November 24, 2017, 05:28:01 PM

Author Topic: Ball playing defenders  (Read 3793 times)

December 28, 2009, 11:11:19 PM
Read 3793 times

Chris

Administrator
Nice having Lucas Neill and Heitinga in there. Really composed on the ball both of them, not afraid to pass through the midfield or break forward when the time's right.

Both were quality today.

deCoubertin

December 28, 2009, 11:12:59 PM
Reply #1

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
The problem I have with both of them is that they do not stay tight enough on the strikers, allowing them time to set up play or turn and shoot. They both need to get tighter to their man. Agreed that they very composed in possession.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 28, 2009, 11:15:06 PM
Reply #2

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Yes, they certainly are good at finding a blue shirt with their distribution and I do like Neill's runs out of defence with the ball (provided it's not in daft areas).

December 28, 2009, 11:20:16 PM
Reply #3

cantoffee

Yes, they certainly are good at finding a blue shirt with their distribution and I do like Neill's runs out of defence with the ball (provided it's not in daft areas).

Yes, that definitely opens up the midfield for our players which is a big bonus. Finally a clean sheet!!

December 28, 2009, 11:31:13 PM
Reply #4

Haile GAZrselassie

heitinga gets plenty close enough to the strikers imo. lucas neil stands a mile off them and very rarely puts any sort of tackles in. i cant take to him at all.

dont want to see him anywhere near the team when jags, yobo and distin are back. and i dont want to see him anywhere near goodison or finch farm next season.

lazy, fat and disinterested.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

December 28, 2009, 11:44:08 PM
Reply #5

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
heitinga gets plenty close enough to the strikers imo. lucas neil stands a mile off them and very rarely puts any sort of tackles in. i cant take to him at all.

dont want to see him anywhere near the team when jags, yobo and distin are back. and i dont want to see him anywhere near goodison or finch farm next season.

Not sure what he's done to upset you MGP, but that's miles away from being true.

December 28, 2009, 11:55:23 PM
Reply #6

Haile GAZrselassie

not imo it's not risky mate. and i've made a special point of watching him closely since he's been here as i thought he was a mercenary before we signed him and didn't like the idea of bringing him here in the 1st place.

more often than not he comes off the pitch as clean as a whistle and that for me from a defender is nothing short of disgusting.

every time i see him bring the ball out of defence my heart sinks as i know if we lose possesion captain cant be arsed is not going to bust a ball trying to get back. stands off his man all the time and looks scared of being hit by the ball so never throws himself at it.

what he does do well is distribute the ball well from the back. i'll grant everyone that.

but his actual defending is like that of a faggot.

December 29, 2009, 12:27:52 AM
Reply #7

Endless, Nameless

I think they both played well today, both defensively and in terms of positive passing. And as I mentioned earlier, Heitinga's last ditch challenge to stop an almost certain goal was amazing.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 29, 2009, 12:53:43 AM
Reply #8

KingdingalingNL

Strange for someone with a sixpack to be called fat?

December 29, 2009, 12:55:48 AM
Reply #9

Endless, Nameless

Strange for someone with a sixpack to be called fat?

Well maybe if he just drank one or two, instead of the whole six pack he'd be a bit fitter, eh?

:D
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 29, 2009, 01:11:57 AM
Reply #10

KingdingalingNL

Well maybe if he just drank one or two, instead of the whole six pack he'd be a bit fitter, eh?

:D
lolol

December 29, 2009, 01:20:42 AM
Reply #11

.Rimbo.

You've watched a different game to me today lads. I thought Heitinga and Neill, even if they had the odd pass in them, were mainly aiming for the alehouse with them kicks.

December 29, 2009, 01:34:44 AM
Reply #12

blueski

Neill put in a solid performance but to me it was that of a journeyman getting the job done nothing more. I did like seeing the two of them push the ball forward, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, it was Burnley after all.

Liked what I saw in Heitinga in a big way; he'll have his chance to prove himself by doing the same in our upcoming fixtures when he is truly tested by the likes of Arsenal and Citeh.
Nil Satis

December 29, 2009, 01:39:33 AM
Reply #13

Nabel

MGP, your an utter fucking idiot. thats all

December 29, 2009, 01:55:46 AM
Reply #14

Haile GAZrselassie

MGP, your an utter fucking idiot. thats all

is that so nabel you fucking cocksmoker. we've kept our first clean sheet in months. does that not tell you something about our defence? yes as a whole we've defended poorly but look at the goal against birmingha, neil standing off his man which allowed him the chance to shoot. against hull he was nothing above what you expect to see from someone who was tanked up the night before on your local rec ground.

the defence has been chopped and changed a lot all season but the one virtual constant has been lucas neil. and dont try and tell me that's because moyes WANTS to continue to select him, it's because his hand is being forced into it.

that to me tells me everything i need to know about why we've conceded the amount of goals we have. and particularly from set pieces where you would expect a man of 15 stone and 6ft plus to be gettin to the ball first.

if lucas neil is anywhere near our starting eleven in 6 weeks time when we have jags, distin and yobo to choose from, then you can call me a fucking idiot. if not, then go fuck yourself.

certainly at center half anyway.