November 20, 2017, 12:07:44 AM

Author Topic: Tottenham v Everton  (Read 29353 times)

April 04, 2013, 12:06:38 AM
Reply #15

Heisenberg

Its not so much 3 at the back. Its more like 5 when were defending, 3 when attacking, centre mids filling in if needed. If done right anyway

April 04, 2013, 12:53:02 AM
Reply #16

Ridge

Spurs have lost their last 3 matches on a sunday which followed a thursday Europa game.

April 04, 2013, 01:25:42 AM
Reply #17

Tinga

Spurs have lost their last 3 matches on a sunday which followed a thursday Europa game.

Oh well that settles it then.  ;)

I honestly can't see us getting anything out of this game, sadly.

April 04, 2013, 01:27:14 AM
Reply #18

Dario Terracotta

Lets have these on toast blues!!! ;D

April 04, 2013, 01:37:42 AM
Reply #19

Shogun

Administrator
The one good thing about Defoe being out is that apart from Youngsters and possibly Dempsey then they only have Adebayor up front. They play on Thursday, Sunday then Thursday so it'll be interesting to see what AVB does.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 04, 2013, 03:53:16 AM
Reply #20

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
AVB will field the strongest side possible against us. He wants CL.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

April 04, 2013, 08:36:47 AM
Reply #21

Ridge

AVB has played almost the same team when he has played at home in both games a few days apart.

But it really doesn't matter, games like this define our season. If we can't beat Spurs on their patch, then we can't expect to contend too much. One game doesn't make a season until late on, and the win against City should give us confidence.

A loss here wouldn't totally end hopes of top 4 finish, but neither would a win here make it so. But if we can win a few important games, we are in a very strong position.

April 04, 2013, 05:59:00 PM
Reply #22

glynn_parry

If we lose at spurs and Arse/Chelsea win, we can wave goodbye CL. It would take a minor miracle to claw back the points probably requiring a win in every remaining fixture!
the dogs of war

April 05, 2013, 01:13:04 AM
Reply #23

Thornton_19

We'll beat these I feel then lose at home to QPR and have all the hard work undone.

I'd take a draw though that being said, this result is meaningless unless we back it up with a strong home run in and a decent return from Arsenal and Chelsea.

April 05, 2013, 01:56:47 AM
Reply #24

Danny

Really we should be able to play with the 3 CB's if we get caught on the counter Distin and Jagielka are both rapid so should be able to protect us. In reality though I would be worried about playing that system against Spurs especially considering we've been doing well against them in recent years with our "normal" formation.

April 05, 2013, 02:34:03 AM
Reply #25

New Free Transfer Signing

Lennon injured now, along with Defoe.... This is good news, but is a Bale injury too much to ask for?

April 05, 2013, 02:35:34 AM
Reply #26

Amata

Aaron Lennon just gone off injured, hopefully that keeps him out of Sundays tie as any loss of pace they have is good for us.
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

April 05, 2013, 02:43:32 AM
Reply #27

cantoffee

Yea without being too evil, a few injuries to Bale and Dembele would be helpful.

April 05, 2013, 03:01:57 AM
Reply #28

glynn_parry

Lennon out would be bigger than Defoe for me he's been class this season. I'd imagine that might mean Dempsey up front against us and Bale out wide again?
the dogs of war

April 05, 2013, 03:33:40 AM
Reply #29

Dr. Sponge

I think Bale will be played centrally against us, which I'll be pleased about. They have possibly the best and quickest left winger in the world, and play him through the middle where there's less space.