November 18, 2017, 08:21:36 PM

Author Topic: Everton V Wigan [FA Cup - Sixth Round]  (Read 38277 times)

March 04, 2013, 12:58:52 PM
Reply #15

The Analog Kid

'Martinez will radically change his side for Saturday's quarter-final at Everton'

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/wigan-athletic-0-liverpool-4-martinez-to-put-cup-hopes-to-one-side-8518564.html

"Success in the Cup is what we want but not at the price of our league status. I will never allow that to happen."

Can't imagine what sort of side he'll put out if that's his mentality!

On another note, I read on here that, should we get through on Saturday then our semi would be on the Sunday. How do we know this before the draw has been made?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 12:59:25 PM by Analog Kid »

March 04, 2013, 01:39:43 PM
Reply #16

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
"Success in the Cup is what we want but not at the price of our league status. I will never allow that to happen."

Can't imagine what sort of side he'll put out if that's his mentality!

On another note, I read on here that, should we get through on Saturday then our semi would be on the Sunday. How do we know this before the draw has been made?

Yes I read that on here. There's no way they could know that in advance could they?!

The draw gets made,the tv channels make their choice and I imagine the FA decide what day its on

If they had a pre determined day for each side in the quarters it could get messed up depending how the draw went. Unless its fixed....
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 04, 2013, 03:28:47 PM
Reply #17

The Analog Kid

Yes I read that on here. There's no way they could know that in advance could they?!

The draw gets made,the tv channels make their choice and I imagine the FA decide what day its on

If they had a pre determined day for each side in the quarters it could get messed up depending how the draw went. Unless its fixed....

You just know the tv and all the bigwigs want an Manchester final, or City v Chelsea. Meaning we'd end up with one of the friggers in the semi's!

Still, we've done it before.....  :whistle:

March 04, 2013, 03:35:09 PM
Reply #18

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
You just know the tv and all the bigwigs want an Manchester final, or City v Chelsea. Meaning we'd end up with one of the friggers in the semi's!

Still, we've done it before.....  :whistle:

Yeah I'm not afraid to ruin the dream final!95 style

We have beaten City and United in recent times and even if we can only draw with them on the day we can at least have the opportunity to out gun them in a penalty shootout which is anyones game.

If we do get through I hope it is a Sunday cos I wont have to try and book it off work
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

March 04, 2013, 03:55:24 PM
Reply #19

sharpattack

Yeah I'm not afraid to ruin the dream final!95 style

We have beaten City and United in recent times and even if we can only draw with them on the day we can at least have the opportunity to out gun them in a penalty shootout which is anyones game.

If we do get through I hope it is a Sunday cos I wont have to try and book it off work
I remember all the hype about that so called "dream final". That all came about just because Jurgen Klinnsman played for Spurs and, being the consummate professional, said all the right things about the FA Cup, which made the press love him. Loved it when we stuffed them. If the dopey ref had done it right they would never have got the penalty and we would have won the cup without conceding a goal.
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

March 04, 2013, 04:00:54 PM
Reply #20

Fellainis Hairdresser

I was confident about this, untill I remembered who Wigan have just re-signed.

Paul I always score against Everton Scharner.

You just know he is gonna return just in time to fuck up our cup run.

Sorry to be a total pesemist here but 1-0 to Wigan, Paul scharner.

bloody hell
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

March 04, 2013, 04:05:49 PM
Reply #21

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I remember all the hype about that so called "dream final". That all came about just because Jurgen Klinnsman played for Spurs and, being the consummate professional, said all the right things about the FA Cup, which made the press love him. Loved it when we stuffed them. If the dopey ref had done it right they would never have got the penalty and we would have won the cup without conceding a goal.

yeah proper soft pen. Sheringham dived. Klinsmann scored in every round that year. Made up we stuffed them in that semi

March 04, 2013, 04:10:32 PM
Reply #22

The Analog Kid

That was the only goal we conceded that cup run.

March 04, 2013, 05:47:13 PM
Reply #23

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
yeah proper soft pen. Sheringham dived. Klinsmann scored in every round that year. Made up we stuffed them in that semi

But not the final  ;D
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

March 05, 2013, 04:52:00 AM
Reply #24

taffytoffee

With vic back fit again, what are people's thoughts on who should start v Wigan personally I'd go with vic, not only is yelavic not scoring his touch is awful as well so it's vic for me for the big match

March 05, 2013, 05:17:22 AM
Reply #25

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Jelavic but really only because Vic is such a threat off the bench, not sure Jelavic would change a game coming on.

March 05, 2013, 05:19:11 AM
Reply #26

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Jelavic but really only because Vic is such a threat off the bench, not sure Jelavic would change a game coming on.
Been saying this all along.

Simply simply lovely

March 05, 2013, 07:19:31 AM
Reply #27

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Gotta be Vic, Jelavic offers the square root of fuck all at the moment.

March 05, 2013, 08:45:50 AM
Reply #28

American Evertonian

Anyone else still have nightmares of what Kone did to Tinga last time he started against Wigan...
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

March 05, 2013, 01:32:50 PM
Reply #29

Toddacelli

Anyone else still have nightmares of what Kone did to Tinga last time he started against Wigan...

Well I didn't - but I bloody well will now!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates