October 24, 2018, 07:40:35 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs. Oldham (FA Cup 5th round replay)  (Read 36612 times)

February 27, 2013, 04:33:02 AM
Reply #405

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I agree, we can live without Fellaini and use the money we get from him to strengthen in the areas needed.

Yeah definitely, should be able to replace his position plus one or two others.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

February 27, 2013, 04:46:53 AM
Reply #406

Jimbo and the Jetset

Job done but we didnt exactly rape them.
I thought Distin looked awful. His stumpy little toe poked clearances were shite and how he let Smith have the freedom of the area for their goal was unforgivable.
Still, bring on Wigan...
Life as an Evertonian isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain.

February 27, 2013, 04:49:20 AM
Reply #407

Gumpinio

Matt smith signs fir Everton in the summer

He has Stoke written all over him.
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

February 27, 2013, 05:02:04 AM
Reply #408

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
All that mattered today was getting the result we needed and we did that. Performance wasnt great but there were some good performances. Coleman impressed me and Mirallas took his goal well. We do look vulnerable at the back. Feel sorry for Jelavic, nothing is falling for him, Vic starts ahead of him for me now when hes fit.

Tough game against Reading on sat. Once again all that matters is that we get the win. Be surprised if there's many champagne performances in the remaining games, hopefully we will just have too much for Wigan and can get to the semi
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 27, 2013, 06:06:57 AM
Reply #409

irishtoffee

Sorry if asked already but does anyone know when the arsenal game will be on now as I'm meant to go to that one

February 27, 2013, 06:15:35 AM
Reply #410

Shogun

Administrator
Sorry if asked already but does anyone know when the arsenal game will be on now as I'm meant to go to that one
Nothing comforted yet but I think it will be the Tuesday/Wednesday after the Stoke match http://www.evertonfc.com/match/premier-league-football-fixtures.html

International week I think between the City and Stoke game.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 27, 2013, 06:47:59 AM
Reply #411

the doc

Very average tonight, once a team changes a couple of players we seem to go pop, but we are through and thats the main thing. Lets hope we do a Swansea (we are also due to play the RS a week before a cup final)

February 27, 2013, 06:52:35 AM
Reply #412

Ridge

Overall a good composed performance. There were a few moments of worry, but nothing of too much note.

Distin letting Smith get the goal was a bit of a strange one, but he was one of the more important and better players for much of the game, so can let that slide as a one off.

Also thought Jelavic got into some good positions, but poor touches and some man handling stopped him getting too involved. I was hoping he would get a goal and probably should have finished Osman's headed goal.

I think we also could have given them a bit more to worry about on the counter attack later in the game, but it's hardly a change from the norm.

February 27, 2013, 11:21:35 AM
Reply #413

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Good performance and unlike lately we never looked in danger even when we conceded.  Coleman impressed again, mirallas much better than of late.

Sent from Four Ecks, running away from with Rincewind.
For once I disagree with you. I wouldn't rate our performance as good - we were poor in every part of the field

February 27, 2013, 12:10:36 PM
Reply #414

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
We weren't great but we were too good for them. I am very worried about our defense. Any striker, big, strong, short, fast will get easy chances against us.

Wigan are in form and we look shot of confidence. I hope we can beat them but we struggled with them in the League at Goodison this year.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

February 27, 2013, 12:41:02 PM
Reply #415

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
We weren't great but we were too good for them. I am very worried about our defense. Any striker, big, strong, short, fast will get easy chances against us.

Wigan are in form and we look shot of confidence. I hope we can beat them but we struggled with them in the League at Goodison this year.
agree - I hoped we would get some confidence from hammering Oldham - don't think we got that - Jelavic's confidence most be at an all time low - not being able to threaten a team almost 60 league places below us - same with the defence not being able to keep a clean sheet

February 27, 2013, 01:24:55 PM
Reply #416

david smallman

We did enough and that was about it.
Hopefully we are coming out of a rut.
Coleman and Gibson played well and Mirallas showed a lot more.

February 27, 2013, 02:19:14 PM
Reply #417

sharpattack

If we can't beat Wigan at home to reach Wembley then what's the fucking point of football?
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

February 27, 2013, 02:40:31 PM
Reply #418

Alanvideo

Matt smith signs fir Everton in the summer
............I hope so ,if only for the headlines .......Matt finish seals victory ,Matt puts gloss on win etc.etc.  :snigger:
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 27, 2013, 02:52:54 PM
Reply #419

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Oldham should have started with Matt Smith last night. Iwelumo was anonymous. If they started with Smith and just bombarded us in the air they might have done us.

Wigan will be tough. Probably go to a replay. Kone has impressed me for them and Di Santo seems to always play well against us
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!