November 24, 2017, 10:54:58 PM

Author Topic: fergie retires, Moyes goes to United?  (Read 60031 times)

May 08, 2013, 05:09:36 AM
Reply #60

Major Clanger

Nothing but he was already a coach at Barca wasn't he?  plus he'd played for them before

Reserve coach, yes. A bloke with zero managerial experience.

All I'm saying is that unless you know what Ferguson thinks of other managers, it's rather pointless trying to second-guess who'll follow him.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

May 08, 2013, 05:11:18 AM
Reply #61

Shogun

Administrator
just give them Steve Round.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

May 08, 2013, 05:11:21 AM
Reply #62

Gash

Global Moderator
I'd also expect Ferguson to want to announce it himself rather than some souless statement from the club at 11.30 on a Tuesday night?

May 08, 2013, 05:13:19 AM
Reply #63

Gash

Global Moderator
Reserve coach, yes. A bloke with zero managerial experience.

All I'm saying is that unless you know what Ferguson thinks of other managers, it's rather pointless trying to second-guess who'll follow him.

Tell that to the bookies, they started all this. :)

May 08, 2013, 05:16:11 AM
Reply #64

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Why is this in the Everton forum anyway? There's nothing solid anywhere that Moyes will go to utd.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

May 08, 2013, 05:18:18 AM
Reply #65

Baines Is Ace

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but with Benitez hinting at Mourinho re-joining Chelsea do you think maybe Utd Board have made an executive decision to go after the special one so they can get him before he's snagged into a contract by Chelsea and maybe forcing Fergie to retire! Utd is still a business after all and more and more often you see boards showing no loyalty to those who've served them well!

May 08, 2013, 05:19:11 AM
Reply #66

Gash

Global Moderator
Why is this in the Everton forum anyway? There's nothing solid anywhere that Moyes will go to utd.

If we moved every thread that speculated there wouldn't be much on here.

May 08, 2013, 05:28:21 AM
Reply #67

Major Clanger

Tell that to the bookies, they started all this. :)

As far as I know, they just reacted to a flurry of bets placed on Moyes.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

May 08, 2013, 05:32:12 AM
Reply #68

Gash

Global Moderator
As far as I know, they just reacted to a flurry of bets placed on Moyes.

Yeah, two days ago. Makes you wonder why it's taken until today to kick off?

It's all over the BBC Gossip column for tomorrow morning, although nothing specifically mentions Moyes.

May 08, 2013, 05:36:56 AM
Reply #69

Gash

Global Moderator
Not sure if this has already been mentioned but with Benitez hinting at Mourinho re-joining Chelsea do you think maybe Utd Board have made an executive decision to go after the special one so they can get him before he's snagged into a contract by Chelsea and maybe forcing Fergie to retire! Utd is still a business after all and more and more often you see boards showing no loyalty to those who've served them well!

Doubt it, business is business but I just don't see them doing that?

If Moyes and Benitez were both available, which in theory they both will be in the summer, it's hard to see they'd go for Moyes?

Although Benitez at Old Trafford would be about as popular as he is at Stamford Bridge.

May 08, 2013, 06:08:10 AM
Reply #70

Cods

Rooney to Bayern. It must be on.

May 08, 2013, 06:20:32 AM
Reply #71

Azz

Dan Roan ‏@danroan
Hearing there could be a Utd statement as early as 10am tomorrow. Club officials on standby

Dun dun dunnnnn.

And...

Oliver Holt ‏@OllieHolt22
Bit of information re:Moyes. He spent several hours in meetings today poring over Everton transfer targets for next season.

Oliver Holt ‏@OllieHolt22
Would he be doing that if he was about to head to United? Maybe.

May 08, 2013, 06:21:56 AM
Reply #72

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
So he can take the information to Utd and pinch those targets...
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

May 08, 2013, 06:22:39 AM
Reply #73

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Im with Cods here, think its going to happen, think it has been on the cards for quite some time. Fergie has a hard on for Moyes, Utd will go with who he wants, not necessarily the obvious type on the European merry go round.

As a disclaimer, and to give myself some room to manoeuvre, I will point out I have had 2 bottles of fine Chablis this evening.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

May 08, 2013, 08:25:11 AM
Reply #74

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Ferguson has praised Moyes before

He's also praised other managers...

He and Moyes are friends

He has other friends....
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."