November 19, 2017, 07:20:34 AM

Author Topic: 1995 Cup Final v Today  (Read 2825 times)

March 28, 2013, 08:08:06 PM
Reply #15

efcraz

Parkinson was brilliant as was Limpar. 

Loved Joe, I wish we saw more of him, shame!
twitter: razefc

I'm 25 so big Dunc IS a legend!!

deCoubertin

March 28, 2013, 09:54:18 PM
Reply #16

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Funny how our most important player for both teams was our Left back (Still unsure why Hinchcliffe is on the right of mid here).

Hinchliffe corner, Duncan head, goal. Shame we didnt get a decent run out of the pair without injuries/suspensions.

The season after, in my mid-teen, champ man, wide eyed days, i prayed for a team of:

Southall
Jackson, Watson, Unsworth

Kanchelskis, Horne, Parkinson, Ebbrell, Limpar

Rideout, Ferguson

I just didnt know where to put Hinchcliffe, Amo or Samways (took a while to realise he wasnt a superstar after seeign him in the charity shield match) even though all 3 were amazing...

In my eyes, at the time, it was right people were talking about us mounting a title challenge in 95/96

March 29, 2013, 01:21:44 AM
Reply #17

New Free Transfer Signing

Barry Hoooorrrrnnnnee
ooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrr r.........

March 29, 2013, 02:48:42 AM
Reply #18

Murray

Distin is the best of the CB's, Jagielka is only rated above him because he's a scouser!

March 29, 2013, 02:58:47 AM
Reply #19

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Distin is the best of the CB's, Jagielka is only rated above him because he's a scouser!
jagielkas a scouser?

I didn't know sale was in Liverpool.... Well you learn sommet new every day eh

Simply simply lovely

March 29, 2013, 03:14:02 AM
Reply #20

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Parkinson's was vastly underrated and would be excellent in our side. Lim par was quality and Stuart was always reliable. Along with Big Nev I would have them in today's squad
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 29, 2013, 03:17:36 AM
Reply #21

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I thought Stuart was very very average

Limpar was unbelievably frustrating but yeah he would make a squad player now

Simply simply lovely

March 29, 2013, 03:19:36 AM
Reply #22

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Stuart was average but very effective, like Cahill in a lot of ways

Sent from Tsort

March 29, 2013, 03:27:27 AM
Reply #23

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Limpar was amazing when he was on it, but not so great for an awful lot of the time.

Stuart was an underrated player I think who whilst limited was also contributed a lot - Silas' Cahill comparison is a decent one. Not as talismanic, and not as prolific but certainly in a similar vein.

Parkinson was maybe underrated outside of Everton, but I think it's fair to say that pretty much all of us recognise what an excellent player he was becoming and he certainly isn't underrated here.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 03:28:17 AM by Risky »

March 29, 2013, 03:32:36 AM
Reply #24

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I know he's not underrated on here by those of us who remember that team. In fact he is my second favourite Everton player after Big Nev.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 29, 2013, 03:36:36 AM
Reply #25

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I know he's not underrated on here by those of us who remember that team. In fact he is my second favourite Everton player after Big Nev.

Yeah, I think the saddest thing is that he was getting better and better and could have kept on improving if his career had continued.  He was only about 25 when his progress was stopped by his knee injury so he would have had loads of time to become even better under normal circumstances.

March 29, 2013, 04:03:03 AM
Reply #26

wigster

it was abblett left back and hinchcliffe in front, limpar was right hand side,,,,
tony scores we riot

March 29, 2013, 07:20:36 AM
Reply #27

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
it was abblett left back and hinchcliffe in front, limpar was right hand side,,,,

I remember Limpar bombing towards the gwladys on that main stand side of the pitch more often than not.

I think people confuse the 94/95 and the 95/96 season a lot - but Hinchcliffe was very much our Left Back for large portions of both seasons

March 29, 2013, 07:23:54 AM
Reply #28

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Back in the 90's, it seemed every player we had called up for England got a career ending injury. Ian Snodin was the first in the late 80's, then Joe, and there was someone else as well, but the name's just escaped me.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

March 29, 2013, 01:35:57 PM
Reply #29

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Parkinson was brilliant as was Limpar.  
this Parkinson by far the best midfielder of the lot  :hail:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 01:36:43 PM by Polledreng »