August 20, 2019, 09:04:42 PM

Author Topic: Tottenham v Everton  (Read 44863 times)

April 07, 2013, 10:20:52 PM
Reply #330

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
ah it's only Verminator trying to act the big balls. He's all about the attention.

lolol

Every post you've ever made on this forum has been some kid of shit joke or sarcastic comment.

I haven't seen you offer up a single serious point about anything over your entire time here.

Yet I'm the attention seeker?

(Thanks for that, cheered me right up)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 10:22:20 PM by Verminator »
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

April 07, 2013, 10:21:41 PM
Reply #331

cantoffee

read my post - i didnt say naismith was to blame no i never
how the fuck am i a clueless kneejerker? Did we or did we not make a negative/defensive substitution and did we or did we not sit too deep and concede an equaliser? 1 game fair enough but this has happened on numerous occasions this season - we cant drop deep and defend a lead in last 10

Nearly every team in the league drops deep and defends a lead in the last 10 minutes away from home. We look to catch them on the break.

And we nearly did with Anichebe and Jelavic both getting chances.

April 07, 2013, 10:23:23 PM
Reply #332

toshyboy

Nearly every team in the league drops deep and defends a lead in the last 10 minutes away from home. We look to catch them on the break.

and with 10 to go we took off our most effective counter attacking player i.e mirallas

April 07, 2013, 10:24:32 PM
Reply #333

Trowel

This. I don't know what people expected - push everyone up to chase a 3rd against the best counter-attacking side in the land?
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

April 07, 2013, 10:25:47 PM
Reply #334

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
The standards of some are far too low.

We shouldn't be happy with a point against a team like Spurs anymore, they sure as hell aren't.

This acceptance of mediocrity really needs to stop, every game we draw with teams around us with whom we are competing for top 4/5 places should be looked at as points dropped and nothing more.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

April 07, 2013, 10:25:51 PM
Reply #335

cantoffee

and with 10 to go we took off our most effective counter attacking player i.e mirallas

He had just got himself booked and hasn't completed 90 minutes since coming back from injury. I don't think Moyes wants to risk him pulling a muscle, especially as he was a doubt for this game.

I would say that our counter-attacking was still quite good given the chances we created in the last 10 minutes.

April 07, 2013, 10:26:10 PM
Reply #336

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

The lad was fucked, he doesn't look a 90 minute player yet.  The only argument is whether Oviedo should have come on but as decent cover as he is, he is also rash imo.

April 07, 2013, 10:26:51 PM
Reply #337

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
 would have taken that at the start, but it tastes a little bitter now.

i think mirallas was only just passed fit wasn't he? would have been a gamble leaving him on, maybe the thinking was take him off, maybe we end up drawing, but if he's no good for the next 3 games cause he's injured then that would be even worse for us.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 07, 2013, 10:27:06 PM
Reply #338

minty

This. I don't know what people expected - push everyone up to chase a 3rd against the best counter-attacking side in the land?

Yeah Lennon, Bale and Defoe have been doing this to teams all season. Oh wait...

April 07, 2013, 10:28:34 PM
Reply #339

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah Lennon, Bale and Defoe have been doing this to teams all season. Oh wait...

Ahem are we going to ignore we had two of our best players out then?  Neither team was full strength and it showed in two patchy performances.

April 07, 2013, 10:28:52 PM
Reply #340

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

The 3 players that made them so good were injured for christ sake

April 07, 2013, 10:29:22 PM
Reply #341

cantoffee

The standards of some are far too low.

We shouldn't be happy with a point against a team like Spurs anymore, they sure as hell aren't.

This acceptance of mediocrity really needs to stop, every game we draw with teams around us with whom we are competing for top 4/5 places should be looked at as points dropped and nothing more.

Yes, as soon as we stop accepting "mediocrity" we will definitely make the Champions League. That's what's holding us back, not a lack of transfer funds and small squad.

When the have Defoe, Bale, and Lennon out, they can call on Sigurdsson, Dempsey and Adebayor. Which is about 30 millions pounds worth of transfer fees and very high wages. With Fellaini and Pienaar out we call upon Ross Barkley and John Heitinga.

Oh and people aren't happy with a point, but a draw away to Spurs at just about any other time of the year would be considered a good result.

April 07, 2013, 10:31:10 PM
Reply #342

Snipellis11

Yeah they were missing bale, defoe and lennon but we were missing felliani and piennar two of our best plays.

April 07, 2013, 10:31:47 PM
Reply #343

cantoffee

Also waiting for the obligatory, "doesn't NSNO mean anything anymore?" post.

April 07, 2013, 10:32:05 PM
Reply #344

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Yes, as soon as we stop accepting "mediocrity" we will definitely make the Champions League. That's what's holding us back, not a lack of transfer funds and small squad.

When the have Defoe, Bale, and Lennon out, they can call on Sigurdsson, Dempsey and Adebayor. Which is about 30 millions pounds worth of transfer fees and very high wages. With Fellaini and Pienaar out we call upon Ross Barkley and John Heitinga.

Oh and people aren't happy with a point, but a draw away to Spurs at just about any other time of the year would be considered a good result.

We have a squad good enough to be mixing it up with the likes of Spurs and Arsenal regardless.

I wish people would stop using the ridiculous excuse of lack of transfer funds. Moyes' biggest strength has been buying players at far under their value, we have more quality than a lot of sides who spend much more.