September 20, 2019, 04:37:35 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Manchester City  (Read 41966 times)

March 16, 2013, 09:22:16 PM
Reply #375

stirlingblue

If Osman played like that every week we'd win the league

:whistle:

March 16, 2013, 09:22:41 PM
Reply #376

Gash

Global Moderator
Everton boss David Moyes reflecting on his side's 2-0 win over Manchester City and the response to last week's FA Cup defeat by Wigan: "We have been good for the majority of season. We have had one or two dips but that was more like us today. I thought we had a bad performance last week, which the fans rightly reminded us about, but we just reminded them they are supporting a really good team.

"I thought we played really well in the first half. We were playing the champions so we knew it was going to be tough. When we had to be resilient we were and when we had to play well, we did. We scored a goal which was wrongly disallowed. I'm really pleased with how the players performed."

And what's the handball that Platt's been moaning about?

March 16, 2013, 09:25:54 PM
Reply #377

dunkster

OMG - worked nights and have woke up hoping to watch the game on laptop. couldnt see a stream and thought WTF. Didnt realise it was early kick off.
Can someone sum up the performance. i.e did we pass ball well? how did fellaini play? (performance and attitude),
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

March 16, 2013, 09:26:31 PM
Reply #378

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Wow, what a change from last week. Every player was fantastic, showed passion, worked hard the whole game.

Almost burst into tears when Jelevic scored, I fucking love this club.

Would love to see Distin throwing shirt into crowd. Hope a gif is made!
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

March 16, 2013, 09:28:39 PM
Reply #379

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

March 16, 2013, 09:29:53 PM
Reply #380

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
OMG - worked nights and have woke up hoping to watch the game on laptop. couldnt see a stream and thought WTF. Didnt realise it was early kick off.
Can someone sum up the performance. i.e did we pass ball well? how did fellaini play? (performance and attitude),

You missed the best game all season.

Unlucky
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

March 16, 2013, 09:32:24 PM
Reply #381

whichonespink

You missed the best game all season.

Unlucky

pretty much so

other than the united game that was our best performance of the season

March 16, 2013, 09:32:31 PM
Reply #382

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Crowd was fantastic throughout as well.
Think the ref helped wind us up in that respect.
Great too see a noisy Goodison park.

The crowd were excellent today. It really is funny the difference in them and the team today. What came first the crowd or the performance?

March 16, 2013, 09:32:45 PM
Reply #383

Azz

We passed the ball well, apart from Naismith when he came on.  Pressed them high for the first half, start of the second we seemed to drop off a bit but couldn't really tell if that was the game plan because Pienaar got sent off soonish into the second half.  Fellaini played well didn't do anything spectacular but his work rate was through the roof and they shit themselves.  Anichebe was a machine as well. amazed he lasted 90 minutes great work rate and ball retention.  Coleman was insane the best I've ever seen him play.  Osman played superb as well.  And Jan Mucha was great once again, some brilliant saves and making me wonder why he hasn't started more, has very good command of his area and he plays football, makes me all warm inside!    :thumbsup:

March 16, 2013, 09:35:49 PM
Reply #384

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Get in Ricky lambert

Vamos lá Everton!

March 16, 2013, 09:35:55 PM
Reply #385

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
That was us at our absolute best today with not only the team spirit and excellent work rate but also the real quality and attacking intent as well.

Coleman was outstanding and it was brilliant to see the improvement in both the attacking and defending parts of his game.  Going forward he consistently made the right decisions and delivered quality balls, and at the back he was positionally excellent and made some great tackles, blocks and of course the brilliant header away from that cross.

Victor was also superb, his work rate was unbelievable and it's great to see him exuding positivity in his body language and his approach to the game. 

Mucha also had a fantastic game and that will fill him with confidence which is great for both him and the team in general

Overall though just a great team performance but it's now vital that they use it as a turning point and maintain it until the end of the season. 5th place is well within our grasp IF we play to our potential.

March 16, 2013, 09:36:47 PM
Reply #386

dunkster

thanks AZZ cant believe i missed it.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

March 16, 2013, 09:43:48 PM
Reply #387

bluegrant

Get in Ricky lambert
alls we need now is swansea to beat the arse  :thumbsup:

March 16, 2013, 10:14:07 PM
Reply #388

Blue Nose Davey

Was proud to be sat in the Gwlady's today - best atmosphere of the season by far. Didn't have a pint down me but I was singing and screaming like a maniac all game, along with the whole of the Gwladys street. - I won't into the performance of the players, I think this game was about us, the fans. We deserved what we got today.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 10:14:39 PM by Blue Nose Davey »

March 16, 2013, 10:18:33 PM
Reply #389

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Can't wait till MOTD will def have a little proud cry for jelevic!
Definitely a love / hate relationship with the blues ;D

Vamos lá Everton!