November 24, 2017, 09:01:46 PM

Author Topic: 1995 Cup Final v Today  (Read 2840 times)

March 29, 2013, 02:03:35 PM
Reply #30

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I remember Limpar bombing towards the gwladys on that main stand side of the pitch more often than not.

I think people confuse the 94/95 and the 95/96 season a lot - but Hinchcliffe was very much our Left Back for large portions of both seasons

There was that period when we had Hinch at LM and then 3 CMs of Horne, Ebbrell and Parkinson with no-one really on the right.

deCoubertin

March 29, 2013, 03:25:35 PM
Reply #31

sharpattack

I thought Stuart was very very average

Limpar was unbelievably frustrating but yeah he would make a squad player now
Agree that Stuart was very average, as for Limpar, he'd be the first name on the teamsheet every week. The tragedy of Joe Royle was that he rarely played Limpar and Kanchelskis together
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

March 29, 2013, 04:32:21 PM
Reply #32

Trowel

Limpar was painfully hot and cold - he was never as consistent for us as he was at Arsenal.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

March 29, 2013, 11:01:15 PM
Reply #33

charlatan

Your having a nightmare there Jimbo, Limpar was the most skillful player we'd had since the mid 80's, and possibly since,

Parkinson was on his way to becoming an Everton great, before injury finished him, just like Bracewell before him.  He was the becoming the complete midfielder, mobile, physically strong, good on the ball, and hard as fucking nails.

April 05, 2013, 05:43:25 AM
Reply #34

Ramjam

Let's not forget Amocatchies goals against spurs put us in that final, I know he was a bit of a lazy bastard but he knew where the net was when he could be bothered, a bit like the yak. I agree that Parkinson wads class and hard but he did struggle with his weight just like Gibson
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

April 05, 2013, 05:44:44 AM
Reply #35

Gash

Global Moderator
Amocatchies  lolol

April 05, 2013, 02:50:24 PM
Reply #36

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Agree that Stuart was very average, as for Limpar, he'd be the first name on the teamsheet every week. The tragedy of Joe Royle was that he rarely played Limpar and Kanchelskis together

My 13 year old brain utterly failed to comprehend this situation. Especially when 5 man midfields were becoming popular.

April 05, 2013, 04:03:19 PM
Reply #37

velimski

April 06, 2013, 02:20:54 AM
Reply #38

Jimbo and the Jetset

Life as an Evertonian isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain.

April 06, 2013, 12:05:02 PM
Reply #39

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Love the Amocatchies. Brilliant spelling Ramjam
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 06, 2013, 01:56:41 PM
Reply #40

Toddacelli

Stuart was average but very effective, like Cahill in a lot of ways

Sent from Tsort

Think you're doing Timmy a massive disservice there.

I know what you're saying but I'd say more like Gibson - kept play ticking over without seemingly doing anything spectacular.

Yes Timmy had his limits, but they were still far, far above Stuart's.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

April 06, 2013, 03:13:17 PM
Reply #41

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Think you're doing Timmy a massive disservice there.

I know what you're saying but I'd say more like Gibson - kept play ticking over without seemingly doing anything spectacular.

Yes Timmy had his limits, but they were still far, far above Stuart's.

Cahill never ran, and ran, and ran, and ran. Albeit for Chelsea.
Although Cahill did score a wonder goal of his own against Chelsea.

April 06, 2013, 06:13:56 PM
Reply #42

charlatan

Stuart was shite and barely more than a workhorse