November 19, 2017, 08:26:59 PM

Author Topic: Vaughan  (Read 5260 times)

December 28, 2009, 11:25:24 PM
Read 5260 times

Thom

Administrator
Absolutely made up for him to score today. That was his first goal since the 3-4 win over Alkmaar over two years ago.

You know that he'll always get the crowd up for the fight when his determination and willingness to chase everything. He's had such a horrendous time with injuries that it would be great to see him stay injury free and get a run in the side. That could happen to now, funnily enough, with Yakubu off to the African Nations and Saha and Jo both nursing injuries.

deCoubertin

December 28, 2009, 11:27:48 PM
Reply #1

Flusky

I loved his little dig on Jensen Arbuckle.

December 28, 2009, 11:31:11 PM
Reply #2

huck

Anyone know what his celebration was?
Le Berry

December 28, 2009, 11:36:33 PM
Reply #3

Chris

Administrator
Anyone know what his celebration was?

Looked like he was dedicating it to someone... or just thanking God.

December 28, 2009, 11:40:39 PM
Reply #4

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Well done to the lad. I have not been his greatest fan and he has plenty still to prove but after all the injuries he has had, to keep working and to keep his head up speaks volumes about his character. Good on him and hope he can stay injury free.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 28, 2009, 11:42:07 PM
Reply #5

huck

I forgot just how fast he is amazing even after so many injuries. Hope he keeps fit for a while now.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 11:48:55 PM by huck »
Le Berry

December 28, 2009, 11:43:13 PM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Looked like he was dedicating it to someone... or just thanking God.

It looked like he'd caught his wrist on something and was sucking the blood out.

I originally thought it was Hibbert that scored actually.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 28, 2009, 11:44:37 PM
Reply #7

Carmella

I think the injury and before that being sent out on loan will have done the lad a load of good and brought him back down to earth, he was starting to get a bit too big for his boots imo and has now had a real reality check.

He needs to get his head down and play how we know he can.

December 28, 2009, 11:55:14 PM
Reply #8

fast lane

I was very pleased for him that he had scored.
None of the others were looking like doing it.
Too many shots were going over the bar.
Something that needs to be worked on at Finch Farm.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 29, 2009, 01:04:34 AM
Reply #9

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Jimmy looked like a different player when he came on today, so much more composed and his decision making was far better than usual. Ive always seen him as like a dog, all the energy in the world but when he got the ball at his feet he seemed over excited and sometimes fumbled it around as he was so excited to have the ball at his feet. Spot on today

December 29, 2009, 02:24:38 AM
Reply #10

Meak

i just think hes absolute shit... but we'll see
Follow me on Twitter @BlakeEMeakin

December 29, 2009, 03:33:19 AM
Reply #11

blueski

He is lightning quick, it was great to see him making those runs forward and tracking back, enjoyed that even more than the goal
Nil Satis

December 29, 2009, 03:46:51 AM
Reply #12

DannyR

Sorry to put things down but. his goal shouldn't of stood!
Due to Yakubu being offside when the ball was played and he did interfere with it.
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

December 29, 2009, 03:54:02 AM
Reply #13

Chazman

Sorry to put things down but. his goal shouldn't of stood!
Due to Yakubu being offside when the ball was played and he did interfere with it.
I thought that too but you can't blame Vaughan for that.I'm made up for the lad.
"I fuckin love this club"

December 29, 2009, 04:00:16 AM
Reply #14

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Well, it counters the goal we had incorrectly disallowed against Brum, doesn't it?
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney