November 21, 2018, 11:52:13 PM

Author Topic: Southampton vs Everton  (Read 42868 times)

January 22, 2013, 05:13:18 AM
Reply #15

sharpattack

Not here mate, Osman was woeful, not excuse a player of his experience, in "the best season of his career", having such little influence in a game.
As is well known, I'm not Osman's biggest fan. What has surprised me is how many people maintain this fiction that he is having the "best season of his career". Tonight he was dire. Not much worse than he has been in many games but finally some people are having a closer look and realise this guy is just not up to it. He never influences play and his major contribution was to give the ball away tonight. We do not have a cutting edge and with jelavic having no confidence it's imperative that the midfield get hold of the ball. Neville is more a defensive mid and Osman is the much vaunted AM playing in his "favoured" position. Bollox. He's shite and let's hear no more about it. Whilst he is the lynchpin in midfield 6th is our best hope.
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

January 22, 2013, 05:07:21 PM
Reply #16

sharpattack

I don't see why Osman couldn't combine with Coleman well down the right -

Over the last few years when Osman was playing just as bad as he did last night, there were people on here making excuses for him by saying he was played out of position and that he was wasted on the right and needed to be CM. What happens? He is moved to CM and is just as ineffective. I realise that at the moment there are very few options on the bench so we have to stick with him, but it is clear we desperately need a good midfielder to replace this guy
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't