November 20, 2017, 03:28:25 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland v Everton  (Read 23264 times)

April 21, 2013, 02:19:10 PM
Reply #375

Heisenberg

Why is it fair if it stops a goal/goal scoring opportunity?

If it's deliberate how is it different from someone trying to make a tackle but ending up bringing someone down?
Most blues would be raging if howard got sent off. Its clutching at straws, we just got beat by the better team

April 21, 2013, 02:51:49 PM
Reply #376

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Most blues would be raging if howard got sent off. Its clutching at straws, we just got beat by the better team

I'm not talking about this game.

I'm talking about the rule.

Why is the rule fair?

It's the only incident where a deliberate indiscretion that prevents a goal/scoring opportunity isn't punished with a red card.

As I said it's anomalous.

April 21, 2013, 03:06:45 PM
Reply #377

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
In fairness to Distin, our supporters do tend to take defeat really bad!there is always a massive twitter meltdown, he should have learned now to delete his account. He is also usually in our top few performers each game

Still he is making more money per week than most of our fans do in a year. As long as there is no physical or racist abuse he should probably just keep his mouth shut and accept it!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

April 21, 2013, 03:27:58 PM
Reply #378

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
In fairness to Distin, our supporters do tend to take defeat really bad!there is always a massive twitter meltdown, he should have learned now to delete his account. He is also usually in our top few performers each game

Still he is making more money per week than most of our fans do in a year. As long as there is no physical or racist abuse he should probably just keep his mouth shut and accept it!

I think he's within his rights to respond.

If you're on twitter and say something to him then expect something back.

There are always the morons who put every defeat down to a lack of effort. The most annoying thing is they're usually the same morons who spend most of the game thinking that loads of the players are rubbish.

April 21, 2013, 03:36:04 PM
Reply #379

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I think he's within his rights to respond.

If you're on twitter and say something to him then expect something back.

There are always the morons who put every defeat down to a lack of effort. The most annoying thing is they're usually the same morons who spend most of the game thinking that loads of the players are rubbish.

Oh loads over-react. For the most part yesterday I think many of the players were just physically exhausted, the goal came from an error we made and that would prove decisive in the end

Second half we dominated and they barely had a sniff. We were playing a side with their tails up who had more time to rest and prepare than us before the game, it was always going to be tough

Our gamechangers (Pienaar, Mirallas particularly) had off days. Was just really frustrating that we barely created any chances (and I mean real chances before Major Clanger gives me his definition of a chance  ;))
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!