November 19, 2017, 07:20:37 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Burnley  (Read 25057 times)

December 28, 2009, 09:31:16 PM
Reply #60

Derek

Neill needs to do it simple. Twice now he's made a move that could have given them a goal.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

December 28, 2009, 09:34:20 PM
Reply #61

trendo

what a miss from Billy. I can't believe...
Toffee since 1984.

December 28, 2009, 09:34:27 PM
Reply #62

Nabel

OMG FINISH THE MOVES,

December 28, 2009, 09:37:01 PM
Reply #63

Gash

Global Moderator
Do you not agree though? So frustrating to get into good positions on the right only for Hibbert to fuck it up.

Yup, but I'm guessing Moyes doesn't feel Coleman is ready to start games on the strength of one decent game.

December 28, 2009, 09:39:26 PM
Reply #64

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Well, only one way to find out and it's games like this where we should be finding out.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 28, 2009, 09:39:35 PM
Reply #65

Derek

Not coming together today.

Again.
Clarion Call.

December 28, 2009, 09:42:13 PM
Reply #66

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Can see Nugent nicking something in this.

Come on Everton this is fucking Burnley!
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 28, 2009, 09:49:18 PM
Reply #67

Derek

HT.

Need to score. It's the Sunderland game all over again, except Burnley look more threatening than they did. Pienaar and Bily not really in the game, Hibbo can't cross, The Yak should have scored, Neill making things complicated, Fellaini and Cahill not up to speed and Baines one of the only players performing.
Clarion Call.

December 28, 2009, 09:51:51 PM
Reply #68

Thom

Administrator
So frustrating when we get to the edge of their box. We really need to take a chance in the first 10-15 minutes of the second half to give us something to build on.

December 28, 2009, 09:52:08 PM
Reply #69

Endless, Nameless

Well, the yak's chance earlier would have been buried by Saha, Coleman's crosses would actually be useful and Fellaini hasn't impressed. His touches have been poor and his passes overhit. But then I thought he was poor in the first half on Boxing day, but he improved second half so hopefully that will happen now also. Yakubu looks genuinely disinterested and as he's the only real striker in our XI, he needs to get his arse in gear. On a positive note, how bloody good was Heitinga's last ditch challenge after it bounced off Hibbert in the box!?

And yes, I can see Nugent getting one as well.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 28, 2009, 09:52:20 PM
Reply #70

Midfield General

Burnley look dangerous on the break we look jittery at the back and they are causing problems with the speed at which they're moving the ball, can't believe how anxious we are in front of goal at the moment either.

December 28, 2009, 09:53:13 PM
Reply #71

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
HT.

Need to score. It's the Sunderland game all over again, except Burnley look more threatening than they did. Pienaar and Bily not really in the game, Hibbo can't cross, The Yak should have scored, Neill making things complicated, Fellaini and Cahill not up to speed and Baines one of the only players performing.

Can't say I agree with that. I think Pienaar in particular has been involved (if a little sloppy) and Billy has had the best chance of the game and tried to link up the play. Fellaini and Cahill and playing fine I think too.

Its tough with Hibbert as he is solid defensively and has got forward quite a lot but there is definitely a "what if" question regarding Coleman and how well he could do.

I think at the end of the day that performance would have been fine if we'd scored...we just need to score, preferably a few times.

December 28, 2009, 09:53:28 PM
Reply #72

cantoffee

Did not realise the game would be on so early, only just got up, how has it been? Same as the last two games judging by everyones posts.

December 28, 2009, 09:54:21 PM
Reply #73

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
It's like Groundhog Day - again we're playing quite well but we can't get a goal.  I suppose at least this time we have created a couple of good chances, but we really do need to bury one of them otherwise I predict another frustrating afternoon.  Or maybe even worse if Burnley convert a chance on the counter-attack.....

December 28, 2009, 09:58:19 PM
Reply #74

Chris

Administrator
Get Vaughan on to partner the Yak and Coleman on for Hibbert.