November 18, 2017, 10:00:34 PM

Author Topic: Cahill injured- Moyes to play Fellaini behind front man?  (Read 4005 times)

December 28, 2009, 11:21:28 PM
Read 4005 times

Thom

Administrator
We can all see how well Fellaini has done in the centre of midfield lately. He's looked dominant in the air and on the ground, and really has been showing the form that I, amongst others, knew he was capable of.

However, now that Cahill looks to have done his foot again, and with Neville getting back into the swing of things, will Moyes annoyingly shift Fellaini into the attacking midfield position? I really hope he doesn't, but we all know Moyes likes his 4-5-1 formation and he likes having someone with good heading ability up there to support Saha, Yakubu or whoever else is leading the line.

If anything, I'd like to see Vaughan given the chance to play up top with Saha or Yakubu. The chances of that are slim though, what with Saha nursing a hamstring injury, Jo being injured and Yakubu off to the ACN shortly.

What do we all think then? Would you like to see Moyes keep Fellaini in his current role, or is it inevitable that Neville will be back in the side with Fellaini pushed further forward?

deCoubertin

December 28, 2009, 11:23:32 PM
Reply #1

Chris

Administrator
Fellaini will get pushed further forward, he'll be less effective and the boo-boys will be back out.

Neville should slot into right back!

December 28, 2009, 11:26:20 PM
Reply #2

MexicanToffee

No, don't see it happening. Landon Donovan to the rescue.
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”

December 28, 2009, 11:26:23 PM
Reply #3

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
As  said in a previous post, I think this is likely. Would be a damn shame if it happens.

Moyes said that Fellaini is the best midfielder in the Premier League, so moving him out of there would be calling himself a hypocrite.

I think Osman should be played behind the striker with Fellaini and Neville in the middle. Vaughan from the bench or play 4-4-2 with Yak and Saha on.

The Yak worked hard today and gave off some very good passes. Set up Pienaar's goal too.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 28, 2009, 11:27:00 PM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 28, 2009, 11:27:18 PM
Reply #5

Flusky

December 28, 2009, 11:29:20 PM
Reply #6

Toffee_for_life

No one has read Moyes comments about Fellaini being the best midfielder in the country at the moment then?

I think he knows the big guy isn't a second striker plus he may very well be getting a little solution from across the pond in the form on Landon Donovan!

December 28, 2009, 11:32:08 PM
Reply #7

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
No one has read Moyes comments about Fellaini being the best midfielder in the country at the moment then?
I think he knows the big guy isn't a second striker plus he may very well be getting a little solution from across the pond in the form on Landon Donovan!

See my post above.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 28, 2009, 11:34:43 PM
Reply #8

Toffee_for_life

See my post above.

You posted while I was typing so I didn't see your insightful comments ;)

December 28, 2009, 11:35:23 PM
Reply #9

MexicanToffee

442 actually seems on the cards considering how well Fellaini, Osman and Pienaar are playing. If the flying russian can just show up a bit more often we would have no worries at all. Donovan and the king upfront.
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”

December 28, 2009, 11:35:24 PM
Reply #10

Blake

we'll have a bit of time to find out how long Cahill is out for. We do not have a league game until the 9th. i expect moyes to put a fairly strong team out in the Cup. But he will take the chance to have a look at Donovan etc, maybe rest anyone with a knock. Lets hope it is nothing serious, and Osman & Fellaini can continue in the centre in the league.

December 28, 2009, 11:41:55 PM
Reply #11

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Good game for Neville to get an extended run out too.

December 28, 2009, 11:45:31 PM
Reply #12

charlatan

Of course Fellaini will be pushed back up front.  Moyes will be able to play his favoured hoofball game again then  :headbang:

December 28, 2009, 11:46:51 PM
Reply #13

MexicanToffee

Cahill looked disconsolate when he trugged off. Doesn't bode well.

December 28, 2009, 11:52:07 PM
Reply #14

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
No it doesn't. Hope it's a 2 weeks out or so. Give him a rest he needs.