December 06, 2019, 05:18:37 AM

Author Topic: Tottenham v Everton  (Read 48417 times)

April 07, 2013, 08:17:29 PM
Read 48417 times

minty

Not sure it was anyone's fault. Ball came in at an awkward height. One of those things this time.

He should really have gone with his right foot- although a bad connection could have been an own goal..

April 07, 2013, 08:30:56 PM
Reply #1

minty

How did Walker get away without being booked??

Because you allowed to handball when it's 2 metres or so out of play.

April 07, 2013, 08:49:01 PM
Reply #2

minty

The Osman/Anichebe combination is looking less useful as the half has gone on. Would like to see Oviedo on for Heitinga and Osman deeper with either Barkley or Mirallas behind Anichebe.

April 07, 2013, 08:54:46 PM
Reply #3

minty

Spurs alot stronger in the tackle than us today. They seem able to walk around us at times.

I think Gibson is playing well- just heitinga is so slow that he can't really put on much pressure as they shift it round him.

April 07, 2013, 09:03:11 PM
Reply #4

minty

Our decision making at times is shocking.

We have been in some great situations there and picked the wrong pass.

Ross and Kevin look way off the pace.

Yes Osman keeps playing it back to Baines and ignoring the runs of Mirallas and Anichebe, Need someone behind the striker who is willing to try the more difficult ball.

April 07, 2013, 09:51:17 PM
Reply #5

minty

Jeez. Coleman looks a far better defender than Baines the last couple months. Had a feeling Anichebe's selfishness in not playing in a wide open Jelavic would come back to haunt us.

April 07, 2013, 10:18:09 PM
Reply #6

minty

And quoting him about sums up your knowledge of the game.

Spurs at home, down by 1 are always going to have more of the ball no matter who they play. In fact, Walker's run was because we had committed men forward, he had space to run into, Baines made a very poor defensive play and they got their chance.

The only mistake I can see from Moyes was not finding a way to help Baines deal with Walker who ripped him apart all game.

Like Oviedo on for Osman.

Don't see how anyone can argue Heitinga in midfield is not negative. Not saying that that is what cost us as he defended a lot better in the second half i think. However seems pretty reasonable to assume we'd have had more possession and not have had to go so long all the time if Hitz had been in there or Osman deeper and someone else alongside or behind Anichebe.

April 07, 2013, 10:27:06 PM
Reply #7

minty

This. I don't know what people expected - push everyone up to chase a 3rd against the best counter-attacking side in the land?

Yeah Lennon, Bale and Defoe have been doing this to teams all season. Oh wait...

April 07, 2013, 10:40:02 PM
Reply #8

minty

Exactly, the knee jerks don't see both sides, it's always about negativity. We had two of our best players out too and we don't have the depth spurs do so player for player I would say we were out matched so to come back from home with a point isn't amazing but I think it's acceptable and certainly isn't Moyes' fault.

You really think so? I'd take our back 4 over theirs and Anichebe is probably in better form than Adebayor at the moment. Mirallas is arguably also the best midfielder out of the lot who were on the park and according to some, Osman is one of our players of the season. So not sure how you see us as being outmatched.

April 07, 2013, 11:53:44 PM
Reply #9

minty

I should also point out that you are using one player as an example which doesn't necessarily represent the rule.

For every Gareth Bale that is bought for decent money at 17 or 18, there are 4 or 5 others that never repay their fee.

Even a team like Spurs, that has generally bought very well, have a huge number of duds.

Look at Kyle Naughton, only this year is he getting any time on the pitch and it's not much. They paid 6 million for him.

Other shit transfers:

David Bentley 17 million
Bassong 8 million
Alan Hutton 9 million
Dos Santos 4 million

And a litany of players we've never heard of for between 2 and 4 million because they never made it.

4 players from 4-6 seasons ago. I guess we've also had loads of shit transfers/a huge number of duds/players who haven't or won't repay their fees.

Yakubu
Bily
Van Der Meyde
Kroldrup
Heitinga (are we going to get anywhere near 6mil for him?)