November 23, 2017, 01:39:23 PM

Author Topic: 2013/2014 Squad  (Read 1897 times)

May 20, 2013, 06:11:26 PM
Read 1897 times

sharpattack

It remains to be seen who fills the manager's seat in GP but just as equally pressing is the need to overhaul the squad. The first game next season is on 17th August and if we have any, or all, of the following in the starting line-up we are in for a long, hard season.

Heitinga
Osman
Anichebe
Hibbert
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

deCoubertin

May 20, 2013, 06:20:34 PM
Reply #1

christiffa25

Heitinga out
The rest I have no problem with them being part of the squad.

More hoping that Naismith and jelavic are gone!

May 20, 2013, 06:27:49 PM
Reply #2

plumber

May 20, 2013, 06:29:07 PM
Reply #3

sharpattack

Heitinga out
The rest I have no problem with them being part of the squad.

More hoping that Naismith and jelavic are gone!
In this instance I was referring to the starting line-up. There might be a case for including the odd one in the squad but as starters next season, no thanks.
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

May 20, 2013, 06:33:29 PM
Reply #4

Makis

Osman? FFS.

May 20, 2013, 06:33:54 PM
Reply #5

AllyBlue14

Ossie can still do a good job and Vic has been playing much better recently (although we need someone much more prolific as our main striker).

I'd be reluctant to see any of them leave, with the exception of Heitinga if we could get decent money for a replacement, because they're the kind of players you need around the squad and are capable, experienced options to all on when necessary.

May 20, 2013, 06:36:17 PM
Reply #6

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Is this designed to provoke debate?or is it just to go over the same old things again? That you have boo boys you hate and you want to force your opinion on us again?

Personally, I'm getting sick of it
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

May 20, 2013, 06:37:01 PM
Reply #7

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I kinda agree with sharpy for once. If fellaini leaves money should be invested in cf cm cb

If fellaini stays that would mean no transfers really so our cm should be fellaini Gibson

I woold keep osman as a squad player tho

Simply simply lovely

May 20, 2013, 06:54:53 PM
Reply #8

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Is this designed to provoke debate?or is it just to go over the same old things again? That you have boo boys you hate and you want to force your opinion on us again?

Personally, I'm getting sick of it

Ooooooh Stealth getting angry!!  :love:
I have to return some videotapes.

May 20, 2013, 06:55:30 PM
Reply #9

Gash

Global Moderator

May 20, 2013, 07:00:10 PM
Reply #10

Trowel

The first game next season is on 17th August and if we have any, or all, of the following in the starting line-up we are in for a long, hard season.

sharpattack
Leslie Chow
The Roy Vernon Plan
ilikebrunettes

Completely agree.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

May 20, 2013, 07:00:58 PM
Reply #11

Thornton_19

You can look at it two ways, if we want to be serious contenders for top 4 i would say that these 4 players should not be in our first 11, however all of them are decent players for squad/cover use. None of them are as bad as some people would have you believe, but they are not as good as others suggest.

I would have no problem with knowing all 4 of them will be here next year, i would also have no problem if none of them were.

May 20, 2013, 08:04:38 PM
Reply #12

phillyt

Looking at as if I was a new manager coming in, if I reviewed the season is look at the squad as follows

Howard-decent keeper, could ref be replaced but not as a priority, with mucha going higher quality, young back up needed.

Baines- speaks for himself quality defensively and going forward decent profit in a sale tho. if we can keep him back up needed (garbutt?)

Jags- quality centerback and captain could be a saleable asset though, try to keep.

Distin- quality but at his age can he go full season? Keep but if possible replace in 1st team. Not priority.

Heitinga- good defender but needs a run in team worth a chance based on past performances but if he wants to leave let him.for decent price.

Duffy- close to being ready but not quite, maybe rotate with distin, half hour 20 minute sub appearance etc.

Hibbert- finished? Sell him. Lower prem team champs team would pay 1-2 million for him

Coleman- turning into right sided baines first choice RB

Stones-ready to step in as back.up? Take a look but keep position in mind maybe loan out to get Exp (keep Hibbo in this case)

Pienarr- past his best but still valuable squad player, and could possibly turn in good season, look to replace with pacier wide player in 1st team but keep as can play central as well.

Gibson- delicate thighs, knees mean can't be relied on. Should be replaced as 1st choice but get good ammount of game time.

Osman-ageing and off the back.of a decent season, 5 mill to lower prem, even foreign club.

Fellaini-new manager has to try keeping him play him as defensive mid. If not (assuming sell on has expired) look around 30 mill but should look to build team around him.

Barkley- if moyes wants him let him go if not good squad player will push first team

Mirralas- decent down tbe right but can come inside and finish. Possibly better in the center.

Jelavic-working hard but not scoring, take the burden off him, tell him not to stray outside width of the box should come good. If not offload/replace in jan.

Vic-a quandry here I like him, but I don't think.even with the extra effort he'd put in at times he is quite good enough, if lower prem/championship  side want  him sell for around 4 mill

Naismith-give him till jan. Play him centrally and see what happens. Decent movement and can finish but often confidence let's him down.

Gueye-sell 1-2 mill
Vellios- loan out or sell.

So priority purchase would be good strong midfielder. A striker , and a goslkeeper. Then if we can loan or get free. eft winger and  a right winger and replace any first team outgoings. 

Line up

Howard
Coleman jags duffy/distin baines

Felli.      New MF/gibson

New RW.                                 New LW/pienar

Mirralas/naismit

Jelavic

But untill the man is appointed we don't know who he will like and hate, how different he will be with players to moyes.  What formation/s he will use.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

May 20, 2013, 08:45:42 PM
Reply #13

Lincs Toffee

You have missed out Oviedo...in my opinion underused and underrated by Moyes, good back up for Baines, maybe even Pienaar.
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

May 20, 2013, 08:47:23 PM
Reply #14

Makis

You want to fill the two hardest positions in football, goalkeeper and goalscorer. Plenty of teams try, very few manage. It just occured to me today that our situation post-Big Nev was very similar to Manchester United's post-Schmeichel. Both bought several promising keepers none of which lasted long (Gerrad, Simonsen and Wright were all highly thought of at the time).

And every team on the planet wants a goalscorer. But guaranteed ones are way out of our league.