November 19, 2017, 08:16:14 PM

Author Topic: All the Way From the States For That  (Read 3694 times)

March 10, 2013, 08:58:33 AM
Read 3694 times

18efc78

I flew three thousand miles on a severely delayed flight from Washington D.C. (Dulles) friday night to jump in a cab from manchester airport straight to Goodison Park. I say this not for special sympathy but to highlight the dedication of Evertonians in general and how completely incongruous that dedication is with that of the majority of our players. I'm fuming. The one match I get to see live so rarely and that's what's served up. I don't care how well Fellaini has played for us this season, and in my opinion he's been nothing special before this season, he has no right to act in the manner he did today. I for one couldn't care less if he never played for us again. Ditto Neville - decent utility player in his time but nowhere near our starting central midfielder. Absolutely disgusting how much money has gone into this trip only to watch that disgrace.

Before that shambles, the last couple of matches I had the displeasure of seeing live were the FA Cup semi-final defeat to L*******l last April and the 6-1 home defeat (Lescott) defeat to Arsenal. I accept that I must be some sort of unlucky charm for us but I needed an outlet after a truly shite day. I'm devo'd.

deCoubertin

March 10, 2013, 09:33:48 AM
Reply #1

huck

Lol sorry pal, reading that, first thing I thought was "this guys a jinx". Can't blame you for how you are feeling. I want to know if Felli and Kev were out the night before amongst other things. Poor, poor showing by our team. Manager got it wrong and players played like it was in the bag. Do feel for you, hopefully the trip back has no delays or such.
Le Berry

March 10, 2013, 09:40:26 AM
Reply #2

18efc78

I've got the City match on Saturday to (not) look forward to and a Goodison Park tour in between before hopefully having a hassle-free flight back. Can only get better right?

March 10, 2013, 10:04:15 AM
Reply #3

Shogun

Administrator
Feel sorry for you mate, maybe you should just come once every ten years given your record eh!
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 10, 2013, 11:19:58 AM
Reply #4

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I've got the City match on Saturday to (not) look forward to and a Goodison Park tour in between before hopefully having a hassle-free flight back. Can only get better right?

Can somebody please ban this guy from the Goodison your, he might cause the place to come crashing down.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 10, 2013, 12:41:07 PM
Reply #5

BrotherEstapol

This is my worst fear for travelling to England to watch a game...I feel for you man, I was only watching the game at 1am in my living room and I was devastated...given your circumstances, I'm surprised you didn't go postal or catatonic!

I home you get a decent tour guide and that the boys bounce back for a decent performance against city...if only so your trip isn't ruined!

March 10, 2013, 04:06:13 PM
Reply #6

Sanarcho

This is my worst fear for travelling to England to watch a game...I feel for you man, I was only watching the game at 1am in my living room and I was devastated...given your circumstances, I'm surprised you didn't go postal or catatonic!

I home you get a decent tour guide and that the boys bounce back for a decent performance against city...if only so your trip isn't ruined!

I used to get devastated pre 2009...
Since then ive grown up?/changed

It does annoy me when Moyes makes really bad tactical calls, but what can I do? i dont play for Everton, I have no Direct say in anything they do.. All i can do is cheer/or be sad

I just dont let it phase me anymore.. i see watching Everton as watching my fave shows.. or listening to my fave music..

Enjoy it., regardless ( even during the match yesterday i was smiling/laughing)

So many more things in our lives we are directly in control of

Our fave sports teams, are not any of those things
Lao Tzu - No one rules, If no one obeys.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted by me as fact.

March 10, 2013, 04:10:39 PM
Reply #7

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

March 10, 2013, 04:46:11 PM
Reply #8

Thom

Administrator

It does annoy me when Moyes makes really bad tactical calls, but what can I do? i dont play for Everton, I have no Direct say in anything they do.. All i can do is cheer/or be sad

I just dont let it phase me anymore.. i see watching Everton as watching my fave shows.. or listening to my fave music..

March 10, 2013, 05:23:35 PM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I think David Moyes should reimburse you.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

March 10, 2013, 05:42:46 PM
Reply #10

Sanarcho

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.

March 10, 2013, 06:12:27 PM
Reply #11

Thornton_19

To be honest after yesterday i think the starting 11's wages should pay back the crowds ticket fees.

March 10, 2013, 06:24:58 PM
Reply #12

Toddacelli

I do not understand this mindset at all. It seems totally devoid of passion and personal investment to me.

Usually when I don't understand something I get obsessed with figuring it out, but in this case I am glad I don't understand it.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 10, 2013, 06:26:44 PM
Reply #13

Sanarcho

To be honest after yesterday i think the starting 11's wages should pay back the crowds ticket fees.

lol not happening, If Beiber (who is XXXXX times richer than Everton fc and its board) cant reimburse kids for being 2 hours late, or reimburse kids or their families cos he feinted on stage..
what hope do we have on Everton doing it?

would be an awesome gesture tho..

March 10, 2013, 06:34:03 PM
Reply #14

Sanarcho

I do not understand this mindset at all. It seems totally devoid of passion and personal investment to me. Well if you pay for happiness of others, then you also pay to be sad, with others..Do you get equally wound up when you goto a concert/gig? or when you watch your fave shows/movies.. and the plots goes away you dont like?

Usually when I don't understand something I get obsessed with figuring it out, but in this case I am glad I don't understand it.Entertainment is what it is...a distraction.. I have passion and personal investment., not in Everton anymore tho.. as My passion and personal investment have no direct role on the club...( i do still give them cash... but giving them cash and thinking i have a say in the club is ludicrous..)