November 24, 2017, 06:07:52 AM

Author Topic: Oldham v Everton  (Read 27705 times)

February 11, 2013, 09:08:59 PM
Reply #30

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Carling for his head no doubt

nod

February 11, 2013, 09:20:23 PM
Reply #31

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
The usual suspects will be McEwan round the block to have a go at Moyes.

Oh they will be calling him for all kinds. probably
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 11, 2013, 09:26:58 PM
Reply #32

Thom

Administrator
One or two changes to the starting eleven at most I reckon, and it's very likely that Moyes will be thinking the same, what with his team selections for the previous two rounds.

Oldham will obviously step their game up for this, especially with them at home, so people expecting a massive win should take note of previous upsets.

February 11, 2013, 09:58:11 PM
Reply #33

Shogun

Administrator
I think we should bring Jelavic back here

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 11, 2013, 10:01:21 PM
Reply #34

Thornton_19

I think we should bring Jelavic back here

The longer I look at our 'strongest 11' the more I realise how short we are in certain areas.

February 11, 2013, 10:05:50 PM
Reply #35

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The longer I look at our 'strongest 11' the more I realise how short we are in certain areas.

There's only really Felli and Distin that are big players. ;)

February 12, 2013, 12:29:38 AM
Reply #36

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Well, I really fail to see how Stones and Duffy can be worse than Neville and Heitinga. Duffy in particular will have something to prove if he plays.

February 12, 2013, 12:34:08 AM
Reply #37

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Well, I really fail to see how Stones and Duffy can be worse than Neville and Heitinga. Duffy in particular will have something to prove if he plays.

Because there are lots of things that experienced players do that go unnoticed simply because they are doing them. Being in the correct position for example that holds up an attack.

I'd consider Duffy as Heitinga is costing us goals in every game at the moment but there won't be a mad rush to not play Neville however he inhibits our attacks.

February 12, 2013, 12:35:19 AM
Reply #38

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Because there are lots of things that experienced players do that go unnoticed simply because they are doing them. Being in the correct position for example that holds up an attack.

I'd consider Duffy as Heitinga is costing us goals in every game at the moment but there won't be a mad rush to not play Neville however he inhibits our attacks.

Neville is shite at the back aswell tho.

February 12, 2013, 12:37:30 AM
Reply #39

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Duffy or stones could well play i would highly doubt both. If distin is ill still Duffy should play.

Simply simply lovely

February 12, 2013, 12:39:42 AM
Reply #40

School of Science

Duffy for his height alone,I dread to think of John Heitinga up against that massive Oldham centre forward :shock:
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

February 12, 2013, 12:40:35 AM
Reply #41

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Carling for his head no doubt

Bravo Jimmy

Your cup runneth over
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 12, 2013, 12:40:40 AM
Reply #42

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Neville is shite at the back aswell tho.

Yeah he's past it now.

But he's not doing ridiculous things week in week out.

He's still solid generally and, as I said, will do things that we don't notice that young players might not necessarily do.

It's not as though there were a constant stream of attacks pouring past Neville.

Yes he gets beaten most of the time if he's exposed (using the yellow card sweep tackle) but considering how slow he is, he avoids that situation quite well.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:41:09 AM by GLewis »

February 12, 2013, 02:13:09 AM
Reply #43

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
If Distin isn't fit, I think Duffy would be a good option. He is stronger in the air than Heitinga too which is probably going to be a factor in this game.

February 12, 2013, 05:14:13 AM
Reply #44

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefully we stop playing this shit offside trap in defence.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red