Result

Everton Win
32 (78%)
Draw
7 (17.1%)
Villa Win
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Everton v Aston Villa  (Read 27913 times)

February 03, 2013, 03:05:36 AM
Reply #510

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We knew before the game that Hetinga struggles against big or pacy players, if they're both he really struggles.

Moyes should have played Neville right back, unless he was carrying an injury

We would have had Neville vs Agbonlahor.

That would have been awful too.

Yeah I'd probably have thought shifting the danger out wide might have been better; but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a better performance from someone of Jonny's level.

February 03, 2013, 04:02:41 AM
Reply #511

Bally

Administrator
@JohnHeitinga Played worst game ever in the shirt of #Everton. Let teammates and fans down but they never let me down. Will work hard to come back strong

Sorry, I can't hate him. 
At least he's acknowledged it hopefully it will improve his game
It's the roll I way

February 03, 2013, 04:06:12 AM
Reply #512

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
That shouldn't be difficult!

At least he's acknowledged it hopefully it will improve his game

Sent from the Ramtops, learning to sweep with Lu Tze

February 03, 2013, 04:10:14 AM
Reply #513

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'd rather Naismith at cb than Heitinga right now lol
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

February 03, 2013, 05:04:20 AM
Reply #514

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Don't care we scored in last min. Fucking shite. no guts in the transfer window, really don't think we will get Europe, too many games at grounds where Moyes has never won.
Hietinga should never play again.
I have to return some videotapes.

February 03, 2013, 05:40:36 AM
Reply #515

bluestevie

Good comeback but ffs we made Villa look like top 6 at times, I don't usually advocate dropping players but Heitinga needs it after that today, either play Neville at RB v United or gamble and give Stones his debut and restore Jags to the centre where he belongs. Glad to see Gibson and Mirallas come through unscathed again, having them back is going to be key in the run in
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

February 03, 2013, 05:49:07 AM
Reply #516

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Did mirallas absence mean we have overrated him?

Simply simply lovely

February 03, 2013, 05:49:56 AM
Reply #517

Shogun

Administrator
I think Villa have turned a corner though to be fair, they battered Newcastle in the second half last weekend. Time will tell like but we will see in the next few weeks just what sort of Villa side we were playing.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 03, 2013, 05:52:24 AM
Reply #518

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
I think Villa have turned a corner though to be fair, they battered Newcastle in the second half last weekend. Time will tell like but we will see in the next few weeks just what sort of Villa side we were playing.

We dominated a poor team and gave them 3 poorly defended goals.

Gettign rather tired of the flood of excuses that come every time we drop points to a poor team.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 03, 2013, 06:11:08 AM
Reply #519

Shogun

Administrator
It's not an excuse, it's an observation.

6 points from the last 4 games is 3/4 points less than what was necessary.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 03, 2013, 06:47:49 AM
Reply #520

blob

very impressed with villa's benteke, although at 22 he must use the same birth certificate issuer as the yak did. he looks 40 :)

February 03, 2013, 11:30:17 AM
Reply #521

Heisenberg

People having the cheek to have a moan at heitenga?
He may make mistakes, least he pulls his socks up!

Osman, baines, fellaini, osman, piennar, jellavic

PISS POOR

And you know what, Fellaini, 30mil? snap there hands off
Average player living on the back of one game, scored two goals, but done fuck all else midfield wise.
Cahill done more for than everton than Fellaini ever could, fuck you all you bandwagoners. Sky says he's world class he must be.
Least influential good player iv ever seen

February 03, 2013, 01:50:29 PM
Reply #522

marky v

Its time Moyes stops playing his square pegs for round holes, i can understand why we used to do it, our policy was to sign utility players so we could have them everywhere when needed but if you have a right back play him there rather than a CB out of position,

That Benteke is going to be special

February 03, 2013, 03:38:55 PM
Reply #523

fast lane

very impressed with villa's benteke, although at 22 he must use the same birth certificate issuer as the yak did. he looks 40 :)

Yet there was someone on here who thought he was shit.
Scoring four goals in the City of Liverpool in one season is some achievement.

I wonder what is wrong with John Heitinga, mostly defenders get better with age, they lose some pace, but win in insight and anticipation. Is it just lack of form?

We were fortunate in a way to get a draw, but we should have won this one, with all the difficult away matches to come.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)