November 23, 2017, 04:12:12 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Manchester City  (Read 24605 times)

March 10, 2013, 10:15:44 AM
Read 24605 times

Shogun

Administrator

Everton v Manchester City
Goodison Park (Capacity: 40,157)
Saturday 16th March 2012
12:45 UK time
Premier league match 29

Everton's last five games:
DLWWL

Oldham 2-2 Everton - FA Cup (Anichebe, Jagielka)
Norwich 2-1 Everton (Osman)
Everton 3-1 Oldham - FA Cup (Mirallas, Baines pen, Osman)
Everton 3-1 Reading (Fellaini, Pienaar, Mirallas)
Everton 0-3 Wigan - FA Cup

Manchester City's last five games:
LWWWW

Southampton 3-1 Manchester City (Dzeko)
Manchester City 4-0 Leeds United - FA Cup (Y. Toure, Aguero, Tevez, Aguero pen)
Manchester City 2-0 Chelsea (Y. Toure, Tevez)
Aston Villa 0-1 Manchester City (Tevez)
Manchester City 5-0 Barnsley - FA Cup (Tevez x3, Kolarov, Silva)

Preview

Saturday's meeting will be the 172nd between the sides. History shows that results between the sides have been fairly evenly split with Everton just having the narrow margin on Victories.

The first time the clubs ever competed against each other came at the end of the 19th century. On 23rd December 1899, Everton hosted Manchester City in a 2-1 victory at Goodison Park. The goalscorers were Robert Gray who scored his only ever Everton goal in the match and Jimmy Settle who scored 97 goals in 8 seasons for Everton. On the score-sheet for the visitors was one of football's early superstars Billy Meredith, the Welshman netted 129 times in 339 appearances for City before moving to Manchester United

Manchester City first win at Everton came at their first home, at Hyde Park. Joe Cassidy scored the only goal as City ran out 1-0 winners on 13th October 1900 in his only season for the club. Their first victory at Goodison Park came 6 years later in a 3-0 win on 16th April 1906 as Irvine Thornley scored a brace for the visitors while Sandy Turnbull scored as well in his only season before, like Meredith moving to Manchester United.

The most goals in this fixture came the season after on 3rd September 1906 when Everton thrashed Manchester City 9-1 at Goodison Park. The already mentioned Jimmy Settle managed to bag 2 goals but he was out-shined by Alex 'Sandy' Young who scored 4 on the day. Jack Taylor, Walter Abbott and Hugh Bolton scored the rest of the goals.Albert Fisher bagged the consolation goal for City, his second in just 5 appearance for the Manchester side.

The most goals between the sides in the premier league at Goodison Park is 4 goals which has happened on 3 occasions spread out equally as 1 win for either side and a draw. The latest coming in a 2-2 draw on New Years day 2003. Steve Watson's opening goal was cancelled out as Nicolas Anelka took advantage of a Richard Wright mistake. Marc Vivien Foe then put the visitors ahead with 8 minutes to go before Tomasz Radzinski headed past Peter Schmeichel in stoppage time to grab a point.

Everton won the last meeting between the sides at Goodison Park as Darron Gibson scored his first and to this date only goal of his Everton career on 31st January 2012 with a deflected shot on the edge of the box which left Joe Hart helpless tp send Everton to a 1-0 win. Manchester City's last win at Goodison Park came on 25th April 2009, Manchester City's first big signing Robinho opened the scoring before Stephen Ireland made it 2-0. Dan Gosling scored a late consolation in a 2-1 win for the away side.

The reverse fixture this season saw Fellaini heavily involved on 1st December 2012. After rebounding in his headed effort on goal, Fellaini then went on to conceded a penalty on the stroke of half time. Tevez converted the penalty as City struggled to break down Everton in the second half as the game finished 1-1.

Below is the spending of the two clubs since Thaksin Shinawatra became the new owner of Manchester City.

Following transfer fees unreleased:

Louis Saha to Everton 08/09
Carlo Nash to Everton 08/09
Cody Arnoux to Everton 09/10
Joao Silva to Everton 10/11
Bryan Oviedo to Everton 12/13

Glauber to Manchester City 07/08
Adam Johnson to Manchester City 09/10

John Ruddy to Norwich from Everton 10/11
Lukas Jutkiewicz to Coventry from Everton 10/11

RolandoBianchi to Torino from Manchester City 08/09
Andreas Isaksson to PSV from Manchester City 08/09
Kaspar Schmeichel to Notts County from Manchester City 09/10

As you can see, Manchester City have invested £432.05m more than Everton since being taken over. A clear indication of the gulf in finances between the two sides.

Injury News

Everton

P Jagielka - Ankle/Foot Injury - 30/03/13
T Howard - Back Injury - Unknown
T Hibbert - Calf/Shin Injury - Unknown

Manchester City

S Aguero - Knee Injury - 16/03/13
V Kompany - Calf/Shin Injury - 16/03/13
J Rodwell - Hamstring Injury - 30/03/13
Maicon - Knee Injury - 30/03/13
M Richards - Cartilage Knee Injury - Unknown

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 10:21:37 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 10, 2013, 12:47:09 PM
Reply #1

BrotherEstapol

You can only hope that City have the same complacency that we suffered from yesterday when they turn up for this one.

Can't see a win, but 1 all draw looks on the cards me thinks.

Sent from the Nightclub in Royston Drenthe's Basement.

March 10, 2013, 01:21:56 PM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Can't say I've been less enthused about a game for a while.

Well, probably since the Utd away game last season.

The difference then was that we were generally playing well, had some new players who'd brought enthusiasm to the whole club and we were away from home where there's always less pressure.

I'm worried that a silent/angry home crowd faced with a relaxed City side isn't going to make pretty viewing.

March 10, 2013, 01:23:14 PM
Reply #3

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
You can only hope that City have the same complacency that we suffered from yesterday when they turn up for this one.

Can't see a win, but 1 all draw looks on the cards me thinks.

Sent from the Nightclub in Royston Drenthe's Basement.

We weren't complacent yesterday.

The catalogue of examples of performances like that in key games suggests completely the opposite.

March 10, 2013, 03:54:18 PM
Reply #4

Toddacelli

7-0 to City

Distin to open the scoring with an oggie

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 10, 2013, 05:53:36 PM
Reply #5

tonysoprano

shove it up their arse I cut my season ticket up yesterday fuck them ,and thats after 40 years plus, no one gives a fuck anymore about supporters, its all self self self, look at Fellaini? early bird renewall, would love to see the uptake, I wont be one

March 10, 2013, 06:33:33 PM
Reply #6

BrotherEstapol

shove it up their arse I cut my season ticket up yesterday fuck them ,and thats after 40 years plus, no one gives a fuck anymore about supporters, its all self self self, look at Fellaini? early bird renewall, would love to see the uptake, I wont be one

Pics or it didn't happen!

March 10, 2013, 06:35:38 PM
Reply #7

Gash

Global Moderator

40 years? Here was me convinced you were just an angry 15 year old.

March 10, 2013, 07:05:30 PM
Reply #8

tonysoprano

no I am an angry 50 plus and have witnessed all kinds of shite over the years , and I mean shite, but when I see a cluless manager trying to motivate players who clearly did not want to know or be bothered in some cases, then to take off mirrales just finished it for me

March 10, 2013, 07:08:01 PM
Reply #9

steve81

I honestly don't care what happens until moyes goes and we get players who fight for the shirt

March 10, 2013, 08:25:15 PM
Reply #10

cantoffee

lol at this thread so far

March 10, 2013, 08:42:26 PM
Reply #11

Cozzie

March 10, 2013, 08:48:06 PM
Reply #12

Juanito

Mucha
Coleman    Hietinga   Distin    Baines

Gibson   Felliani
Miralles           Barkley         Piennar

Anichibe

Everton 2-1 Manchester City
Barkley (2)

March 10, 2013, 09:11:13 PM
Reply #13

Shogun

Administrator
--------------------------------Howard---------------------------
-------Coleman-----Heitinga---Distin------Baines---------
-----------------------Gibson---------Fellaini-------------------
------------Mirallas----------Pienaar----------Oviedo--------
--------------------------------Anichebe--------------------------

There's no doubt that Barkley won't be starting so I've left him out the equation. I'd like to see the above.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 10, 2013, 09:13:01 PM
Reply #14

dunkster

4-1 city. Wheels have come off now.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER