November 22, 2017, 05:25:01 PM

Author Topic: fergie retires, Moyes goes to United?  (Read 59903 times)

May 08, 2013, 04:35:59 AM
Reply #15

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Would be great if he got it. Don't think he will though. Mourinho will be favourite.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 08, 2013, 04:35:59 AM
Reply #16

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Is red cafe like red tube?

Simply simply lovely

May 08, 2013, 04:36:07 AM
Reply #17

Gash

Global Moderator
Because they know the talent of the man. And they are not so short sighted to realise that considering the resources at his disposal, Moyes is exceptional.

And with their resources I just don't see them going for Moyes, they could have any manager in the world.

May 08, 2013, 04:36:20 AM
Reply #18

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Would be great if he got it. Don't think he will though. Mourinho will be favourite.
chelsea tho..... Surely?

Simply simply lovely

May 08, 2013, 04:37:17 AM
Reply #19

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
chelsea tho..... Surely?

Who knows with Mourinho
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 08, 2013, 04:37:56 AM
Reply #20

Gash

Global Moderator
Lads on redcafe are mortified... First quote was

'moyes can fuck off'

I thought they'd be happy!

May 08, 2013, 04:38:25 AM
Reply #21

Gash

Global Moderator
Is red cafe like red tube?

Aye, full of tits and cunts!

May 08, 2013, 04:39:23 AM
Reply #22

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
If someone went to Newcastle now, would you expect them to win something in ten years having to sell to buy?

Thats the position we were in when Moyes took over.

I'm not knocking him for that but why take a gamble on someone like Moyes when you could get a Mourinho or any other top manager around?

You'd have to look at all the times we have cracked under pressure and ask yourself if he could handle a hundred times more pressure in that job, where he's be following probably one of the best managers of all time. But then why would you even gamble if you were the Glazers?
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

May 08, 2013, 04:40:59 AM
Reply #23

Cods

Potential is one thing but it's a hell of a gamble to put a manager with no kind of record at the very highest level of football in one of the biggest management jobs in football.
So all top managers who win stuff start at a top club, and have all won something previously? 

What competitions apart from the league and FA cup can any English club from 5th down aspire realistically to win?

Winning a competition is irrelevant to the skills a manager such as Moyes possesses. 

If Moyes was given the transfer budget equivalent of any of the top 3, then yes, winning something within 3-4 years should realistically expected.

May 08, 2013, 04:42:21 AM
Reply #24

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

May 08, 2013, 04:42:56 AM
Reply #25

Cods

Moyes has moved from 7/1 to 7/4on favorite.

May 08, 2013, 04:44:36 AM
Reply #26

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Verms point isn't that Moyes couldn't do it.  Neither is he indicating Moyes is shit.

He's bob on in that it is highly unlikely that they wouldn't go for a bigger name, purely in terms of maintaining the brand that is important.  Ferguson would have to have a massive say for Moyes to be a favourite.

May 08, 2013, 04:45:53 AM
Reply #27

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
So all top managers who win stuff start at a top club, and have all won something previously? 

What competitions apart from the league and FA cup can any English club from 5th down aspire realistically to win?

Winning a competition is irrelevant to the skills a manager such as Moyes possesses. 

If Moyes was given the transfer budget equivalent of any of the top 3, then yes, winning something within 3-4 years should realistically expected.

Again though, if you have the resources to go for any manager on Earth, why would you pick David Moyes?

I'm not knocking him, but if you can't say he's in the top few managers in the world bar Ferguson then you haven't got much of an argument.

"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

May 08, 2013, 04:46:14 AM
Reply #28

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Moyes has moved from 7/1 to 7/4on favorite.

Was also favourite for the Spurs job at one point wasn't he?

May 08, 2013, 04:47:55 AM
Reply #29

Cods

I'm not knocking him for that but why take a gamble on someone like Moyes when you could get a Mourinho or any other top manager around?

In the same way 10 years ago Everton took a huge risk on an unheralded 38 year old who was manager of lowly Preston?