October 24, 2019, 01:55:32 AM

Author Topic: Tottenham v Everton  (Read 47162 times)

April 07, 2013, 10:39:39 PM
Reply #360

toshyboy

Also waiting for the obligatory, "doesn't NSNO mean anything anymore?" post.
Well i didnt want to say it but as youve brought it up im guessing it doesnt going off your posts

April 07, 2013, 10:39:48 PM
Reply #361

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
thats an arguement for another day - based on what was out there today we showed we had enough to beat them - u cant blame the transfer budget for the last 5/10mins today

No you can blame two depleted teams ultimately cancelling each other out.

April 07, 2013, 10:40:02 PM
Reply #362

minty

Exactly, the knee jerks don't see both sides, it's always about negativity. We had two of our best players out too and we don't have the depth spurs do so player for player I would say we were out matched so to come back from home with a point isn't amazing but I think it's acceptable and certainly isn't Moyes' fault.

You really think so? I'd take our back 4 over theirs and Anichebe is probably in better form than Adebayor at the moment. Mirallas is arguably also the best midfielder out of the lot who were on the park and according to some, Osman is one of our players of the season. So not sure how you see us as being outmatched.

April 07, 2013, 10:40:06 PM
Reply #363

Bily No Pace

It's irrelevant because good deals have made it that way.

More money would push us even further, sure, but that doesn't mean we still aren't capable of top 4/5 without it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 10:40:49 PM by Bily No Pace »
Bily No Pace has no signature

April 07, 2013, 10:40:29 PM
Reply #364

cantoffee

Stop looking at how much each team has spent, it's fucking irrelevant

Should QPR be above us?

Is Leighton Baines still a £5m player?
Is Jagielka worth £4m?
Is Mirallas worth £6m?

I could go on...

Fucking hell are you mad? Irrelevant? It clearly correlates directly to a team's performance over an extended period of time. Of course QPR aren't going to be above us, they have been spending big for 1 or 2 years and started with a far inferior squad.

Spurs have been spending money for years and years, and eventually it brought them into the Champions League and they have built a big squad with it.

Just because we've done well in the transfer market doesn't make it irrelevant. If anything it points to how well we've done given our resources. But their are limits to this. We can't afford to buy proven, top-level players that would give us that extra push we probably need.

April 07, 2013, 10:41:21 PM
Reply #365

toshyboy

Exactly, the knee jerks don't see both sides, it's always about negativity. We had two of our best players out too and we don't have the depth spurs do so player for player I would say we were out matched so to come back from home with a point isn't amazing but I think it's acceptable and certainly isn't Moyes' fault.
All excuses you play the game on the day

April 07, 2013, 10:42:46 PM
Reply #366

cantoffee

thats an arguement for another day - based on what was out there today we showed we had enough to beat them - u cant blame the transfer budget for the last 5/10mins today

Yes you can. If we had a better striker on the bench, or a better CM or a better winger it could have change the game.

Of course the team we put out was good enough to win the game. But the team Spurs put out was also good enough to win the game. Just because the team we put out is good enough to win the game doesn't mean they will.

Christ these are some very simplistic arguments.

April 07, 2013, 10:42:58 PM
Reply #367

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

April 07, 2013, 10:43:55 PM
Reply #368

cantoffee

Well i didnt want to say it but as youve brought it up im guessing it doesnt going off your posts

Yes nothing but the best is good enough. But guess what this is the real world not some fantasy football dreamland where we buy cheap players and dominate the league. Being realistic does not mean not wanting the best, but being the best requires real money not a motto.

April 07, 2013, 10:43:55 PM
Reply #369

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

Fucking hell are you mad? Irrelevant? It clearly correlates directly to a team's performance over an extended period of time. Of course QPR aren't going to be above us, they have been spending big for 1 or 2 years and started with a far inferior squad.

Spurs have been spending money for years and years, and eventually it brought them into the Champions League and they have built a big squad with it.

Just because we've done well in the transfer market doesn't make it irrelevant. If anything it points to how well we've done given our resources. But their are limits to this. We can't afford to buy proven, top-level players that would give us that extra push we probably need.

It's irrelevant to the outcome of a single game though.

All that matters then is the quality in each side, not how much it cost.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

April 07, 2013, 10:48:13 PM
Reply #370

toshyboy

Yes you can. If we had a better striker on the bench, or a better CM or a better winger it could have change the game.

Of course the team we put out was good enough to win the game. But the team Spurs put out was also good enough to win the game. Just because the team we put out is good enough to win the game doesn't mean they will.

Christ these are some very simplistic arguments.
spurs' bench was weaker than ours today - at the end of the day people are just accepting the draw cos it was spurs. Had this been against a qpr or a sunderland then im sure a lot more people would agree with mine and verms comments - Moyes seems to be exempt from criticism cos we played spurs - its an absolute joke

April 07, 2013, 10:49:04 PM
Reply #371

Bily No Pace

a qpr or a sunderland then im sure a lot more people would agree with mine and verms comments

But it's not is it!!!! That's the fucking point!
Bily No Pace has no signature

April 07, 2013, 10:49:45 PM
Reply #372

Jimbo and the Jetset

Football karma.
Remember we were 1-0 down at Goodison in December into the 90th minute.
Robbed them that day, fair result today when all said and done.
Life as an Evertonian isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain.

April 07, 2013, 10:49:57 PM
Reply #373

Geordie Blue

Spot on - a point away from home against a Top 4 side is always a good point. DM just given manager of month again - with seven games to go still up there with Europe in our own hands. Best bet would probably be to sack the clueless tool and get in someone decent with a bit of ambition - honestly!
"I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the kop. They never liked me doing that." Dixie Dean

April 07, 2013, 10:50:16 PM
Reply #374

cantoffee

It's irrelevant to the outcome of a single game though.

All that matters then is the quality in each side, not how much it cost.

Yes and the quality of a team is directly related to the money that team spends.

Yes we could have won that game, but saying it is irrelevant in an individual is nonsensical. You could say that in each individual game all season, but in the end quality is determined largely by the ability to spend in the transfer market.

I am not saying that a draw in this game is fine, or that we should accept it. But quite frankly the overreaction on here about getting a point away to Spurs is over the top.

We had the quality to win that game, but overall we played a good game and being realistic a point is not a bad result. Yes winning that game would have been huge for a push for 4th but drawing doesn't leave us much worse off than we were before the weekend.