November 25, 2017, 01:51:48 PM

Author Topic: Whats wrong with Cahill?  (Read 2023 times)

December 27, 2009, 09:02:50 PM
Read 2023 times

sixymack

I love Tim Cahill, top fella plus i have him on my Everton jersey but what is going on with him this season, is his lack of goals highlighting how bad he has looked in most of our games this season, yet he still scores regular for oz but he does not get much stick on this forum, i personally think he has been piss poor all season maybe he needs a break for a couple of games and is worn out, All the travelling he does could be creeping up, what do you think?

deCoubertin

December 27, 2009, 09:04:37 PM
Reply #1

sixymack

Should we sign rolf harris and his didgeredoo to perform a prematch haka to inspire tim

December 27, 2009, 09:11:21 PM
Reply #2

Sharky

I love Tim Cahill,
:batty:

hes a good player like, just seems to need that next goal to get him going perhaps?

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

December 27, 2009, 09:56:30 PM
Reply #3

62toffee

If you watch Cahill closely after being challenged he winces after some challenges, usually around the hip/thigh area, and is obviously in some pain. When tackling, he also turns his body away to lessen the impact as though he is protecting certain areas of the body.

The fella is obviously carrying an injury or two and is having to play on as we are so short of experienced first-teamers. Hopefully, by the time we have a healthier looking squad, it won't be too late to give him a blow and get him back to his best.

December 27, 2009, 10:22:08 PM
Reply #4

sixymack

i love sharkys avatar, i just cant afford all that baby oil she needs rubbed on her

December 27, 2009, 10:32:49 PM
Reply #5

cantoffee

If you watch Cahill closely after being challenged he winces after some challenges, usually around the hip/thigh area, and is obviously in some pain. When tackling, he also turns his body away to lessen the impact as though he is protecting certain areas of the body.

The fella is obviously carrying an injury or two and is having to play on as we are so short of experienced first-teamers. Hopefully, by the time we have a healthier looking squad, it won't be too late to give him a blow and get him back to his best.

I think he's had to play through those niggling injuries all year and would probably get a week off if we had the players, if not because of an injury because of a lack of form.  He really does look like his got some sort of hip injury though, a couple of times he can barely move after he's challenged for a ball.

That being said I'm starting to worry about him, I know a lot of people on here have not been happy with him but I thought he'd come good once he scored a couple, well he's not played any better since he scored against spurs so who knows, hopefully he's back to his best soon though as we really need his goals.

December 27, 2009, 10:47:44 PM
Reply #6

sharpattack

Absolutely awful this season.
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

December 27, 2009, 11:31:35 PM
Reply #7

Derek

Yeah, he's not been on his game whatsoever.

Ordinarily, we'd be able to drop him if he lost some form, but with our current squad - if he's fit he plays.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

December 27, 2009, 11:38:58 PM
Reply #8

toffee_scot

Maybe that period with all the metatarsal injuries are starting to take its toll. He has a good attitude and will play for Everton no matter what, unfortunately, he is part of a very small squad and the amount of games he has to play is probably taking its toll on his body.

But also, although he has made a fantastic contribution in an Everton shirt in the last 5 years, he is not getting any younger and he does play an incredibly specific role which means we have to play 4-5-1 when he is on the pitch. If we are to progress as a club, we will need someone who is more technically gifted and offer us something more in the middle of the pitch and allow the team to play a good passing game regularly.

December 28, 2009, 02:37:37 PM
Reply #9

Derek

Agreed. Still, though, great servant to the club. Apparently a dead-on bloke too - loads of times for the fans and their kids.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

December 28, 2009, 05:49:18 PM
Reply #10

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
He does look like like hes not happy, fitness wise. Ive noticed him jogging gingerly after a challenge and thought he had picked up an injury. But that aside his form has been woefull this season and IMO the only way to get him out of his funk is to give him a rest

December 28, 2009, 10:56:06 PM
Reply #11

MmmBlueRamirez

Whats wrong with cahill?

Broken foot again by the looks of it.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama