September 22, 2019, 07:07:55 PM

Author Topic: Tottenham v Everton  (Read 46282 times)

April 07, 2013, 10:15:06 PM
Reply #315

Geordie Blue

Anichebe MOM easily - great work rate and powerhouse performance. So frustrating that we give such soft and avoidable goals away after working so hard.
"I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the kop. They never liked me doing that." Dixie Dean

April 07, 2013, 10:15:38 PM
Reply #316

American Evertonian

Its still on - Spurs have two very difficult games coming up - Felli and pienar back next game. Would have taken a point before the game and after the first minute. 21 points still avaliable - Arsenal a week weds is the big one

Just have to make sure we don't drop points at home to QPR next week. Important game to keep the faith of Europe alive.

A win today though could've done a lot for the squads confidence though.
Are we there yet?

April 07, 2013, 10:15:43 PM
Reply #317

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We didn't go deep we were pushed back by a team looking for an equaliser.  We played deeper first half! 

If Anichebe or Jelavic take their chances this is all moot it was unfortunate and it feels like points lost but it was a decent performance that could have gone either way.  Tactically Moyes got it wrong first half for me and right second.

April 07, 2013, 10:15:44 PM
Reply #318

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Glad you're up to speed with how the points system works. Nice one!

You sure do say a lot with out actually saying anything
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

April 07, 2013, 10:16:52 PM
Reply #319

Bily No Pace

You sure do say a lot with out actually saying anything

Yea ok pal, not sure what that means but nice one.
Bily No Pace has no signature

April 07, 2013, 10:17:52 PM
Reply #320

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Yea ok pal, not sure what that means but nice one.

Yeah, didn't think you would, not the quickest...
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

April 07, 2013, 10:18:09 PM
Reply #321

minty

And quoting him about sums up your knowledge of the game.

Spurs at home, down by 1 are always going to have more of the ball no matter who they play. In fact, Walker's run was because we had committed men forward, he had space to run into, Baines made a very poor defensive play and they got their chance.

The only mistake I can see from Moyes was not finding a way to help Baines deal with Walker who ripped him apart all game.

Like Oviedo on for Osman.

Don't see how anyone can argue Heitinga in midfield is not negative. Not saying that that is what cost us as he defended a lot better in the second half i think. However seems pretty reasonable to assume we'd have had more possession and not have had to go so long all the time if Hitz had been in there or Osman deeper and someone else alongside or behind Anichebe.

April 07, 2013, 10:18:16 PM
Reply #322

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Can we not to turn this thread into a nob off. 

April 07, 2013, 10:18:20 PM
Reply #323

Bily No Pace

Yeah, didn't think you would, not the quickest...

What's your job again?

April 07, 2013, 10:18:26 PM
Reply #324

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Have to beat Arsenal now

April 07, 2013, 10:18:36 PM
Reply #325

toshyboy

So why was Naismith to blame for the goal?

Very simplistic view but I guess the majority of the clueless knee jerkers on here need someone to blame.
read my post - i didnt say naismith was to blame no i never
how the fuck am i a clueless kneejerker? Did we or did we not make a negative/defensive substitution and did we or did we not sit too deep and concede an equaliser? 1 game fair enough but this has happened on numerous occasions this season - we cant drop deep and defend a lead in last 10

April 07, 2013, 10:18:38 PM
Reply #326

New Free Transfer Signing

Lot of hate for BNP on here recently....

April 07, 2013, 10:19:56 PM
Reply #327

Bily No Pace

Lot of hate for BNP on here recently....

ah it's only Verminator trying to act the big balls. He's all about the attention.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 10:20:20 PM by Bily No Pace »

April 07, 2013, 10:19:57 PM
Reply #328

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
read my post - i didnt say naismith was to blame no i never
how the fuck am i a clueless kneejerker? Did we or did we not make a negative/defensive substitution and did we or did we not sit too deep and concede an equaliser? 1 game fair enough but this has happened on numerous occasions this season - we cant drop deep and defend a lead in last 10

No we brought on a midfielder for a tired midfielder.  We were pushed back, we didn't intentionally sit deep.

April 07, 2013, 10:20:36 PM
Reply #329

cantoffee

Like Oviedo on for Osman.

Don't see how anyone can argue Heitinga in midfield is not negative. Not saying that that is what cost us as he defended a lot better in the second half i think. However seems pretty reasonable to assume we'd have had more possession and not have had to go so long all the time if Hitz had been in there or Osman deeper and someone else alongside or behind Anichebe.

Hitz gets overrun so easily in midfield when our opponents have possession. I think he would have been a poor choice to bring on.