16, 2013, 03:19:45 AM
Reply #8

The Golden Vision

I thought last week's game was a chance to show we were a force to be reckoned with considering the opposition and the opposition our rivals were facing. Arguably we had the easiest task. We blew it. So it comes to this match and it really is a crucial fixture. Win it, and we are back on course, draw it, and we are on course for Top 6, lose it, and it's all over for CL. Some might argue that's a bit dramatic but these are the games that show how resilient you are

yep spot on

January 16, 2013, 12:42:15 PM
Reply #9

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber

Gotta agree with this. Although I would go further and say the Swansea result shows we are some way off that elusive CL place, rather Europa is what we are more realistically looking at this season.

Still hope for a win, but my head is foreseeing another draw.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

January 16, 2013, 12:56:58 PM
Reply #10

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Individual games don't ever show things like whether you're ready for the CL.

Arsenal lost at home to Swansea; are they not ready for the EL even?

If you're using the Swansea game as a gauge, then the fact that we missed several presentable chances that meant that we didn't win a game in which we were the better side, is more of an indicator as to where we "should" finish as that has happened on several occasions this season.

January 16, 2013, 03:22:06 PM
Reply #11

christiffa25

Individual games don't ever show things like whether you're ready for the CL.

Arsenal lost at home to Swansea; are they not ready for the EL even?

If you're using the Swansea game as a gauge, then the fact that we missed several presentable chances that meant that we didn't win a game in which we were the better side, is more of an indicator as to where we "should" finish as that has happened on several occasions this season.

Tbf IMO Swansea was just another in a long line of games this season where domination has not coincided with 3pts. We struggle to claim enough 3pts when we deserve too. Without game winners that the top 3 have and arguably spurs have in bale we will struggle for 4th. Just as arsenal are also struggling without RVP.

January 16, 2013, 04:30:19 PM
Reply #12

GrantyBoy78

They should come at us being the home team so there should be a lot more space than the Swansea game. 2-0 to the blue boys.

January 16, 2013, 05:53:19 PM
Reply #13

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Tbf IMO Swansea was just another in a long line of games this season where domination has not coincided with 3pts. We struggle to claim enough 3pts when we deserve too. Without game winners that the top 3 have and arguably spurs have in bale we will struggle for 4th. Just as arsenal are also struggling without RVP.

Yeah that's what I mean.

A larger sample highlights what are likely to be factors that indicate whether we're good enough.

It just annoys me when people say if we don't win this we can kiss goodbye to the CL etc.

January 16, 2013, 06:58:25 PM
Reply #14

GrantyBoy78

Just seen that Soton are playing Chelsea tonight,  hopefully they'll be run ragged but beat them.