October 17, 2017, 02:57:13 PM

Author Topic: "Champions League your having a laugh"  (Read 1981 times)

April 16, 2013, 05:22:19 AM
Read 1981 times

the doc

Anyone remember this chant when we lost to Arsenal 7-0 just after we qualified for the Champions league, I would love it if our fans could sing this tomorrow night instead! The difference between the 2 teamsheets then and now is amazing!

deCoubertin

April 16, 2013, 06:26:10 AM
Reply #1

Thornton_19

Alright, I'll start. Poor shout that mate, poor shout.

April 16, 2013, 11:33:47 AM
Reply #2

Cods

Sorry, wrong thread.

April 16, 2013, 02:45:44 PM
Reply #3

Trowel

Perhaps wait until we're 7-0 up first.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

April 16, 2013, 03:09:32 PM
Reply #4

phillyt

Thought it was started by Newcastle fans?
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

April 16, 2013, 03:17:26 PM
Reply #5

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Strangely the club used the slogan 'Champions League were having a laugh' on the official season review dvd.

Lets hope if we do make it again to the qualifier we don't get the hardest draw possible
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:23:12 PM by Sir Stealth »
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

April 16, 2013, 04:29:57 PM
Reply #6

dangermouse

Strangely the club used the slogan 'Champions League were having a laugh' on the official season review dvd.

Lets hope if we do make it again to the qualifier we don't get the hardest draw possible

Lets hope if we do make it again to the qualifier we don't get done over by uefa
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

April 16, 2013, 07:25:47 PM
Reply #7

Bob Sacamano

Pretty sure I remember UEFA admitting there was a mistake in the draw and we shouldn't have been drawn Villarreal.

April 16, 2013, 07:38:51 PM
Reply #8

DEL PIERO

Pretty sure I remember UEFA admitting there was a mistake in the draw and we shouldn't have been drawn Villarreal.

don't remember that. I remember just being made up we did not draw Liverpool (not sure if same country protection existed in this case) - there would have been chaos if they had put us out.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 07:39:29 PM by DEL PIERO »
everton are magic

April 16, 2013, 07:45:10 PM
Reply #9

Ross

Surely not?  That would have left them wide open to us seeking compensation for their negligence and our lack of potential earnings.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 16, 2013, 08:00:17 PM
Reply #10

Major Clanger

Lay off the beak.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

April 16, 2013, 08:03:24 PM
Reply #11

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The whole Collina thing still dosent sit right with me, something was going on there

April 16, 2013, 08:20:20 PM
Reply #12

DEL PIERO

The whole Collina thing still dosent sit right with me, something was going on there

yes it was. "roll up, roll up, 'the worlds greatest referee' back for one night only!, no we don't want 5 English teams in the champions league but were clean - it's collina - wanna argue about his integrity?"

there was an early booking for not much at all (kilbane???) and it gave the impression that should we threaten then things could get hard for us. that's before the disallowed goal.

still messed up big time at goodison though.
everton are magic

April 16, 2013, 10:19:16 PM
Reply #13

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
As much as I hate Collina for that game, the blame mainly lies with us being utterly shite for 90 mins at Goodison and the first 60mins in Spain

Even if we would have got to the group stage we would have been hammered anyway as we were awful all of that season pretty much
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!