November 23, 2017, 04:25:53 AM

Author Topic: 'Throwing' A Match  (Read 2182 times)

May 02, 2010, 08:50:01 PM
Reply #15

VBlue

Stubbsy also said he heard Carragher was at a charity do on Fri night on the ale.  He seemed to be suggesting that they are not up for it at all today.

I said Carra's a despicabale character anyway.  Stubbsy just grinned.

He also said 'it lacks class' when I told him about the Shite's Cockney banner.

From BBC:

It's starting to look even more comfortable for Chelsea, with Liverpool's Jamie Carragher limping from the field after a collision to be replaced by young Spanish defender Daniel Ayala.

His hangover has obv. kicked in then.

deCoubertin

May 02, 2010, 08:51:33 PM
Reply #16

nomorechang

RIP
And Chelsea are champions.

They deserve it , they are the strongest team in the Premier league this season , closely followed by Man Utd and Everton  :whistle:
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

May 02, 2010, 08:52:12 PM
Reply #17

Endless, Nameless

They deserve it , they are the strongest team in the Premier league this season , closely followed by Man Utd and Everton  :whistle:

Chelsea don't deserve anything but bankruptcy. They bought success :hmph:
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

May 02, 2010, 08:54:30 PM
Reply #18

nomorechang

RIP
Chelsea don't deserve anything but bankruptcy. They bought success :hmph:

Abramovic bought success for them ... something i'm sure the majority of us would not refuse if handed to us
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

May 02, 2010, 08:58:11 PM
Reply #19

Endless, Nameless

Abramovic bought success for them ... something i'm sure the majority of us would not refuse if handed to us

True. It's annoying though, that money trumps all.

And they're classless twats anyway. Their fans think they've got history, and their staff think they're better than everyone else. I remember the semi-final the other year against Chelsea in the carling cup, and how their execs were patronising ours etc etc. I just hate Chelsea mate.

May 02, 2010, 09:09:04 PM
Reply #20

nomorechang

RIP
True. It's annoying though, that money trumps all.

And they're classless twats anyway. Their fans think they've got history, and their staff think they're better than everyone else. I remember the semi-final the other year against Chelsea in the carling cup, and how their execs were patronising ours etc etc. I just hate Chelsea mate.

That;s why when we shafted them fair and square at Goodison this season I regarded that as one of our best performances for years .. games like that demonstrate to me that we are not that far off from the best in this league ...It's the money that's holding us back more than anything .. and we don't even need the amounts that the russian , or the Arabs are throwing at their toys
Alan Ball

May 02, 2010, 09:13:19 PM
Reply #21

Endless, Nameless

That;s why when we shafted them fair and square at Goodison this season I regarded that as one of our best performances for years .. games like that demonstrate to me that we are not that far off from the best in this league ...It's the money that's holding us back more than anything .. and we don't even need the amounts that the russian , or the Arabs are throwing at their toys

Exactly. I think with another £50m, we'd quite possibly be in contention for the title. With £200m or whatever Chelsea/City have spent, there would be no doubt.

May 02, 2010, 11:22:24 PM
Reply #22

Connavar

A certain Mr Moyes once said of Everton in relation to a quote by that joke of a manager across the park that "we do things with class and dignity at Everton". Thank God I'm and Evertonian. No class, no dignity, no integrity. The lot of them are a fucking disgrace.

May 02, 2010, 11:22:59 PM
Reply #23

ihatecollina

Not for me, I would want us to win the game, no matter what. It is a sad day for football when/if a team throws a game to suit. The day that it happens and the day its proved would be my last day spending money at football, it just wouldnt be right.
The bird in the pink is back.....