November 18, 2017, 11:33:37 PM

Author Topic: Everton v West Ham  (Read 20056 times)

May 10, 2013, 06:03:28 PM
Reply #15

Gash

Global Moderator
I know the Beeb want to talk about Utd but he's not their manager yet.

It's the biggest job in English football and one of the biggest in the world, and he's just succeeded one of the greatest managers ever, you'd think they'd allow a couple of questions then move on?

All seems a bit petty to me.

May 10, 2013, 06:14:25 PM
Reply #16

Gash

Global Moderator
Saw this on the BBC website and near shit myself, just saw the words "Everton" and Sam Allardyce". That's not good for a person's heart or underwear.  :wag:

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce has no fresh injury concerns ahead of
Sunday's game at Everton.

Defensive duo James Tomkins (calf) and George McCartney (knee) are the
only absentees for the Hammers.

May 10, 2013, 07:25:21 PM
Reply #17

School of Science

It's the biggest job in English football and one of the biggest in the world, and he's just succeeded one of the greatest managers ever, you'd think they'd allow a couple of questions then move on?

Maybe Bills still in denial ;).for me my opinion just think this will turn out emarrassing for us,lets face it never mind contract details,David Moyes is the manager of manchester united and he's holding a press conference for the whole world to see as...Evertons manager ?.

Does anyone think he'll wear his old Everton trackie ? .Haha think were going to get a lot of stick over this Gash,thank fuck i'm on my 4 off !!
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

May 10, 2013, 07:25:39 PM
Reply #18

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

It'd be swamped with their questions though.

Given that he's staying for these games it makes sense to purely talk about these games.

There's hardly be any mention of them if they allowed Utd questions.

May 10, 2013, 07:32:17 PM
Reply #19

School of Science

Saw this on the BBC website and near shit myself, just saw the words "Everton" and Sam Allardyce". That's not good for a person's heart or underwear.  :wag:

Hahaha, just been on ssn Sam expects to sign a new contract with west ham this week,underwear sales everywhere on Mereyside have stabilised ;D
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

May 10, 2013, 08:18:53 PM
Reply #20

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Now Moyes is manager of Man Utd, do you think we'll get most of the decisions going our way these last two games? You ever know, he may finally break his duck against Chelsea in his last game...
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

May 10, 2013, 09:29:20 PM
Reply #21

Gash

Global Moderator
It'd be swamped with their questions though.

Given that he's staying for these games it makes sense to purely talk about these games.

There's hardly be any mention of them if they allowed Utd questions.

I don't really see that big a problem, the press conference doesn't really appear to have covered much about the game anyway and was probably never going to, regardless of what was and wasn't allowed?

Great opening question though.  :snigger:

Everton manager David Moyes begins with a short statement.

"I'm the manager of Everton Football Club at this present moment in time and have great respect for them so this news conference is about them."

After a brief pause the first question comes in: "West Ham on Sunday, any thoughts David?"

Moyes then laughed heartily.

May 10, 2013, 09:30:44 PM
Reply #22

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone got a video of that conference?

May 10, 2013, 09:33:44 PM
Reply #23

Gash

Global Moderator

May 10, 2013, 09:41:57 PM
Reply #24

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I don't really see that big a problem, the press conference doesn't really appear to have covered much about the game anyway and was probably never going to, regardless of what was and wasn't allowed?

Great opening question though.  :snigger:

Well the way it has panned out maybe proves we were right to do it.

At least it was about his time here largely.

The nationals who were there would have made it purely about the future.

May 11, 2013, 03:59:36 AM
Reply #25

New Free Transfer Signing

For those interested here is David Moyes' farewell programme notes for tomorrows game... (Sorry the majority shows up but I can't view the final couple of paragraphs)

May 11, 2013, 04:24:09 AM
Reply #26

Gash

Global Moderator
Reading that I decided to order the matchday programme. £3.75 well spent.

I must admit, as someone that wasn't Moyes biggest fan, I'm getting more and more sad about him going. I'm not worried about the future, I'm just quite sentimental at times and things likes this get to me a little, even though I'm never really one to be that bothered when someone leaves.

May 11, 2013, 04:44:39 AM
Reply #27

marky v

It's thing like that press conference that makes me wish he was just gone now, Man Utd circus at Everton for the next 2 weeks now,

It's things like them notes that'll make me miss him, credit to himself and the club

The Robert Earl AKA "The Phantom" Support must have been immense with all that time he has spent with us

May 11, 2013, 04:48:39 AM
Reply #28

Gash

Global Moderator
It's thing like that press conference that makes me wish he was just gone now, Man Utd circus at Everton for the next 2 weeks now,

Although I was critical of the press conference for not allowing any Man Utd questions, I thought it was really good and he came across as very humble and genuine in it.

May 11, 2013, 04:51:08 AM
Reply #29

marky v

I thought he handled it great aswell, it just makes me feel like whatever happens is nothing to do with us its all about Man Utd