November 24, 2017, 01:32:08 PM

Author Topic: Oldham v Everton  (Read 27718 times)

February 13, 2013, 02:12:25 AM
Reply #60

blob

can anybody think of a game when we don't need to go 'full strength'.

if we can't try stones or duffy for this one, it's difficult to think of a time when we can.

anyway, i'd definitely (depending on distin's fitness) play duffy ahead of heitinga. i don't see that as weakening us at all.

February 13, 2013, 02:39:53 AM
Reply #61

Cozzie

Only change I would make is Duffy for Johnny. I have just had it with Johnny, fucking liability.

7-0 (Jelavic 4, Mirallas, Baines (pen) Anichebe)

February 13, 2013, 02:43:17 AM
Reply #62

Alanvideo

can anybody think of a game when we don't need to go 'full strength'.

if we can't try stones or duffy for this one, it's difficult to think of a time when we can.

anyway, i'd definitely (depending on distin's fitness) play duffy ahead of heitinga. i don't see that as weakening us at all.
..................someone on TW has said Stones is cup-tied ,don't know if anyone can confirm this. Let's face it he wasn't going to play anyway.
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 13, 2013, 03:29:34 AM
Reply #63

blob

..................someone on TW has said Stones is cup-tied ,don't know if anyone can confirm this. Let's face it he wasn't going to play anyway.

yeah. looking on wiki it seems he played twice in the fa cup this season.

February 13, 2013, 03:34:29 AM
Reply #64

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber

This is a good omen.  We had a right back cup tied in 95 didn't we?
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 13, 2013, 03:39:11 AM
Reply #65

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
This is a good omen.  We had a right back cup tied in 95 didn't we?

Earl the pearl

Simply simply lovely

February 13, 2013, 03:40:10 AM
Reply #66

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 13, 2013, 04:40:45 AM
Reply #67

Cozzie

24 Barrett Gold.

February 13, 2013, 01:56:41 PM
Reply #68

christiffa25

Full strength team from the off. Would start with jelavic tho. Hopefully get a few goals up early and kill the tie off before it starts.

Second half give baines a rest - bringing Oveido on.
Bring the returning Barkley on - to give osman a breather.
And maybe give Duffy a run out from the bench too.

Then pray for a kind home draw in the next round.

February 13, 2013, 03:37:50 PM
Reply #69

Alanvideo

Full strength team from the off. Would start with jelavic tho. Hopefully get a few goals up early and kill the tie off before it start

Then pray for a kind home draw in the next round.
................possibly Huddersfield if they put Wigan out . 5 ex-blues in the squad - Peter Clarke ,Anthony Gerrard ,Keith Southern ,Beckford and one I wish was still here - James Vaughan.
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 13, 2013, 11:13:37 PM
Reply #70

Shogun

Administrator
Barkley behind Jelavic please.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 13, 2013, 11:17:30 PM
Reply #71

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
My bird has just got a picture with Jose Baxter in Nando's

February 14, 2013, 01:07:18 AM
Reply #72

Thornton_19

My bird has just got a picture with Jose Baxter in Nando's

He loves the beak.

February 14, 2013, 01:43:31 AM
Reply #73

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 14, 2013, 08:07:38 PM
Reply #74

minty

Yeah he's past it now.

But he's not doing ridiculous things week in week out.

He's still solid generally and, as I said, will do things that we don't notice that young players might not necessarily do.

It's not as though there were a constant stream of attacks pouring past Neville.

Yes he gets beaten most of the time if he's exposed (using the yellow card sweep tackle) but considering how slow he is, he avoids that situation quite well.

He wasn't beaten much because he was up against 39 year old Giggs. Anyone younger and faster and he'll have even more of a nightmare.