July 10, 2020, 07:41:35 AM

Author Topic: [News]Kenwright: Martinez will get us into Champion's League  (Read 7998 times)

June 06, 2013, 04:31:02 AM
Reply #30

benny

I have the opposite view, fella - and that was not only music to Bill's ears (obviously) but it should be music to every Evertonians ear.

I agree,if we have no ambition of climbing the ladder no matter how hard it looks at the moment there is no reason on carrying on supporting your team no matter who they are

June 06, 2013, 04:34:11 AM
Reply #31

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Vinny O'Connor ‏@VinnOConnor 54s

Roberto Martinez wasn't lying when he said he couldn't wait to get started....he's been working at Finch Farm this evening
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

June 06, 2013, 04:35:40 AM
Reply #32

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber

Roberto Martinez wasn't lying when he said he couldn't wait to get started....he's been working at Finch Farm this evening

That fills me with a lot more confidence than any soundbites from Kenwright.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 04:35:52 AM by Major Clanger »
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

June 06, 2013, 04:36:41 AM
Reply #33

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber

Be cleaning up the big turd moyes left on his desk. :o
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

June 06, 2013, 04:36:52 AM
Reply #34

Gash

Global Moderator

He's only wallpapering his office.

June 06, 2013, 04:38:11 AM
Reply #35

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Be cleaning up the big turd moyes left on his desk. :o

I thought Naismith was away on international duty.

June 06, 2013, 04:40:29 AM
Reply #36

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

June 06, 2013, 04:47:37 AM
Reply #37

Ross

He's just seen the note left on his new desk

"Dear new manager, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money-kind regards David"
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 06, 2013, 05:36:11 AM
Reply #38

Les Trebilcock

Martinez spoke of us today, he said (paraphrasing), we're going to need the fans. When I first heard it (I've watched the media conference 3 times), I was a little puzzled. Now, I've a link (below) in which he says,

"In football, it's normal - you need to have a debate. I think the beautiful thing about the game is because everyone has got an opinion. The only thing I want is that every fan at Everton can be proud of what we're trying to do and I need to answer all the critics with work.
 That's nothing different that I've done in the past and I think it's healthy that people are questioning your appointment. I think it's something that keeps you desperate to show what we can do and you can turn around and be happy with the work's that being done."

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/everton-fc-news/1218990-new-everton-fc-manager-roberto-martinez-vows-to-win-over-critics.html

So, after reading that, I've now realised, that today he knew (when he said the above) he had critics - I for one, love the underdog, especially if that dog is faithful and humble.

Adelante, tú azules

Come on you Blues.
You can take that to the bank.

June 06, 2013, 05:59:42 AM
Reply #39

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
As I said, thankfully Roberto seems to be a realist with his head firmly screwed on.

June 06, 2013, 06:22:49 AM
Reply #40

Outworlder47

Are we? I think we're at least 6 or 7 players away at least. Don't just think in terms of a starting eleven, you need a healthy sized and high-quality squad as well as some luck, as Spurs have found out several times recently.

From competing in the Champions League, sure. (And by that, I mean getting to the knockout stages with regularity, while not seeing league form suffer.) However, just getting there--which should be the first aim--is much nearer. Give us another couple of goals this past season, we finish 4th. I agree though, that with the squad we have now, we couldn't realistically compete in both Europe and the Premier League without some additional bodies.

June 06, 2013, 06:58:55 AM
Reply #41

blueski

Are we?

Put Michu in our side last season and we get 4th. As Klopp has proved, having a good scouting network and academy can get you anywhere
I think Michu would be a good addition but he's not in the same class as Suarez, Van Persie, Rooney, Tevez, Aguero, Bale, etc...

Players like that who can come on and singlhandedly win games even when your midfield is off are the real source of the "consistency" needed to be a comfortable top 4 side IMO

How many games did this lot bail their team out for to get a result? We need someone to win us a game against Norwich when we're playing shite

I thought Jelavic might be that guy for us and he was last season, but sadly no
Nil Satis

June 06, 2013, 12:38:38 PM
Reply #42

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

This.

It's this type of trait that actually helps with continuity much more than someone appearing to be the same as Moyes (be that someone Scottish or an internal appointment).

The players will look at that and think recognise that he really means what he says.

Very encouraging.

June 06, 2013, 01:04:24 PM
Reply #43

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I like this Martinez fellow already. I wanted someone to to come in and work hard and give his all. That's all we as Evertonions ask for. It really typifies what NSNO really means.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

June 06, 2013, 02:20:31 PM
Reply #44

charlatan

I thought Jelavic might be that guy for us and he was last season, but sadly no

I get the feeling the Jelavic we see this coming season is going to be more like the Jelavic that joined us a year last January.  I think Bobby will tell him to stay where he can do the damage, not run around like a headless chicken