October 28, 2020, 05:37:48 PM

Poll

How does the shit new badge make you feel?

Angry
110 (56.4%)
Disgruntled
54 (27.7%)
Not arsed
24 (12.3%)
Like it as its dynamic, modern and recognisable.
7 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 194

Author Topic: New badge poll  (Read 67323 times)

May 26, 2013, 10:50:37 PM
Reply #195

maccavennie

Take notice and do what?

What are people realistically expecting to happen?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

regardless if they can do anything about it now, they will certainly take notice if 20,000 Everton fans show there dissatisfaction and disgust in it and threaten to boycott and future purchasing of merchandise.  Its easy to sit by and take it up the shitter and say "theres nothing we can do about it so I wont voice my disappointment" or we can at least make it be known that it just isnt acceptable.  If nothing else comes of it they will certainly think twice about proceeding with a crayola competition in the staff canteen to see who can come up with a badge in a minute. The above isn't aimed at you Si, just stating why people would want to sign the petition. I have,  I have emailed Everton, I have emailed Tony from the fans forum who was supposedly consulted and I will be emailing Elstone as well to voice my opinion on the matter.

May 26, 2013, 10:52:21 PM
Reply #196

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I hate it, I won't be buying any merch because of it.

May 26, 2013, 11:03:27 PM
Reply #197

Danny

I hate it, I won't be buying any merch because of it.

Same, might just pickup that Le Coq home kit from a few years ago if I can find it.

May 26, 2013, 11:07:48 PM
Reply #198

ally2

I'm still seething and cannot believe this is actually for real. I have signed the petition and promise I will not buy anything with that shite on it. If I get anything as a present, I'll return it - I'm that embarrassed.

May 27, 2013, 12:14:58 AM
Reply #199

Simon Paul

Administrator
http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-sponsor/do-you-like-evertons-new-badge/

over 1,000 votes so far....less than 50 say they like the new badge

I've signed the petition, but I genuinely don't believe it will make a difference in the short term

it's been done because of Nike.  We were told this before yesterday and the video makes it obvious when you see that "technical difficulties" are written next to the bits that have been removed.  Then we see that Man City have the same crest around their badge on their new Nike kit and it all becomes even more blatant that they are pulling the strings on this.

Everton are already preparing to make changes next season, but it won't be until after the Nike deal (or when we get taken over and the new chairman needs a gimmick to get the fans onside which is cheaper than re-signing Duncan Ferguson) that it gets done properly

May 27, 2013, 02:07:44 AM
Reply #200

wepull

But if 20,000 or more fans say that they are not going to buy this shirt cuz of this badge, and this is just the online population, they will realize that they will suffer major losses then even Nike would be hesitant to go forward with the same design.

May 27, 2013, 02:20:17 AM
Reply #201

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
Does anyone ITK have an idea on what the club made with merchandise sales last year? I think sales will fall by as much as 75% as a result of that shit stain being plastered on merchandise...just wondered how much this could potentially cost the club and if it would make financial sense to change it ASAP.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

May 27, 2013, 02:44:03 AM
Reply #202

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Silence again from the club.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

May 27, 2013, 03:01:57 AM
Reply #203

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
Silence again from the club.

They're a gang of cowards lizz, you can see them all now..."just keep a low profile for a few days and it'll all die down", in the meantime they're thinking what bullshit they can come out with to try and distract us. They haven't even got the balls to admit they've made a mistake and will look to rectify it, that will at least buy them some time. The silence is making things worse, they're not even tweeting the usual bollocks.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 03:02:39 AM by Eddie »

May 27, 2013, 03:14:43 AM
Reply #204

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
They're a gang of cowards lizz, you can see them all now..."just keep a low profile for a few days and it'll all die down", in the meantime they're thinking what bullshit they can come out with to try and distract us. They haven't even got the balls to admit they've made a mistake and will look to rectify it, that will at least buy them some time. The silence is making things worse, they're not even tweeting the usual bollocks.

That's the worst thing isn't it, the silence. Makes us feel even more out of touch with them, they never listen and they never respond.

In other news, we have David Moyes dolls with the new badge for sale in shops  shakeyheadman

We are the biggest joke of a club.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

May 27, 2013, 03:23:23 AM
Reply #205

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
That's the worst thing isn't it, the silence. Makes us feel even more out of touch with them, they never listen and they never respond.

In other news, we have David Moyes dolls with the new badge for sale in shops  shakeyheadman

We are the biggest joke of a club.

It's nearly as embarrassing as our club tweeting about united coaching staff leaving! Can't wait for the EGM to see what the slimy twats come out with. They're spineless to a man.

May 27, 2013, 03:25:25 AM
Reply #206

BrotherEstapol

The comments on every Facebook post by the club, regardless of subject, are slagging the crest.

May 27, 2013, 03:34:15 AM
Reply #207

Everton Mint

The new badge is a bad joke... looks like a its from a design-a-badge competition for the Under-5's :(

No motto - Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.  How apt...

Never going to accept it, use it or buy anything with it on.

'If it aint broke dont fix it...'

May 27, 2013, 03:39:50 AM
Reply #208

American Evertonian

If we were going to modernize our logo why did we not hire the firm that Crystal Palace did. They did a solid job with their new crest...

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/crests/crystal-palace-unveil-new-crest.html
Are we there yet?

May 27, 2013, 03:58:55 AM
Reply #209

Everton Mint

Little Barnsley FC are sponsored by Nike and even they get a wayyyy better more detailed badge  :headbang:

http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/

And what about FC Porto for complex:

So if Nike are OK with these designs, how can they be responsible for our new joke of a badge ??

No, its the club to blame. Again.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 04:09:25 AM by Everton Mint »