October 14, 2019, 02:48:32 PM

Author Topic: Tottenham v Everton  (Read 46779 times)

April 07, 2013, 10:10:41 PM
Read 46779 times

toshyboy

aaaaarrggggggghhh
How can people not see how moyes' tactics cost us - he's useless tactical wise in the last 10mins - we've lost far too many points from winning positions in the last 10 mins normally directly after a negative sub -  its gotta be at least 3 games weve lost winning positions after hes brought a defender on for a striker in last 5 and todays not the first time the naismith for mirallas substitution has cost us - yes naismith wasnt directly involved in equaliser but its the negativity the tactics/subs send to the other player - i text my mate with 15 to go and said nasmith for mirallas any min and we'll draw or lose - it pains me to say it but it was fuckin obvious it was going to happen

April 07, 2013, 10:14:40 PM
Reply #1

toshyboy

Can't believe spurs had most of the play at home losing by one goal with 20 minutes to go. How dare they? boooooooooooooooo Moyes boooooooooooooo
they did indeed which is why we shouldnt sit deep and invite the inevitable - mirallas shouldve stayed on to give us a threat on the break or even have been replaced with oviedo so we had pace - as soon as naismith came on it was sit back and soak it up time - something weve continously failed to do all season

April 07, 2013, 10:18:36 PM
Reply #2

toshyboy

So why was Naismith to blame for the goal?

Very simplistic view but I guess the majority of the clueless knee jerkers on here need someone to blame.
read my post - i didnt say naismith was to blame no i never
how the fuck am i a clueless kneejerker? Did we or did we not make a negative/defensive substitution and did we or did we not sit too deep and concede an equaliser? 1 game fair enough but this has happened on numerous occasions this season - we cant drop deep and defend a lead in last 10

April 07, 2013, 10:23:23 PM
Reply #3

toshyboy

Nearly every team in the league drops deep and defends a lead in the last 10 minutes away from home. We look to catch them on the break.

And we nearly did with Anichebe and Jelavic both getting chances.
and with 10 to go we took off our most effective counter attacking player i.e mirallas

April 07, 2013, 10:33:42 PM
Reply #4

toshyboy

The standards of some are far too low.

We shouldn't be happy with a point against a team like Spurs anymore, they sure as hell aren't.

This acceptance of mediocrity really needs to stop, every game we draw with teams around us with whom we are competing for top 4/5 places should be looked at as points dropped and nothing more.
Thank you - its really gets me down with the small time mentality of our fans sometimes

April 07, 2013, 10:35:51 PM
Reply #5

toshyboy

He had just got himself booked and hasn't completed 90 minutes since coming back from injury. I don't think Moyes wants to risk him pulling a muscle, especially as he was a doubt for this game.

I would say that our counter-attacking was still quite good given the chances we created in the last 10 minutes.

why not bring oviedo on then or somebody with pace - naismith was not brought on for counter attacking he was brought on for defensive reason = negative tactics.

Spurs were there to be had on the break

April 07, 2013, 10:38:15 PM
Reply #6

toshyboy

Yes, as soon as we stop accepting "mediocrity" we will definitely make the Champions League. That's what's holding us back, not a lack of transfer funds and small squad.

When the have Defoe, Bale, and Lennon out, they can call on Sigurdsson, Dempsey and Adebayor. Which is about 30 millions pounds worth of transfer fees and very high wages. With Fellaini and Pienaar out we call upon Ross Barkley and John Heitinga.

Oh and people aren't happy with a point, but a draw away to Spurs at just about any other time of the year would be considered a good result.
thats an arguement for another day - based on what was out there today we showed we had enough to beat them - u cant blame the transfer budget for the last 5/10mins today

April 07, 2013, 10:39:39 PM
Reply #7

toshyboy

Also waiting for the obligatory, "doesn't NSNO mean anything anymore?" post.
Well i didnt want to say it but as youve brought it up im guessing it doesnt going off your posts

April 07, 2013, 10:41:21 PM
Reply #8

toshyboy

Exactly, the knee jerks don't see both sides, it's always about negativity. We had two of our best players out too and we don't have the depth spurs do so player for player I would say we were out matched so to come back from home with a point isn't amazing but I think it's acceptable and certainly isn't Moyes' fault.
All excuses you play the game on the day

April 07, 2013, 10:48:13 PM
Reply #9

toshyboy

Yes you can. If we had a better striker on the bench, or a better CM or a better winger it could have change the game.

Of course the team we put out was good enough to win the game. But the team Spurs put out was also good enough to win the game. Just because the team we put out is good enough to win the game doesn't mean they will.

Christ these are some very simplistic arguments.
spurs' bench was weaker than ours today - at the end of the day people are just accepting the draw cos it was spurs. Had this been against a qpr or a sunderland then im sure a lot more people would agree with mine and verms comments - Moyes seems to be exempt from criticism cos we played spurs - its an absolute joke

April 07, 2013, 11:08:21 PM
Reply #10

toshyboy

But it's not is it!!!! That's the fucking point!

so "your fucking point" is that we should only expect to see out our leads and beat the like of sunderland and qpr?

Fuckin joke we've gotta strive to be bigger and better than these teams in and around us regardless of budget and our tactics have got to reflect that.

April 07, 2013, 11:14:21 PM
Reply #11

toshyboy

There's a difference between being disappointed with dropping points in a game like today and looking at its context overall.

Everyone will be disappointed that we didn't win given how the game panned out.

But it's hardly a disgrace of a result.

I agree its not a disgrace of a result. My gripe is with the continued negative tactics employed by moyes in the last 10mins of games that we are leading. This "discussion" has escalated as people seem to think Moyes is exempt from criticism for his tactical shortfalls for today just because its spurs we played.
Its not just about today its has happened numerous times this season where we've lost points in the last 5mins after negative changes